This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

mftnchn Explorer
I'm glad my PA appt was delayed so I could have a good feel for how I feel today before I talk to her. I didn't start back on herbs/meds till I hear what she has to say. I'm hoping for a cholestyramine/actos detox as Dr. Shoemaker recommends in his videos.

I'll update you all later.

Glad you are a lot better, hope you can get the meds you need with the area hit so badly.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mftnchn Explorer
Hi everyone!

I had a question. My stepdad had lyme disease about 20 years ago. He found it quick and was treated with abx. Hadn't had much problem since. Now he has atrophy in the frontal lobe indicating alzheimers. He's 81 now. He doesn't have any other symptoms to indicate that lyme could be causing any nuero symptoms.

Do you guys think that should be checked? He does have lots of fillings and dental work. I KNOW they probably won't do anything about that though. Just wondering which direction I should send my mom in. He's really healthy except for the neuro stuff and some cholestorel problems.

I'd agree with Carla. It could be that he didn't have a long enough abx treatment and as he is aging his immune system can no longer keep it at bay.

It could be that treatment might give him a number of great years still.

mftnchn Explorer
Sherry,

That is interesting how much better you feel on the Zith. Are you on a 2 week on/2 week off schedule with that?

Yes, I am alternating Zith and Enula on a two week schedule to try it for 2 months. My LLMD would like me on both but ART says I shouldn't so he wants to try this first.

ShadowSwallow Newbie

Our power went out for about 18hrs yesterday. It's back on now. I have no idea what would happen if it went out for a week! :o We'd probably end up moving into a hotel for a while, since we have a well our water goes out with our power.

Kassandra,

So glad you're making progress!! :lol: 45-55% days are awesome!!!

Carla,

Glad you're feeling better.

Paula,

I hope this detox sticks! Hang in there!

Donna,

Glad the consult went well. Hope the surgery goes well. :wub:

Today I went and toured the college I hope to attend... rather torturous walking through the cafeteria, but I'm hopeful that by next year I'll be eating "normally" again. :) Really puts the pressure on, though! :lol:

Birdy

mftnchn Explorer
I really liked the surgeon. He made me feel much better.

The surgery is going to be major surgery (he called it "top of the line" LOL), but still not the really scarey one unless he gets in there and can't get the tumor out for some reason. They'll definitely have to reroute the pancreatic and bile ducts, and maybe some of my intestine (just to help with digestion if the swelling is too bad at the surgical site). In any case the incision is big, from chest to abdomen. :( He said something about putting the IV in my NECK!!! That scares me more than the surgery, lol.

The scarey version involves taking out a portion of the pancreas and a bunch of other stuff you'd generally not want done, lol, so I hope that isn't necessary.

:o Donna you have/are going through a lot!!! This is scary, but glad you like the surgeon. I find surgeons can be very offhand and not personable at all.

Sherry

CarlaB Enthusiast
There is a lot of research and documentation that supports this. I think that when we are holding back on the emotional things--with denial or whatever like you mentioned Kassandra--we also don't connect that we are in this category. We can block out whole incidents or block out the significance of them or whatever. Then not connect that we need to deal with it.

This is my experience. Very interesting the other stuff you wrote. :)

Our power went out for about 18hrs yesterday. It's back on now. I have no idea what would happen if it went out for a week! :o We'd probably end up moving into a hotel for a while, since we have a well our water goes out with our power.

Yeah, where we used to live we had a well. When the power would go out, we'd go get buckets of water from the pond to flush the toilet with. We'd have to buy bottled water to drink. We bathed in the pond (very, very clean, clear water). We were without power for several days at a time quite often because we were the second to the last on the line coming from the power company.

Glad yours is back on. :) Ours never went out, but much of the city is without power still.

mftnchn Explorer
I'm feeling much, much better today .... not back to where I was yet, but I'm on the upswing. But my rash on my forehead and chin is bad. One of the "blisters" is really bugging me.

I find this curious because after my mold shot reaction I have had a rash area on my hairline, and more facial breakout. The rash is very unusual for me and it is sort of like what you describe.

Sherry

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

aprilh Apprentice

Off Topic:

Please everyone, go online or write or call your senator and ask them to vote YES for the Protect Our Children Act #1738 2008. The bill will be voted on 9-26-08. If approved, this bill will fund law enforcement agencies around the US to catch child predators who are using the internet as a means to show and view child rape and molestation.

Right now we don't have enough law enforcement officers working on the thousands and thousands of cases that come along everyday!

We need this bill to pass!

Here is more information if you wish to look into further. And more information about how to find and write your senator.

Open Original Shared Link

confused Community Regular

Hello everyone, just popping in for a few. I have been up most of the night. Our neighbors came over at a little over 11 to tell us that there was a major water break. There was so much water everywhere. We had to move cars and then like 10 of us stood outside til about 2 am. The cops here are jokes, they were the first ones here and they just stood there and looked at all the water. Then the city came and they were so happy to be out there lol. Then we had to call excel to find the gas line. The road around the hole has pretty much caved in. The water that was gushing out was the worst smelling and looking water i have ever seen. No matter I am so sick.

I did make it to my sons first football game yesterday, i was so proud of myself. I am not sure how I am feeling today cause I am so tired.

paula

ill respond to other post when i can think straight im so behind on everything

dlp252 Apprentice

I am totally freaking out about the IV in the neck, lol. I can't get past that! :lol:

:o Donna you have/are going through a lot!!! This is scary, but glad you like the surgeon. I find surgeons can be very offhand and not personable at all.

I've been so lucky with all my surgeons, lol. The doctors in this medical group have all been very personable.

AndreaB Contributor

Paula,

Hope you are/were able to get some rest. :o on the water!

AndreaB Contributor
I am totally freaking out about the IV in the neck, lol. I can't get past that! :lol:

I don't blame you one bit. There's got to be a better area to put an IV......like your hand? I don't understand why it has to be in the neck. Talk about a pain in the neck! :lol:

dlp252 Apprentice
I don't blame you one bit. There's got to be a better area to put an IV......like your hand? I don't understand why it has to be in the neck. Talk about a pain in the neck! :lol:

I didn't catch the why of it all, lol, but I did a search today, and from what I've been reading, it's probably because there'll already be one in my hand, lol. :o

AndreaB Contributor
I didn't catch the why of it all, lol, but I did a search today, and from what I've been reading, it's probably because there'll already be one in my hand, lol. :o

:o:huh::o:ph34r::blink:

nora-n Rookie

I am looking at the photos of the devastations after Ike, they posted some links in the hurricane Ike thread at the delphi celiac forum.

Several people post from Huston and around Huston, and they have family and houses in Galveston and Bolivar. They say reporters are not allowed to Bolivar , or take photos because there are too many bodies around , like in trees and everywhere. hundreds of bodies. Plus those in the debris on the ground.

One posted her uncle's house in Galveston is not flooded.

I gather millions are without power not just in texas, but nothing in the news here like after katrina, when BBC Prime and CNN were showing the damage for days, and our channels too. They just talk about the AIG and the other financial bank problems every hour.

nora

CarlaB Enthusiast

Nora, that is NOT TRUE! It's pure hearsay. The gov released sattelite pics so clear that I could find the slab of where my Mom's beach house used to be on Crystal Beach. The news reporters flew over and took videos. No one can get to the island because there is no way to get there ..... the ferry is closed. The bridge to Galveston is out.

Here are plenty of detailed pictures, all taken by air. Open Original Shared Link

Also this. Open Original Shared Link

You can read about power restoration here: www.centerpointenergy.com There are still 66% without power as of this morning. Heck, there are a half million here this morning, in Ohio, still without power. Adam's office still has none.

nora-n Rookie

I read they could also make out the missing houses on google earth. Have not tried it. There is said to be a tiger loose too.

About the bodies and reporters not being allowed to publish pictures of bodies, it is in the second half of the Ike thread. There was a lot of pressure to get permission to even let the media fly over the areas and take pictures and videos according to postings in this thread too. Go over there to check if you want. It is in the kitchen table off topic folder.

nora

CarlaB Enthusiast

There is a man with a lion locked up in a Baptist Church. They are not going to try to make him leave as the emergency people understand who's the highest on the food chain! The man collects exotic animals.

I don't know what website you are talking about, sorry. I do know that the only way my family is getting news is from people texting them so I'm sure there are a lot of rumors going around.

I know there is always media coverup with this kind of thing. Obviously there are thousands of people they haven't accounted for .... 140,000 stayed .... they have found 2 or 3 thousand?

dlp252 Apprentice
Here are plenty of detailed pictures, all taken by air. Open Original Shared Link

Wow, those pictures are amazing. I wish I knew my online friend's address. I had it at one time, and she sent me a package once, but I can't find it here at work.

AndreaB Contributor

I just checked this link at this time. Boy, that's a lot of damage! Is this worse than Katrina was as far as damage? Looks like it.

CarlaB Enthusiast

I don't know that it's necessarily as bad as Katrina, though it might be. Crystal Beach was a vacation community where all the houses were on stilts. Then again, it's amazing that the roadways were as washed out as they were. I can't believe people stayed on these beaches. I've been there.

What really amazes me is the high rise downtown with nearly all the windows on one side blown out!!!

I don't know if it's as bad as Katrina, I guess we'll find out. It seems that Katrina's biggest issue was the levy?

tabasco32 Apprentice

Hey Andrea

Happy belated birthday!!! ^_^ I am as well going to the Old Spaghetti Factory next Tuesday with about 30 women from church, so not looking bored and dumb because I can't eat much, what did you have and what seems to be the safest thing on the menu to get??

AndreaB Contributor
Hey Andrea

Happy belated birthday!!! ^_^ I am as well going to the Old Spaghetti Factory next Tuesday with about 30 women from church, so not looking bored and dumb because I can't eat much, what did you have and what seems to be the safest thing on the menu to get??

I don't know what all you can handle with food. We always get the gluten free pasta, which is corn. Then we either get the marinara (with or without mushrooms) or the Mizithra cheese. We usually get salad with pesto dressing as that is gluten free as well.

tabasco32 Apprentice
This is my experience. Very interesting the other stuff you wrote. :)

My experience as well on the emotional blockage. Dr. M. said that I was dealing with emotional trauma and blockage. So I went to a psychiatrist or couselor and we uncovered a whole bunch of stuff under the roughage.

Things I never really knew about. I don't go anymore, but I should. She thinks I was, you know, the M word when I was a child. :( I still see little clips of my past as a little girl but something really blocks out a lot. I feel like if I can get through this all this stuff in me will just leave.

AndreaB Contributor

Lisa,

I'm sorry to hear you had to go through that as a child. :(

Archived