This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

confused Community Regular
Carla,

I get stinky too when I'm detoxing. Have you done an epsom bath? That or sauna usually helps me.

I sent you a pm with my email.

I'm so glad you are having good results with the NAET. I would love to get your email if you feel like sharing!

Anyone heard from Julie? I don't think she has posted in a long time.

kassandra,

I would like the email to, it hink u have my addy still.

Julie is going fine, I talked to her the other day.

paula

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CarlaB Enthusiast

Hi everyone! I got worse after the last time I posted last night. I took another shower before bed, LOL!

By the time I went to be I felt like I was going to cry like I used to before herxes. I felt very emotional. I also felt overwhelmingly fatigued. I had horrible air hunger .... I constantly felt like I couldn't get enough air .... I stayed calm though and didn't hyperventilate. :) I was achey.

So, I emailed our friend G and she said it sounded like the mold was losing it's living quarters and that I'd detox all kinds of stuff. I get the idea that it's a domino effect .... I lose the mold, so the metals, fungi, bacteria and viruses no longer have one of their places to hide.

I took some chlorella, magnesium, and zeolite. She mentioned some other stuff, too, that I'll take today. I think I'm already feeling a bit better than yesterday, but certainly not the 100% that I felt for the first couple days after getting rid of the bed.

This morning I feel shaky, like I've had to much to drink the night before. I feel like my skin is sensitive like when you have the flu. I had diarrhea and now I feel nauseous. I don't have that overwhelming fatigue at the moment. I don't seem to stink, LOL!

Here's an article I found on detox reactions ..... it's referring to when you take herbs to make your body detox .... it says to slow down when you feel like I did ... in my case does that mean I go out to the garage and sleep on the moldy bed? :lol:

Open Original Shared Link

A cleansing, purifying process is underway, and stored wastes are in a free-flowing state. Sometimes discomfort during the healing crisis is of greater intensity than when you were developing the chronic disease. This may explain why there may be a brief flare-up in one's condition. Often the crisis will come after you feel your very best. In fact, most people feel a surge of energy during the first few days of a cleanse. It is at that point that your body dumps toxins into the blood stream for elimination. Thus the healing crisis. Do not be upset. It means your body is eliminating the toxins. Go as slowly as your body needs to so that your elimination is gradual and comfortable.

No, i dont think you need to go back and lay on the moldy bed lol Have you cleaned the area the bed was at yet?

I had to laugh the other day when i askd you about the hepa filter in a vacuum. I looked at my vaccum and guess what it was an hepa filter one lol. I only use the vaccum to vaccuum one area rug in the house so i never paind attention lol.

It seems you are really going in the right direction if you feel that bad. I would eat some blueberries. That is what i do when im detoxing the mold. Im thinking i need to go full force like you are and get it all out once and for all, but im scared.

paula

who has not slept all night and now kids are getting up, ughhh

CarlaB Enthusiast

Sorry about the insomnia Paula. I woke up before 6 AM and thought, what's up with THAT? Then I realized, it was 7 hours sleep. Before I got ill, 7 hours was how long I slept if I wasn't distubed. :) I know my PA would say 8, but I'm waking up on my own and not feeling like I need to go back to sleep ... going to be earlier, means getting up earlier!

So, my days just got three hours longer. LOL.

My kids helped me do a thorough cleaning of my room last weekend. We aired it out (it has 9 windows), we vacuumed with the HEPA, we used the smaller vacuum where the big one couldn't reach, we dusted .... we washed everything .... I think if there were mold still here that I wouldn't be having the detox reaction. :)

Thanks for the suggestion on the blueberries. Maybe I'll put berries in my smoothie instead of my normal mango and pineapple.

The no sleeping is not health related but stress related.My parents fly out today for their cruise and im freaking out over here. One reason its 9/11 and the second reason, i always worry about them lol. Plus my 7 yr old has oral surgery today. They also wanted me to get up at 5 am and wake them up and make sure their flight was going to be on time.

I am going to start an complete cleaning of this house today. The hepa vacuum will be my best friend for a few days lol.

I am so jealous of the smoothie. One day I am convinced I will be able to eat one lol

paula

CarlaB Enthusiast

Paula, don't worry about your parents! I hope your son's surgery goes smoothly.

I lost three pounds yesterday!!! I always weigh 131-132 every day ... no matter what I ate the day before. Today I weighed 128! I worked hard to gain this weight (might not make sense to you Californians, ROFL). I did eat less yesterday because I just wasn't that hungry, but that's not too abnormal. I did have a little diarrhea, but I didn't go more times than normal, so it wasn't like having the flu. I'm just shocked by this! Ugh, and I already gave my daughter all my expensive, small jeans!!!

And, I feel intoxicated ... no, more like I'm drugged. I think I'll go take an epsom salt bath. This is horrible. Way different than Lyme symptoms. Good thing Adam's out of town, I wanted to die last night (not suicidal, just didn't want to live because it hurts too bad, you know what I mean?) ... he gets upset and calls it my death wish. It's just like every cell hurts. It has to feel better when this passes, right?

How can one go from feeling nearly 100% to this? Just a venting rhetorical question .....

Rachel, miss mold expert, where are you??

CarlaB Enthusiast

Email sent. Let me know if you didn't get it and you want it.

Birdy, resend me your email, yours didn't go through.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

aprilh Apprentice

Carla maybe just cut back on any herbs or supps that induce cleansing, but keep up with the binders and stuff that help it "release" - if that makes sense. At least until you feel a bit better.

You could have stirred up some mold particles when you cleaned. The blueberries are a good idea. They are supposed to also "bind" with certain toxins. I am not sure what - I had an article somewhere. I'll see if I can find it.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Yeah, that's what I'm doing April. I am stopping all my detox stuff that releases toxins. I'm only taking binders. I am also going to buy some liver support. Our good friend from LN recommended that because nausea can be from toxic overload of the liver.

I think it would be dangerous at this point to release any more toxins. I have a headache, am really foggy like I'm drugged, nausea comes and goes, diarrhea comes and goes .... I'm having heart palpitations and air hunger, that's why I think I should not stir anything else up. I've had worse palps and air hunger, but this is the worst I've had in months. I just got a shower so I can go out in public, LOL. Now I'm off to buy some more chlorella, ran out last night and the liver support G recommended.

AndreaB Contributor
Here's an article I found on detox reactions ..... it's referring to when you take herbs to make your body detox .... it says to slow down when you feel like I did ... in my case does that mean I go out to the garage and sleep on the moldy bed? :lol:

Open Original Shared Link

No, I don't think you should go back to the bed in the garage. Sounds like you've got some good advice. This sounds like a hard detox. I hope the binders, blueberries and liver support help you out.

Do you have help with Adam out of town and M back in school.....I'm assuming M has started school already anyway.

who has not slept all night and now kids are getting up, ughhh

I was up most of the night doing a thorough scan of the computer since a virus came up. Try not to worry about your parents. Hope they have a good time.

Hope the oral surgery is/has gone smoothly and you can relax for a bit.

CarlaB Enthusiast

No, Andrea, both my college students are back to school. Morgan is in Spain!!!!! She's having a great time.

I made it to Whole Foods today, but walked around like I was 100. I'm not feeling any better at all, if anything worse. I'm having heart palps and air hunger. Every cell hurts. I was told this was the worst kind of detox and until today I would have argued with that.

confusedks Enthusiast

I sent out an update, if you didn't get it, PM me with your email address! :)

tabasco32 Apprentice

Man Carla that sucks!! You know when I first moved into my grandmas house I had all those same symptoms? My eyes were swollen, I felt achy like I had a hangover, my neck and head hurt, diarrhea and heart palpitations and nausea.

I also was taking more detox herbs thinking that I needed to get rid of the toxic overload. I felt worse doing that. And I was just taking more burbur. All others were vitamins or binders.

Man it's so bad thier, it's like I can taste the dirt. She lives right by some grapevines so I'm sure the dirt is blowing from thier. I need to get out fast.

Did you leave you place at least 2 hours after you dusted? It takes at least 2 hours for dust to settle.

I wore like 2 masks on my face when I dusted. If I sleep their I have to wear a mask to sleep or I will wake up with a headache and swollen eyes. I have to put cotton in my ears or they will itch and I will lose some hearing. I'm sure that's from dust mites. My tongue is more white in the morning to but I think that's because my dumb uncle sprays on his deordorant.

AndreaB Contributor

Carla,

Sorry this has been so rough. It sounds absolutely miserable to go through. Not for the weak anyway. You're a very strong person. :D I don't know that I'd have the fortitude to go through something like this......not that any of us has a choice if we have to.

I made it to Whole Foods today, but walked around like I was 100. I'm not feeling any better at all, if anything worse. I'm having heart palps and air hunger. Every cell hurts. I was told this was the worst kind of detox and until today I would have argued with that.

Why do you think i have been putting it off. Im afraid to feel the way you are. Im use to feeling mold toxic that i can cope with it on most days, but im afraid of the detoxing and not being able to handle it. But i guess i need to get strong and get this mold out of me.

I was also thinking about the mold with you while i was trying to sleep. Do you think the mold is what caused your fibro?

Kassandra,

I got your update, there is so much i want to say about it but I will have to do it when im less sleep deprived.

paula

CarlaB Enthusiast

Did the edit function disappear for anyone else?

AndreaB Contributor
Did the edit function disappear for anyone else?

I believe you can only edit for a limited amount of time now, then the post is set.

Have any of you heard of chemical imbalance tests? Do you know what they are, what lab runs the tests?

CarlaB Enthusiast

Oh, okay, thanks, Andrea.

Sorry, haven't heard of the test.

well my parents landed to their destination just fine, they wont be on the cruise til late tommorow night. But im not worried about the cruise, just about the flight. My sons oral surgery went great, but he has to have another tooth pulled cause it is dead. He has really bad teeth and i feel so bad for him. He also had to have cavities filled and they did the mercury free, yayy for dentist that care. My stepson is always away for an 2 day tournament and he is fine. So now i think i can sleep tonight lol

Andrea,

Are you looking like for an test for chemicals that have to do with like bi-polar or something.

Were is rachel, i think she abonded us again. Or she went and got an life and forgot about us.

paula

CarlaB Enthusiast
Carla,

Sorry this has been so rough. It sounds absolutely miserable to go through. Not for the weak anyway. You're a very strong person. :D I don't know that I'd have the fortitude to go through something like this......not that any of us has a choice if we have to.

Andrea, sorry, I missed this earlier. Thanks. :) Umm, I would think the same if you told me about it. :D

Sorry you're going through mold issues too Paula and Lisa.

mftnchn Explorer

Carla I didn't get your update...

Sounds pretty bad. Did you back off on Enula and your abx and stuff? Seems like what you are doing is good. A few times I have done a second ecoffee during the bad days and it helps a lot.

Sherry

CarlaB Enthusiast

Sorry, Sherry, I sent it to you.

I stopped everything. I took Malarone this morning, but that was all. I took Magnesium, some liver support, and a bunch of chlorella.

I'm currently on Buhner herbs, no abx. I stopped the herbs.

I was afraid to take anything, heck, I was afraid to stir up things by moving too much! I must have really sounded bad because Adam called a couple hours later and he never does that. I'm doing better now, but as soon as my kids finally get to bed, I'm right behind them, though I may chat for a while before I go to sleep.

I really feel for those of you who have mold exposure .... it's way worse than I thought!

mftnchn Explorer

edited out

AndreaB Contributor
Are you looking like for an test for chemicals that have to do with like bi-polar or something.

It was mentioned by a friends' brother to have T tested for chemical imbalances to see if it's something like that behind her anger and outbursts (like attacking me). We've got a program we can look into but it's run by DSHS and I don't really want to go there right now.

mftnchn Explorer

Sure hope you feel some relief soon, Carla.

Andrea, not sure what the letters stand for. Would it be expensive? I wonder about trying something like SCD or some of the other dietary approaches that work for autism and other neuro symptoms. Seems like it could be a neuro symptom and not just "attitude."

Archived