This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

mftnchn Explorer

I am still having bloating. Its a little like after I went gluten-free, where I notice the bloating pressure more, like feeling more as if I need to go to the BR but can't. For about 10days after gluten-free this was really awful.

Now I am more aware again though not such discomfort. I *think* it is related to the gut healing process for me as I have had a very inactive bowel is my sense. Its like it is waking up or something.

I've actually wondered if this means I need to stay on the SCD intro plus basics longer rather than I have.

Sherry

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AndreaB Contributor

Rachel,

I'm thinking T's problems, to some extent anyway, are related to metals, possible thyroid and foods. How do I determine the best diet for her to try and pinpoint these. I haven't a clue as to which foods are high in amines or salicylates. I think M might benefit from something like this as well. Both of them love grains.

Birdy,

You got a real low score on that color test. The carpet and paneling don't sound so good. Hope you will be able to get the carpet replaced while you can still air out the room frequently.

Sherry,

I don't have any ideas or wisdom for you. Maybe you could try going back a little in the diet and see if that helps with the bloating.

confusedks Enthusiast

Just popping in to say hi!!

I've still been making progress...yay!! :):P

Most really bad days now are because of emotional stuff. Since I realize that now, I am trying to make those days better by taking certain actions that make me feel better. Those who got my email know a little bit of what I've been struggling with, and it has been an amazing journey. It's like every day so much happens. So much emotional catharsis...it's so healing.

I'd say on an average day I'm at 45-55% which is so AMAZING!!!! I truly thought that I'd never say that, but it's happening!!!! Wohoooooo! If everyone on this thread could see this Dr B I'm seeing, it would be miraculous! She has a real gift...I'm amazed.

I have been talking to her about some of the emotional aspect of illness, and she can actually do NAET treatments on certain traumas or emotions that I have a hard time with! We are starting with guilt...that should be fun! :lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast

Kassandra, I'm glad you're making such progress!!!!

Open Original Shared Link

Very interesting article--Carla I think this was a link you posted.

Wasn't me. :)

Carla, sorry about your parent's beach house, it looks lovely. Hope they can recoup enough on this loss.

Thanks. The County just ordered everyone to leave. They closed the whole island. 90% destroyed. No infrastructure. All flooded. My family is still without power there.

HERE in Ohio, school is cancelled! I never thought we'd have school closings due to a hurricane! 90% are without power. We got lucky. ;) Our power is on.

I think I'm finally feeling a bit better today. I'll see in a little while when I try to move around a bit. I'm sitting up and not leaning my head on something, so that's a big change.

mftnchn Explorer

I sure hope you are better today!

Kassandra, ditto from me!

confusedks Enthusiast

OMG, my Blackberry crashed!!!!! I don't even know what to do with myself. I called Tmobile and they said that I will have lost all of my information!! :(:angry: That phone has my life in it!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!

CarlaB Enthusiast
OMG, my Blackberry crashed!!!!! I don't even know what to do with myself. I called Tmobile and they said that I will have lost all of my information!! :(:angry: That phone has my life in it!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!

Ugh! Was it backed up on your computer? My iphone syncs with my computer ....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AndreaB Contributor
We are starting with guilt...that should be fun! :lol:

I think most people have some form of guilt in their lives that could benefit from this. I know my hubby and I do, so maybe I'm just thinking it's a common thing, but just at different levels for everyone. I'm so glad these treatments are helping you and excited to hear that you are doing so much better.

Carla,

I'm glad you still have power. Do they expect it to be out long for the rest of the area?

Sherry,

That is interesting how much better you feel on the Zith. Are you on a 2 week on/2 week off schedule with that?

CarlaB Enthusiast

Andrea, they said days, maybe a week before power is restored here. Check out this, I can't believe it's this bad. Fewer than half the Krogers are open today! (Good thing I had my scripts refilled yesterday!)

I am feeling somewhat better today. I've been sitting up, that's an improvement. Yesterday I was lying down or propped on pillows all day.

They released sattelite images of crystal beach. I studied it and found where my parent's house used to be. It's totally gone, just a cement slab.

AndreaB Contributor

We'd never survive without power for a week. No fireplace to help keep warm. We do have a cook stove though so that would be better than nothing.

That's awful about the vacation home. :(

dlp252 Apprentice

Carla, where do you find the satellite pictures? I have an uncle in Houston and an online friend in Galveston who, the last time she posted, wasn't planning to evacuate.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Carla, where do you find the satellite pictures? I have an uncle in Houston and an online friend in Galveston who, the last time she posted, wasn't planning to evacuate.

It's just Galveston and the other coastal areas. I think your uncle in Houston is most likely fine. People were told by the mayor to not go back to Galveston. The best way to get a hold of someone down there is by text.

I'm doing a lot better today. I feel achey and tired, like I'm just getting over the flu. I think the worst has passed, though my monthly herx is due any day now .... which may explain why my air hunger has increased today, it always increases right before my herx. I'm still only taking chlorella, zeolite and magnesium. I've been taking epsom salt baths ..... I'm getting ready to take one now (we're supposed to conserve water and they had to dump more chlorine in our water, but we have a whole house purifier). I'm still only eating when I remember to. I never feel hungry .... I'm going by "it's time to eat."

dlp252 Apprentice

Thanks Carla...glad you are feeling a bit better!

Yeah, I think my uncle and family are probably okay. I don't think they live in a low laying area, so it's just wind (and objects driven by it) damage. I am really worried about the online Galveston friend though.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Thanks Carla...glad you are feeling a bit better!

Yeah, I think my uncle and family are probably okay. I don't think they live in a low laying area, so it's just wind (and objects driven by it) damage. I am really worried about the online Galveston friend though.

I would be worried, too. Sounds really bad down there. I don't think she'll have computer access anytime soon, so it may be a while before you hear from her. I'm still the only news source for my family down there.

My kids asked if the damage in Houston was as bad as the damage here, LOL. I told them it's no comparison ... the winds were twice as strong when they went through Houston! The kids have been helping the neighbors with clean up.

My phone consult with my doctor was moved to this evening, I'll post about it later. I should have written down the time, LOL, I can't remember!

dlp252 Apprentice

I have a consult with a surgeon...leaving in about 12 minutes. <_<

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Just popping in to say hi!!

I've still been making progress...yay!! :):P

Most really bad days now are because of emotional stuff. Since I realize that now, I am trying to make those days better by taking certain actions that make me feel better. Those who got my email know a little bit of what I've been struggling with, and it has been an amazing journey. It's like every day so much happens. So much emotional catharsis...it's so healing.

I'd say on an average day I'm at 45-55% which is so AMAZING!!!! I truly thought that I'd never say that, but it's happening!!!! Wohoooooo! If everyone on this thread could see this Dr B I'm seeing, it would be miraculous! She has a real gift...I'm amazed.

I have been talking to her about some of the emotional aspect of illness, and she can actually do NAET treatments on certain traumas or emotions that I have a hard time with! We are starting with guilt...that should be fun! :lol:

Yay Kassandra!!

I'm loving these recent updates!! Its exciting to see you making so much progress. :D

Its pretty amazing how much the emotional issues affect our health.

I was tested for that part of it a couple different times but it didnt appear to be an issue for me. My BioSET lady and my LED doctor both muscle tested me for emotional stuff to see if it might be playing a role.

It does make sense to me though that these are negative (toxic) and if we hold onto them we can actually impair our ability to detox, weaken our bodies physically and end up more vulnerable to additional toxicity, infection, etc.

The first time I really heard of it was when I was listening to Dr. K talk about a woman in his office who became mercury toxic after dental work and was really bad off as a result. He had already been doing chelation for many years so he tried every way he knew to get her to excrete the mercury.....but it wouldnt come out AT ALL.

After having no luck with the DMPS injections or any other method of chelation he had her on the table and was testing her. He started asking her questions and in the process some traumatic event that she had "buried" came to the surface. She cried and all of the memories came flooding to the surface and she let go of it.

Immediately after that he gave her another injection of DMPS and her urine was tested again for mercury. This time she excreted the highest level of mercury ever recorded in a urine test at that time.

Thats when Dr. K. first made a connection between the emotional traumas/unresolved conflicts and toxicity.

Now its pretty routine for these kinds of doctors to look at that aspect of it...and for ALOT of people its a major chunk of the whole picture and they cannot detox as long as they are holding onto these toxic emotional burdens.

I think its cool that she can do NAET treatments on the stuff you're having a hard time with....thats pretty interesting. I look forward to hearing more about it. :)

Hey....does Dr. B. know how to open up blocked pathways? If my Dr. P. doesnt come through I'll be needing some help.....so maybe I'll see your Dr. B. :P

Rachel--24 Collaborator

psssssst.....its Andrea's birthday today. :P

Happy Birthday Andrea!! :D

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Good luck Donna!! I hope it goes well! :)

confused Community Regular

Ok i have come on here 20 times today to talk and i keep forgetting to talk after i read post.

Detoxing mold sucks, is all i can say. My head feels like it is going to explode and my body aches.

paula

CarlaB Enthusiast

Paula, if it makes you feel any better, I'm doing a lot better today.

I still taste metal. I didn't smell too bad until I took an epsom salt bath, then I turned around and showered ... so much for conserving water because of the power outage! I feel like I had the flu yesterday, if that makes sense.

I'm glad my PA appt was delayed so I could have a good feel for how I feel today before I talk to her. I didn't start back on herbs/meds till I hear what she has to say. I'm hoping for a cholestyramine/actos detox as Dr. Shoemaker recommends in his videos.

I'll update you all later.

AndreaB Contributor

Well, that answers my question doesn't it? :P Hope all goes smoothly and that you feel comfortable with this doctor.

Ok i have come on here 20 times today to talk and i keep forgetting to talk after i read post.

Detoxing mold sucks, is all i can say. My head feels like it is going to explode and my body aches.

Is this your 1st day? Hang in there. You and Carla can comisserate together.

aprilh Apprentice

Hi everyone!

I had a question. My stepdad had lyme disease about 20 years ago. He found it quick and was treated with abx. Hadn't had much problem since. Now he has atrophy in the frontal lobe indicating alzheimers. He's 81 now. He doesn't have any other symptoms to indicate that lyme could be causing any nuero symptoms.

Do you guys think that should be checked? He does have lots of fillings and dental work. I KNOW they probably won't do anything about that though. Just wondering which direction I should send my mom in. He's really healthy except for the neuro stuff and some cholestorel problems.

Kassandra,

So glad you are moving along and healing.

Paula,

How are you detoxing the mold? What are you doing/taking?

dlp252 Apprentice

Andrea, I sent you an email.

I really liked the surgeon. He made me feel much better.

The surgery is going to be major surgery (he called it "top of the line" LOL), but still not the really scarey one unless he gets in there and can't get the tumor out for some reason. They'll definitely have to reroute the pancreatic and bile ducts, and maybe some of my intestine (just to help with digestion if the swelling is too bad at the surgical site). In any case the incision is big, from chest to abdomen. :( He said something about putting the IV in my NECK!!! That scares me more than the surgery, lol.

The scarey version involves taking out a portion of the pancreas and a bunch of other stuff you'd generally not want done, lol, so I hope that isn't necessary.

I had some blood work and an EKG done today so they have a baseline to compare with after the surgery, and I have to have a CT scan done on the 24th. That'll help him know more about what's going on in there.

He is going to bring my case up before the "Tumor Board"...a bunch of doctor's sit around and talk about people with tumors, lol. They talk about whether surgery is necessary, etc. And, he'll be out of town for a couple of weeks in October, so it definitely won't be scheduled until around the end of October.

So I'll see him again on October 3 to go over all the labs and find out what the Tumor Board said. We'll go forward from that point with preauthorizations and scheduling, etc. assuming the board says okay, lol.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Donna, glad the appt went well. I've been skimming too much lately .... where is this tumor?

Do you guys think that should be checked? He does have lots of fillings and dental work. I KNOW they probably won't do anything about that though. Just wondering which direction I should send my mom in. He's really healthy except for the neuro stuff and some cholestorel problems.

Given my extreme alzheimer's like symptoms and given that ten brains of alzheimer's patients were checked for Lyme and seven of them were found to have the spirochetes, I'd consult with an LLMD. I wouldn't waste time with a regular doctor to do the testing.

UPDATE-

I had my phone consultation. I told her I've been off medication/herbs since last Wed. She wants me to start back on them, especially since my air hunger is pretty bad today.

She prescribed cholestyramine 2 times per day (said 4 times per day would plug me up) and Diflucan. I asked about Actos and she said they've had too many get low blood sugar from that then have to stop treatment for some time, so we'll try the Diflucan first.

She wants me to get the script for the time released Cytomel filled as my T3 is still low. My TSH was GREAT!

I'm feeling much, much better today .... not back to where I was yet, but I'm on the upswing. But my rash on my forehead and chin is bad. One of the "blisters" is really bugging me.

mftnchn Explorer
Its pretty amazing how much the emotional issues affect our health.

I think its cool that she can do NAET treatments on the stuff you're having a hard time with....thats pretty interesting. I look forward to hearing more about it. :)

There is a lot of research and documentation that supports this. I think that when we are holding back on the emotional things--with denial or whatever like you mentioned Kassandra--we also don't connect that we are in this category. We can block out whole incidents or block out the significance of them or whatever. Then not connect that we need to deal with it.

I think there are now a lot of approaches that can help facilitate emotional processing. Some like that EFT we talked about before here, you can do yourself.

Recently my friend introduced me to the concept of "capacity." Its an idea based on brain science. Some people are unable to go look at the painful places/memories because they don't have enough capacity to handle the pain. Fortunately it is one part of the brain that can grow!! This particular approach came to realize that capacity had to do with joy. They connected this with faith and found that experiences of intimate connection with God which bring joy increase capacity. They now begin working with clients who need to do emotional processing by first revisiting an experience like this, then move from that to the painful memory. Anytime it gets too much, they go back to the positive experience which they call a "5-bar." This is proving very very effective.

Sherry

Archived