This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

mftnchn Explorer
I was just never alone....and I never felt lonely or "lost" until this happened. It was mostly because I was sick, in alot of pain and totally brainfogged. I was scared because I didnt know what was happening with my body (or how to fix it)...I was on disability (which was also scary) and then all of a sudden my relationship was over.

Maybe this is the trigger--feeling more sick triggers the anxiety of being rejected for being sick and being left alone again?? Maybe that would tie into your high motivation to get well and go to Germany...

Sherry

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rachel--24 Collaborator
Maybe this is the trigger--feeling more sick triggers the anxiety of being rejected for being sick and being left alone again?? Maybe that would tie into your high motivation to get well and go to Germany...

Sherry

Hmmm....maybe you're onto something. Anytime I feel more sick I am more anxious about getting well. Its like nothing good will happen (romantically) until I get well again. I've said it from the start that I CANT get into a relationship until I'm all better.....I just dont want to go there.

There is probably some part of me that fears going through what I already went through....but I also know that I just want to be more spontaneous and free (not worrying about food) when I start a relationship.

So maybe when I'm feeling sick like I was in the beginning...the dreams come back because I have the same fears about being left alone.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Also in every dream I'm always sick.....its a major part of the dream. I'm just not myself and I'm always feeling rejected and alone.....and my ex is always in the dream too. It just goes back to exactly how I felt in the beginning.

I think the only way the dreams will stop for good is if I'm all the way better and never having any "setbacks" or reactions.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Well, Rachel, I think you're onto something after this online therapy session! :lol:

It sounds like you are "over" the relationship. You know in your heart that even if you were well you couldn't take him back. But it sounds like the abandonment is an issue. Of course, you were sick before that happened. I think it's good that you are finding men you are interested in and aren't "well" yet. You are seeing that someone will love you for who you are. :) That alone might help you with your feelings of rejection and abandonment. :)

confused Community Regular
Well, Rachel, I think you're onto something after this online therapy session! :lol:

It sounds like you are "over" the relationship. You know in your heart that even if you were well you couldn't take him back. But it sounds like the abandonment is an issue. Of course, you were sick before that happened. I think it's good that you are finding men you are interested in and aren't "well" yet. You are seeing that someone will love you for who you are. :) That alone might help you with your feelings of rejection and abandonment. :)

Ditto what carla said.

Everyone

I am so freakin sick. I have to give up on detoxing right now. I have strep throat and my monthly visitor decided to show up and she is being mean. What were the vitamins to take for cramps.

paula

CarlaB Enthusiast
Everyone

I am so freakin sick. I have to give up on detoxing right now. I have strep throat and my monthly visitor decided to show up and she is being mean. What were the vitamins to take for cramps.

paula

B Complex and perhaps extra B6. Magnesium up to 1000 mg per day (I take more than that). Essential fatty acids (evening primrose oil, fish oil, flax oil, etc.)

This is reflective of an imbalance though. It's not like taking an aspirin and making the pain go away, it's more like balancing your body so you don't have the problem.

Strep throat is horrible! What are you taking for it?

mftnchn Explorer

Rachel, makes sense. And what if you could let somebody be a part of your life and your current journey toward health? I don't think every guy would be like your ex but it might be that's where the emotional trigger and stuck place is.

Paula, hope you feel better soon.

Carla, how are you this morning?

I'm having some symptoms again. Mostly lower back pain, but a little fog/fatigue with it too. I am writing things down, this is my week to start Enula and be off Zithromax. So I am wondering about this.

My chelation seems to go well, I feel better on Tuesday after my DMPS, tend to have more symptoms several days later, except this week.

Even with the back pain though I was clear enough and energetic enough to get quite a lot of work done today. So still overall doing pretty well.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

CarlaB Enthusiast
Rachel, makes sense. And what if you could let somebody be a part of your life and your current journey toward health? I don't think every guy would be like your ex but it might be that's where the emotional trigger and stuck place is.

This might be why you were so dead set against a relationship while you were sick. You seem to be opening up to the idea somewhat though.

Carla, how are you this morning?

I'm having some symptoms again. Mostly lower back pain, but a little fog/fatigue with it too. I am writing things down, this is my week to start Enula and be off Zithromax. So I am wondering about this.

My chelation seems to go well, I feel better on Tuesday after my DMPS, tend to have more symptoms several days later, except this week.

Even with the back pain though I was clear enough and energetic enough to get quite a lot of work done today. So still overall doing pretty well.

I was the same way, Sherry, always felt better on chelation days.

I'm feeling better than yesterday. Yesterday was the start of my regular herx. Since it so regularly comes, I was expecting it. So, I just got feeling a little better from the mold detox, then went right into my herx. It will be exciting to see what my new baseline is tomorrow. :) The herx is letting up. It was horrible yesterday, I even took a Norco.

I must not have a candida problem because the Diflucan really isn't making me feel bad. I don't feel anything at all from it.

I'll look forward to being able to work out again! I haven't been able to for over a week now. Maybe tomorrow. I still can't today.

mftnchn Explorer

Its really good news that it looks like you are moving through the detox and the herx...hope it is really quick improvement now.

Sherry

CarlaB Enthusiast
Its really good news that it looks like you are moving through the detox and the herx...hope it is really quick improvement now.

Sherry

Thanks, yes it is good news. When I read mold detox can take months I was scared I'd feel like this for a long time. The German doctor I'm going to will be able to address the mold detox as well, so I should be able to really get rid of this next month when I see him. :)

I didn't need any painkillers for the mold detox feelings. But the Lyme herx causes pain, so it looks as if I'll need them again today if I want to function at anything close to a normal level.

Someone asked me how I knew it was the mold and not the Lyme acting up. I know they just didn't understand, but it's not different than when you have a sore throat, you know it might be strep, but if you have stomach problems, it's more likely to be a stomach bug. It was just different. Not the same at all. From the outside, I can see how it would look the same, but it wasn't.

Hi folks,

I'm a bit desperate and was hoping to hear from other people who have used the Bioset program for food allergies.

My son is ill with Lyme, and other coinfections, and also has had mold exposure, leaky but, -- the works. It has been so difficult to keep him stable enough or any treatment as his GI system is very weakened. He has some very good days, goest to school, then wham - something I feed him, lays him out for days. This is in contrast, to before Bioset, when he was more tolerant to a lot of things.

I suspect that having various candida and other bad fungi and bacteria in the gut (which we are treating with caprylic acid - he had a bad reaction to diflucan) may make him more sensitive as well.

In contrast, I too, have Lyme etc ... but am not impaired to the degree he is and have a much more robust system at present. I also, have been able to sustain my treatment.

He has been doing Bioset at Delicate Balance, San Jose, since the summer (and have not yet done the food panels or food additives).

However, in the last few weeks, he's become extremely reactive to foods that were not problems before (that I could tell).

I know the theory about how as he's been "cleared" for all the other items in his various subsystems, that the formerly tired Mast cells (or was it macrophages) now have histamine etc .... to spare against items that they were too tired to notice much before. However, things have been getting worse and I'm really scared for him.

Last night I gave him a cookie (gluten-free chocolate chip from whole foods 365 mix), that he has had before (albeit, motns ago) but he immediately got nauseous, a severe headache, vomited, dizzy, etc ....

I don't know which ingredient to suspect (although soy lecithin is a prime suspect). He reacted similarly a few days ago to Celestial Seasonings Cinnamon Apple tea (which I shouldn't have given since it has a laundry list of ingredients).

He is so super reactive now, I inadvertently poison him. He is laid out for 1 to 2 days after an infraction.

My question, did Bioset truly work for any of you in eliminating food allergies or allergies to food additives?

Did any of you verify that it worked by retaking IgE or IgG or skin tests?

Is there anything that can help pull him out of the allergic reaction aftermath?

In fact, is there anything I can do in the midst of an allergic reaction - he cannot swallow anything - so that I cannot administer any antihistamine etc .... (not sure if he is actually having an IgE reaction anyway, no itching, hives, etc ...)

Thanks for any help from you experienced members. I am so hoping that Bioset will be effective (which is an act of faith for me, considering my extreme skepticism, but that's where I am at present).

Deborah

aprilh Apprentice
My ex still cant talk to me about this illness. I talk about it and share everything thats going on but I can tell that its uncomfortable and my ex will get very quiet (barely saying a word) when the subject comes up....and just cant really believe that its REAL. Its still hard to believe that this happened to me. :huh:

That's sort of like how I feel with my hubby. I can't talk to him about these issues. When I was really sick and he thought it was all in my head - that frustrated me to tears! I still can't really talk to him about it. It goes over his head and he says "I just don't agree". Well, how can you debate an issue if you know NOTHING about it and NEVER look into it, read anything I read, ect. :angry: so frustrating.

That is good anyway. I'm sorry about the relational issues though.

How is the SCD going for you?

SCD is going great so far! My stomach is flatter and way less bloated. I am feeling more energetic and the weak leg thing I had for so long is gone. Plus no more little pains in my lower abdomen. This is working for me so far.

Sometimes divorce is hard on kids, so I thought maybe there were similarities.

The thing you said that stood out is that the break-up was the first time you were alone. Perhaps there's another time you felt alone? Not in general, but maybe a specific incident? Just throwing things out there.

I am SO NAUSEOUS that I couldn't lie down to go to sleep. I think it's subsiding a little. No idea what caused this. I don't typically have a problem with it. Diflucan maybe?

Diflucan is processed by the liver and so are other toxins so it could be your liver is overwhelmed.

April, this sounds really hard. Do you think that you are making progress at all with the counseling? Sometimes it can go for awhile and not feel you are getting anywhere but suddenly there is a break through. Hang in there.

Sherry

A tiny bit of progress. But I leave there angry and I don't take that as a good sign. It basically boils down to feeling like I am not being heard, not respected, and him (hubby) not really being tolerant of other people's ideas and situations. Not everything fits in his little box.

I'm ok with how things are now.....but it still bothers me alot that my ex is the one person who NEVER asks about my health, doctor appts, treatments, etc. Even STRANGERS are more interested!

There is just absolutely ZERO acknowledgement that any of this is going on....and then if I bring it up there's just blank stares off into the distance.

I know that if the situation were reversed I would be so concerned and worried. I think this is the part that just kills me....and if anything is still eating at me its this.....because I dont understand it and it hurts me alot. :(

I can only get a response if what I'm saying is extremely positive...like there is an end in sight and I'll be back to normal and eating whatever I want again.....otherwise its just blank stares. There is not really any support because there is no acknowledgement.

I think if the doctors figure it out and I really start recovering, detoxing, eating more foods and becoming less sensitive......then my ex will be more willing to talk about all of this and acknowledging that I went through all of it. I just dont know how I'll feel though...I feel like it will always be an issue like "You werent THERE for me.....everyone else cared more than YOU did."

I dont know if I'll get past that.....ever.

I dont think my ex can handle me being sick...and I dont think I can handle that the whole issue is ignored for all this time.....and this sickness is the most MAJOR event I've gone through in my life so far.

Usually I dont think much about this anymore.....but I guess its still "there"....even if I'm over the break-up itself. :(

I think you're onto something.....I think him not even trying to understand for whatever reason is blocking you emotionally. It might boil down to that unresolved conflict thing.

Hmmm....maybe you're onto something. Anytime I feel more sick I am more anxious about getting well. Its like nothing good will happen (romantically) until I get well again. I've said it from the start that I CANT get into a relationship until I'm all better.....I just dont want to go there.

There is probably some part of me that fears going through what I already went through....but I also know that I just want to be more spontaneous and free (not worrying about food) when I start a relationship.

So maybe when I'm feeling sick like I was in the beginning...the dreams come back because I have the same fears about being left alone.

Yep....I think you're onto something!! :lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast

Welcome Deborah!!! I'm so glad you just jumped in and joined us!

I've never had Bioset, though many here have had great results, so I'll let them answer.

But, with the cookie, maybe it's as simple as the sugar. Sugar feeds Lyme. It can make you feel an increase in symptoms.

I'm sure someone else will chime in with a more Bioset-related answer. :)

Thanks, April, that is what I was concerned about. The first day I felt bad during the mold detox, I felt nauseous, too. G. told me it was a sign my liver was toxic and gave me instructions on how to just bind and eliminate toxins rather than stirring up new ones.

I didn't take her advice on stopping the coffee enemas because they seem to take the toxic load off so well for me. That increases the glutathione production in the liver and causes it to dump toxins. Seems like it will work well in conjunction with cholestyramine (the cholestyramine will be there to bind the bile released by the liver).

I have oral glutathione, too, do you think taking more of this would be bad or good? I know you guys aren't docs, but I just wonder what your instincts tell you ......

aprilh Apprentice
Thanks, April, that is what I was concerned about. The first day I felt bad during the mold detox, I felt nauseous, too. G. told me it was a sign my liver was toxic and gave me instructions on how to just bind and eliminate toxins rather than stirring up new ones.

I didn't take her advice on stopping the coffee enemas because they seem to take the toxic load off so well for me. That increases the glutathione production in the liver and causes it to dump toxins. Seems like it will work well in conjunction with cholestyramine (the cholestyramine will be there to bind the bile released by the liver).

I have oral glutathione, too, do you think taking more of this would be bad or good? I know you guys aren't docs, but I just wonder what your instincts tell you ......

Liver enzymes have to be checked regularly on diflucan if that tells you anything about how hard it is on the liver.

I would be surprised if you didn't have some sort of yeast issue with the mold exposure. But it could be since you are so good about your diet and not racheling sweets that you kept things under control that way. Wish I could say the same!

I think you are right to keep doing the coffee enema's because i am pretty sure they help take the burden off the liver and out of the digestive tract immediately. Instead of going through the organs and blood stream.

i don't know much about glutathione so I can't answer that one. I would think keeping the liver pathways functioning is a good thing but not to overdo it. Maybe do the supplement on days you don't do the coffee enema?

aprilh Apprentice

guineapigme,

Sorry for all your going through with the lyme. There are a bunch of "lymies" on this thread so I am sure you will get good advice in that department.

I was going to recommend trying the SCD diet. Specific Carbohydrate Diet. Sometimes gluten free isn't enough to heal the gut and the gut damage is still being aggravated by other hard to digest carbs. I have had good results with it recently.

If you wish to look into it more there are many places you can go. www.pecanbread.com is one of them.

I haven't done bioset, but looked into it. I am first trying the SCD diet to see if healing the gut is what we need to work on first.

dlp252 Apprentice
My question, did Bioset truly work for any of you in eliminating food allergies or allergies to food additives?

Did any of you verify that it worked by retaking IgE or IgG or skin tests?

I had BioSET done at the same location. I think it did help, but probably moreso in identifying what I should stay away from than actually desensitizing me. I do think it helped desensitize a little, but I think avoiding helped more. That allowed my gut to heal a little more. I've been adding a few things in a little at a time and it seems so have worked. I did not confirm with skin testing though. They give you a "plan" to reintroduce foods and they can always retreat if necessary.

I agree with Carla about the sugar...I seem to be less tolerant to it than ever. :(

You know, for me personally, more seems better. I don't even measure it anymore...I just pour whatever amount comes out. The original amount they wanted me to take was 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon twice a day. I think I take more than that, lol.

I talked with Dr. S (treating me for lyme and the one who wants me to take it) about it and told him that I wasn't measuring anymore, and he was absolutely fine with that, and in fact said he does the same thing. I've had it muscle tested and tested at BioSET though and it tested fine, so I was more inclined to get loose with it, lol.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Thanks April. I feel bad if I don't do the coffee enemas, so I have done them daily for a long time. :ph34r: Now that I know I had this source of toxins I was sleeping on, I know why I had real relief from something that is so cleansing!

I have had my liver tested monthly throughout treatment. :) I've tried to do things that cleanse the liver like the coffee enema all along since I'm always on Mepron or Malarone so can't take milk thistle.

I'm puzzled too about the no yeast. I have always eaten by the 80/20 rule. 80% what I should be eating, 20% junk (that's not as much junk as it sounds). Earlier in treatment it was more like 95/5.

I was on Nystatin with abx, so I'm sure that helped a lot.

I would think if I had any kind of yeast problem that the Diflucan would be causing one heck of a die-off! It's not. My main herx symptom this herx is my normal pain - left shoulder, left side of back. It gets so bad though that it makes me fatigued. If I take a pain killer, I actually have more energy .. but the Norco also makes me loopy. So, today I'm loopy. :) Adam's gone, so I have to take care of the kids by myself, so loopy is better than so tired I can't get out of bed.

AndreaB Contributor
I'm a bit desperate and was hoping to hear from other people who have used the Bioset program for food allergies.

My son is ill with Lyme, and other coinfections, and also has had mold exposure, leaky but, -- the works. It has been so difficult to keep him stable enough or any treatment as his GI system is very weakened. He has some very good days, goest to school, then wham - something I feed him, lays him out for days. This is in contrast, to before Bioset, when he was more tolerant to a lot of things.

I haven't done bioset so I can't answer that. It could be that your son is reaction to certain compounds in foods rather than the actual food being a problem.

Someone already mentioned the SCD to try. Another thing could be ART (Autonomic Response Testing) to try and pinpoint the main stressors on the body right now and see if the treatment protocol you currently have him on is working for him at this time. The girls down in Cali can tell you more. Dr M is down in the area somewhere and he does ART.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Donna we must have posted at the same time as I just saw your response. My glutathione is 1 tsp up to 4 times per day. My doc said to take it once per day no matter how I felt, then up to four times if I feel bad.

It tastes and smells like rotten eggs! Does yours?

BTW, the cholestyramine made me nauseous when I took it today .... found the culprit. Wasn't as bad as last night.

Last time I took it it didn't have this effect.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I'm taking a shorter lunch today because I'm leaving work early for my appt. with Dr. P. :)

This is the conclusion that I've come to and plan on discussing with him.

1. sulfation pathway was never strong to begin with....possibly due to genetics, my mom having had 11 amalgams, nutritional deficiencies (poor diet), and other factors.

2. Graves Disease.....the excess hormones and neurotransmitters (epinephrine) puts more strain on the pathway....especially during periods of high stress (more hormones/toxins to deal with).

3. I may have developed a sensitivity to the hormones and neurotransmitters because they are constantly in circulation (in higher than normal amounts).

3. Dental work....the dentist injects epinephrine (excessively) prior to drilling out the fillings.

4. The epinephrine itself furthur inhibits/blocks the pathway....and then the mercury comes into play at the same time. Its not able to be detoxed....and is locked in.

5. I go for more dental work....again there is injections of epinephrine and then the placement of gold crowns (galvanic reaction).

6. Now there is a constant release of mercury and other metals....and the pathway at this point is pretty overloaded and (in a very short time) all sensitivities/symptoms set in.

7. All metals are removed and I remain "stuck" for all this time. Nothing is moving out.

8. Toxins go in....toxins do not come out. :(

9. So now Rachel is still toxic, cant date anyone because of "abandonment issues" and the food heinosities are endless.

10. The pathway must be opened up. :)

So this is MY gameplan for today's visit. I'm totally NOT open to discussing Lyme anymore. I might just LOSE IT if that becomes a major topic today. :P

I dont want to revisit....enough is enough....my CD57 is still normal!

I will let you guys know how it goes. :)

dlp252 Apprentice

I haven't noticed a strong smell. It does have a slight "taste", lol. I usually mix it with my smoothie though, so I don't notice it at all, and that's probably why I can take a lot of it. :rolleyes:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Donna we must have posted at the same time as I just saw your response. My glutathione is 1 tsp up to 4 times per day. My doc said to take it once per day no matter how I felt, then up to four times if I feel bad.

It tastes and smells like rotten eggs! Does yours?

Glutathione = sulfur.....so it should smell like rotten eggs.

My TD-DMPS totally smells like rotten egg because of the glutathione.

dlp252 Apprentice

Good luck Rachel!

Maybe I haven't noticed the smell because the bottle has a tiny little opening in the top to squeeze it out, lol.

CarlaB Enthusiast
9. So now Rachel is still toxic, cant date anyone because of "abandonment issues" and the food heinosities are endless.

This just struck me as funny! :lol: :lol:

I think you've made great progress in your openness to dating. Months ago you were like, men don't exist to me right now .... lately you seem to be noticing all the hot guys out there. ;)

I haven't noticed a strong smell. It does have a slight "taste", lol. I usually mix it with my smoothie though, so I don't notice it at all, and that's probably why I can take a lot of it. :rolleyes:

Oh, no, you can smell mine across the room! You would never, ever, ever, ever dream of putting it in a smoothie! My LLMD was telling me how he holds his nose to drink it even when he mixes it with juice! With playing the flute, I can block off my nose without using my hand to do it, LOL. But I certainly wouldn't want to breathe through my nose while drinking it. Bad, really, really bad.

What brand is yours Donna? Here's mine. Open Original Shared Link

AndreaB Contributor

I'll be looking foward to your appointment update Rachel.

Archived