This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

CarlaB Enthusiast

I have a digital scale .... I've lost another pound, so that's five pounds now. If only it were this easy to lose when you wanted to!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DinaB Apprentice

I was in the same position as you last summer. Everthing I was eating was causing a reaction. I went online to Open Original Shared Link and ordered an Ige/IgG food allergy test. It turns out that everyting I was eating I was allergic too. BUT, my allergies were not immediate, they were all delayed, which stayed in my system for days. I was shocked at the things that came up that I would have never even thought of. Anyway, this is definitely a start.

As far as corn goes, I now have issues with that as well due to Gastritis. So, I am Gluten free, corn free (gast), egg-free (allergic), soy free (allergic), nut-free (allergic) casein free (allergic), and can't eat many fruits and veggies due to gastritis. After reading many posts, I decided again totry some digestive enzymes. I will do anything to try and eat normal again.

Direct labs also has a Leaky Gut test, which I took last year and it was negative. I've done so much research on Leaky Gut/Yeast issues. I do strongly believe that once the gut is irritated it is EXTRA sensitive to almost everything. I run into this every now and again when taking pain meds.

I hope this helps!

confused Community Regular

Hello everyone, I was finally feeling better yesterday so i decided to paint my closet and clean it all out. Then i decided to clean the bathroom in the bedroom, and guess what i found. Yes more mold. So i am back to being sick from hell.

paula

mftnchn Explorer

I wonder if the weight will re-balance after you get through the detox. Maybe you'll need some of the agave fudge. :)

CarlaB Enthusiast
I wonder if the weight will re-balance after you get through the detox. Maybe you'll need some of the agave fudge. :)

Yeah, maybe! I've been eating fatty foods since I'm not very hungry ... it makes it easier to get enough calories. :) I seem to be eating normally (even with no appetite), but I'm still losing. Odd. I'm definitely not burning calories, it's exercise just to walk across the house!

I just don't want the muscle wasting again ... losing a little weight isn't the problem ... I'm afraid of the muscle wasting and the hair loss I had before. My hair loss was so bad last time I dropped weight that my hair dresser noticed. Five pounds in a week or so is not good.

AndreaB Contributor

Sherry,

Glad you are feeling better today. :)

Carla,

5 pounds is a lot in a week.........specially when you don't need to lose. Hoping the downward trend stops soon for you and you start feeling better before you have the muscle loss and hair loss. I'm thinking maybe it won't be so bad since you've treated lyme for over a year and were feeling better overall.

That's interesting about Adam. It would make sense that he had mold build up too. Probably not as much as you, but I'd be surprised if he wasn't affected at all. Headaches are no fun either.

Paula,

More mold! :o Not good. Hope you feel better soon.

Dina,

Welcome to the thread. A lot of us hear have varying food intolerances. Some have been improved due to more healing of underlying causes.

Well, S and I are sick with T and M coming up sick now. Only Mitch is healthy at this point but he's gone all day and had an overnighter this week.....when S and I were starting to get sick. It's interesting how viruses affect everyone differently. Seems like we are always sick around M's birthday....which is Tuesday. Kids have got to be over this within 2 1/2 weeks as Grandma wants to have them up. I don't want them getting her sick.

aprilh Apprentice

I forgot to add from my ND appointment.....She was totally dismayed that my pediatrician wouldn't treat my daughter's tick bite in the first place but then not to treat her when the tick was positive for Ehrilichia was even worse!

She said if I can find out the protocol, she would make it happen. Now to find out the protocol...???? There isn't as much info out there on Ehrlichia as Lyme.

Any ideas?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ShadowSwallow Newbie

Ehrlichiosis needs to be treated by a tetracycline antibiotic (like Doxy). I'm not sure about the suggested dosages, though. Probably the standard 100mg for Lyme.

That's the reason Doxy is usually given to treat Lyme first, it covers more of the co-infections.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Ehrlichiosis needs to be treated by a tetracycline antibiotic (like Doxy). I'm not sure about the suggested dosages, though. Probably the standard 100mg for Lyme.

That's the reason Doxy is usually given to treat Lyme first, it covers more of the co-infections.

Typically doxy is not used with small children, but it looks like for ehrlichiosis it might be ..... even the CDC says doxy is used for children.

So, it's been a few weeks since the tick bite hasn't it? Honestly, from an ehrlichiosis standpoint, I think I'd just leave well enough alone. I would think you would have seen something by now. But I may be wrong, that's my hunch.

ShadowSwallow Newbie

Yes, the article I read said specifically that amoxy doesn't get to Ehrlichiosis.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Look at page 14....specific meds used for Ehrlichia treatment....(meds for other infections are also listed).

Open Original Shared Link

Is it typical for a tick to carry a single co-infection with no Borrelia?? :unsure:

I didnt think that was very common??

Anyone know this?

mftnchn Explorer

Rachel, that was my thought. If E is there I'd think borrellia is likely?

Erlich. is supposed to be easier to treat April. But--I have to tell you that I tested positive in 2000 and have been treating all this time, and was still positive by ART last winter when she said it was clogging up my lymph system. Treatment has helped with the bug showing up and with my symptoms. So from that I think that I still have not yet beat this.

One idea, would an LLMD from far away consult with you ND for treatment?

I was on poke root for the Erlichia most recently.

Sherry

mftnchn Explorer
Yeah, maybe! I've been eating fatty foods since I'm not very hungry ... it makes it easier to get enough calories. :) I seem to be eating normally (even with no appetite), but I'm still losing. Odd. I'm definitely not burning calories, it's exercise just to walk across the house!

Maybe when the detox passes you will be hungrier again and can increase your amounts. If you think you are eating the same amounts of things this is really curious although I suppose it is inflammation related.

What about adding a couple more snacks to your day for now?

Do you think part of the detox might be an upset of your intestine with decreased ability to digest and absorb?

Sherry

Rachel--24 Collaborator

From Carla's link....

We have found the mercury in the ashes of the bones of mercurial patients. A patient is coming to us now who went through a course of mercurial treatment two years ago. The gold rings on his fingers turn black under the effect of the mercury which his system is now eliminating.

Ummmm.....is this why my gold earings turn my lobes black sometimes?? :unsure:

I stopped wearing rings a few years ago for the same reason. <_<

I know its because of the metal toxicity....but its definately not because my system is eliminating mercury.....because that just aint happening.

Although it could be a result of mobilization?? It only happens when my bucket is overflowing....and I suppose anything which causes stuff to move around could provoke this kind of reaction??

All I know is that since this was written (was it early 1900's?) we have not really learned any lessons. Nope....it seems to me that we're still destroying lives with mercury.

Mercury was the best treatment for syphillis....so people traded their infection for mercury poisoning. I dunno......it doesnt sound all that great to me. :huh:

It doesnt sound all that smart to be putting all this mercury into our mouths either!

....and injecting it into babies, elderly people (and everyone in between)....OMG...are we really STILL that DUMB?? :blink:

Makes me wonder what BRILLIANT ideas for mercury we'll come up with in the next century. :unsure:

Rachel, just think of the shipping cost as cheap airfare! It's a trip to France including transportation from the airport to the final destination. :lol: :lol:

LOL...oh yeah. In that case....I guess I'm getting a really good deal. :lol:

Are you gonna do any sight seeing while you're in Germany??

I wish I had a good book to read .....

I thought you were reading this book on bad alternative treatments (alternative meaning the opposite of what it means now....if I understood correctly?? :P )

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I would think so too. I remember asking Anna (my BioSET lady) if people ever have *just* a co-infection?? I think she said it was possible (anything is possible) but highly unlikely.

Same with someone *just* having Lyme...with no co-infections......highly unlikely.

I would be curious about what Dr. H. (IgeneX) or other Lyme literate's would say about this?

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Lyme is a superbug. Syphilis is the dumb cousin.

That sounded funny to me. :P

But this....

132 lipoprotein genes in Borrelia vs. 22 in syphilis. Perhaps the most complex bacteria known.

Not so funny. :ph34r:

mftnchn Explorer

Carla, not sure if this might be an idea? I take this and it has been quite helpful.

nora-n Rookie

In finland, th are now fearing deadly tick co-infections coming from Russia. These are coming closer and closer to Europe now.

I read on another forum that ticks often have parasites, and microfilaria is common. Can be treated with de-worming medicines. The antibiotic treatments for lyme then afterwards take better.

I possted earlier about the spike mat which sounds promising as it increases endorphins and helps for backache and all aches, and in today's local paper I find another interesting thing for backs, produced locally, back app Open Original Shared Link and a local farmer that I have actually met is very happy with it. He broke his back two years ago and is up and running but chairs hurt and this one is working fine.

nora

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Everyone,

I miss you guys so much! I wanted to post a quick drive-by. My computer is acting up, so catching up may not happen. I may have to jump in right here. If it is not one thing, it is another with this goofy machine!

Internet Explorer sometimes refuses to respond. I cannot always check all of my messages due to it.

Then there is the miscommunication between the printer and computer itself. Even if I did have all of the inks, the USB port is not being recognized. It says it cannot find it. The printer is sitting right next to it, and it cannot find it.

As if that is not enough, my monitor may be trying to go out! Some stupid three-color block telling to press certain keys to check functions appears. Getting anything done is nearly impossible some days! This proves my theory that all computers are male. They never do what you tell them to, and when they actually get around to it, they screw it up!

At least when the hurricane came here last week, we had power for once. Unfortunately, my aunts and brother were not as lucky. Aunt Chris just got power back yesterday, despite having to go to work all week. Aunt Nancy had a terrible week due to on her and my uncle's anniversary on the 15th, they had to have their horse Dutchess put down. She was in pain and her hooves had not been properly cared for by the previous owners, and it progressed to the point there was nothing else that could have been done.

Roy followed Dutchess around, and began losing the will to live. We all were so worried! He is coming out of it now. Aunt Nancy has been playing the radio for him, and spending time with him. All of us are praying he will recover from the loss soon.

My health is about the same, and there is no change in our terrible financial state. Mom and Dad still have not cleaned the crock pot, and it has been moldy for weeks. They had it for as long as they have been married, and it still works well. However, now they are going to throw it out because they were too lazy to clean it. Naturally, I am being blamed for not cleaning it. I told them, I did not eat any of the roast and I was not cleaning it. I put my foot down this time.

Besides, with the Candida, I will only become more ill being exposed to it. Speaking of Candida, I made an interesting discovery. I had been feeling rough when I began eating some cheese from Wal-Mart.

I figured it was aggravating the yeast. On the label, the ingredients list natomycin as an anti-molding agent.

I began wondering if perhaps this was an anti-fungal and my eating the cheese was possibly causing a die-off reaction. It turns out, this is very likely. This anti-fungal is the drug Amphotericin-B! I remember Dr. Crook talking about how it was so difficult to obtain in the 80s that people had to go to Europe or Japan to get some. The drug was not legal in the U.S. until later. I think that he discussed that in the story about Charlie Swaart, also known as "The Drinkless Drunk".

Sincerely,

Jin

aprilh Apprentice
Typically doxy is not used with small children, but it looks like for ehrlichiosis it might be ..... even the CDC says doxy is used for children.

So, it's been a few weeks since the tick bite hasn't it? Honestly, from an ehrlichiosis standpoint, I think I'd just leave well enough alone. I would think you would have seen something by now. But I may be wrong, that's my hunch.

It has been about 2 months since the tick bite. I don't want to be over thinking it, but at the same time, some of you are very sick now due to tick bites from long ago and/or tick bites you never even knew you had. All I wanted was that stupid duck to give me 10 days of abx right after the tick bite. Is that too much too ask? :huh: Especially since he threw abx at my son about every month when he was sick the first 2 years of his life. :o

:)

Look at page 14....specific meds used for Ehrlichia treatment....(meds for other infections are also listed).

Is it typical for a tick to carry a single co-infection with no Borrelia?? :unsure:

I didnt think that was very common??

Anyone know this?

This is what I don't know....thanks for the link. I am going to read it today.

aprilh Apprentice
Hello everyone, I was finally feeling better yesterday so i decided to paint my closet and clean it all out. Then i decided to clean the bathroom in the bedroom, and guess what i found. Yes more mold. So i am back to being sick from hell.

paula

Paula,

Is it in the tub/shower or is it growing in conspicuious places? is that a word? ha ha!

Erlich. is supposed to be easier to treat April. But--I have to tell you that I tested positive in 2000 and have been treating all this time, and was still positive by ART last winter when she said it was clogging up my lymph system. Treatment has helped with the bug showing up and with my symptoms. So from that I think that I still have not yet beat this.

One idea, would an LLMD from far away consult with you ND for treatment?

I was on poke root for the Erlichia most recently.

Sherry

I'll check into the Poke Root. we have plenty of that growing around here. :lol: It might be possible to do a phone consult with an LLMD?? I could do bioset to see if its even an issue.

I would think so too. I remember asking Anna (my BioSET lady) if people ever have *just* a co-infection?? I think she said it was possible (anything is possible) but highly unlikely.

Same with someone *just* having Lyme...with no co-infections......highly unlikely.

I would be curious about what Dr. H. (IgeneX) or other Lyme literate's would say about this?

I would be very curious too!

confused Community Regular

April,

It was in the vent. It had been the boys bathroom for a couple of years cause we had our bedroom downstairs. My oldest was resposible to clean it once an week. Well he would only clean the spots he could see. So wheni took the vent covers off it was all green and full of mold. I was so pissed. Hubby came running with tea tree oil and took the vent out of the house. But of course it was too late for me and I got sick.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Maybe when the detox passes you will be hungrier again and can increase your amounts. If you think you are eating the same amounts of things this is really curious although I suppose it is inflammation related.

What about adding a couple more snacks to your day for now?

Do you think part of the detox might be an upset of your intestine with decreased ability to digest and absorb?

Sherry

I think I am eating a little less, but not enough to have caused 5 pounds of weight to be lost. I am eliminating more.

I think I'm digesting just fine.

Today I'm feeling a little better. I'm somewhat more functional. My air hunger is flaring though.

Ummmm.....is this why my gold earings turn my lobes black sometimes?? :unsure:

Are you gonna do any sight seeing while you're in Germany??

I thought you were reading this book on bad alternative treatments (alternative meaning the opposite of what it means now....if I understood correctly?? :P )

I used to get that. Haven't had black fingers for years now.

I hope to do a little sight seeing. I want to see that famous castle in the Black Forest, it's only about an hour and a half from where we'll be. I also hope to go to Seville to see Morgan. It all depends on how I feel.

Well, the book was on the computer ..... and I was only skimming the parts that interested me.

I also found it fascinating how much of it could have been written today (though much of it would be taken as racist today).

Carla, not sure if this might be an idea? I take this and it has been quite helpful.

So, they say what it's NOT made from .... what IS it made from? :blink:

Thanks. I'm not going to change anything right now .... I'll just stick with the whey protein powder. It's three weeks from today till I leave. :)

I was a half pound heavier today .... I ate a "bad" pizza from a pizza place last night .... I always get bloated and gain a little after that! :lol:

It has been about 2 months since the tick bite. I don't want to be over thinking it, but at the same time, some of you are very sick now due to tick bites from long ago and/or tick bites you never even knew you had. All I wanted was that stupid duck to give me 10 days of abx right after the tick bite. Is that too much too ask? :huh: Especially since he threw abx at my son about every month when he was sick the first 2 years of his life. :o

:)

What I'm thinking is, even if he took abx now, the chances are good that you'd never get ALL the bacteria. So, why bother if he's doing fine. The goal of Lyme treatment is to become symptom-free. If he's already symptom-free, I don't see the point in treating. Yeah, if it were right after the bite, definitely treat, but I don't see the point now.

I remember becoming very, very ill when I was 10. It was right before school started, so it was an odd time to be so sick and no one else caught the "bug." I'm thinking that might be when I contracted Lyme.

AndreaB Contributor

Only 3 weeks Carla! That's so soon! :D I'll be looking forward to hearing all about it. I hope you'll feel well enough to visit Morgan. :)

aprilh Apprentice
April,

It was in the vent. It had been the boys bathroom for a couple of years cause we had our bedroom downstairs. My oldest was resposible to clean it once an week. Well he would only clean the spots he could see. So wheni took the vent covers off it was all green and full of mold. I was so pissed. Hubby came running with tea tree oil and took the vent out of the house. But of course it was too late for me and I got sick.

Have you ever had the vents cleaned? we had ours done after we moved in and had done a lot of work to the house. Plus we found lots of yuck in the vents. They guys said they sprayed something in there to "nuetralize" any mold - but not sure how accurate that is.

What I'm thinking is, even if he took abx now, the chances are good that you'd never get ALL the bacteria. So, why bother if he's doing fine. The goal of Lyme treatment is to become symptom-free. If he's already symptom-free, I don't see the point in treating. Yeah, if it were right after the bite, definitely treat, but I don't see the point now.

I remember becoming very, very ill when I was 10. It was right before school started, so it was an odd time to be so sick and no one else caught the "bug." I'm thinking that might be when I contracted Lyme.

You might be right. She is exhibiting no symptoms what so ever. And at least if she ever does, I'll have the tick test results to go off of.

Archived