This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

AndreaB Contributor
He says if I keep losing weight he will lock me up against my will and put a tube in my stomach. I showed him my mercury results test and He said it has nothing to do with what is going on with me that mercury is neurologic. He wants me to do a mercury plasma blood test. NO MORE BLOOD TEST! 10 blood test in one year, last one I fainted because I am so weak. On tuesday I am having a digestion test done. They give you some radioactive solution to drink with food or something to check how your digestion is working. Should this be safe with mercury and candida? He also wants to do an endoscopy to check for celiac? Is this safe with mercury? I haven't even had wheat or gluten for 8 or 9 months. He says I might have a lazy stomach. It empties slow or something because I get bloated on one side of my upper left abdomen after I eat. dont know.

Mercury affects a whole bunch of different things as Rachel has posted. Your GI doctor doesn't know what he is talking about. :angry:

I don't know about the digestion test. I wouldn't think a radioactive solution would do you any good right now and would probable make matters worse. Hopefully Rachel will weigh in on this.

The endoscopy would be pointless if he's just looking for celiac. More than likely your leaky gut is from candida/mercury. Is there any way you can get to Rachel's bioset lady. I don't know how far Fresno is from her though. Or see Scott who does the ART to see if what you are taking is even tolerable for you? I don't have a clue as to where Fresno is though and don't know if you have the finances to pursue that or not.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AndreaB Contributor
someone sent this to me:

Open Original Shared Link

I haven't looked at it yet but I will. Expecting hubby to call any minute (hopefully) to have me bring him his food. It's probable been around 20 hours since he last ate.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I showed him my mercury results test and He said it has nothing to do with what is going on with me that mercury is neurologic.

Sorry but that Dr. is a moron for making that statement. He doesnt know what he's talking about. Mercury affects ALL areas of the body....in fact it primarily affects the brain, the kidneys and the GUT.

There is a TON of research about how mercury causes GI distress, bloating, etc. Also mercury disables enzymes...particularly the one required for digesting gluten and casein. Even without Celiac you can have the same symptoms because of mercury.

Mainstream Dr.'s dont know ANYTHING about mercury poisoning. The traditional tests they run also cant identify it....you've already done the best test avavilable for diagnosing this. Mercury poisoning from amalgams cant be identified in traditional blood or urine tests.

Read this....

Many doctors will order lab tests done to detect heavy metals in your system. However, there are several important points you and your doctor should keep in mind.

Mercury shows up poorly in conventional testing !

Mercury can be tested for through a blood sample, a urine sample, a hair sample, or a combination of the three. But, because mercury is so good at binding with your body's important chemical resources, it is not easily thrown off into the system, or detected in tests.

In some cases, mercury may show up in only minute quantities or not at all, camouflaging the fact that it is indeed at toxic levels in your body.

One way to know for sure is to take a "Challenge" test.

New research is being conducted in the United States with a procedure and chemical known as DMPS. Over 180 doctors and dentists have been trained in the removal of amalgams and the use of DMPS under the direction of Cascade Consultants Research Foundation in Oregon and the Great Lakes College of Medicine in Chicago. DMPS is what is being used to conduct the challenge tests and to treat mercury poisoning.

Without the challenge test, you might not have an accurate picture of the mercury in your system.

You've already had the challenge test....there is no way that the test your GI gives you can outweigh the results of this test. His test will most likely be negative and he will dismiss you as hypochondriach and anorexic.

Heres some of the info. about mercury and how it affects the GI tract....being a GI Dr...this guy would know this if he knew anything about mercury and how it affects the body.

Mercury toxicity is frequently associated with chronic gut wall infection.

The mechanism is as follows. One consumes an acid forming diet (mainly animal products, simple and refined carbs, e.g. bread, pasta, juices, sodas, pastries, etc., also coffee and alcohol, perhaps even "consuming" tobacco).

On top of that one has the stress of an elevated body burden of mercury from dental amalgams or other sources (fish, paint, or industrial exposures) and these two conditions lead to a transitory leaky gut syndrome.

If antibiotics are taken for extended periods, your fate is practically sealed. In leaky gut syndrome the lining of the gut develops microscopic holes. Anaerobic bacteria, candida and fungi then leak into the gut wall and set up a permanent residence in the gut associated lymphoid tissue (GALT) known as Peyer's Patches.

These bacteria produce acid toxins which have a systemic effect on long term health and disable the gut lining so that dysbiosis results. Normally the lining of the gut regulates the intestinal flora to produce eubiosis by placing an antibody called Secretory A on the surface.

Secretory A kills dysbiotic organisms on contact. Thus in the absence of adequate Secretory A the wrong organisms proliferate in the gut and produce chronic persistent bloating, gas and sometimes diarrhea and/or constipation. The systemic symptom produced is fatigue which is not dependent on any specific food intake.

And there the situation remains for the rest of your life, or until it is adequately treated. An infected gut wall does not get well because the very system which should get rid of them is the system in which they have set up shop - the immune system (Peyer's patches in the gut wall). By their close proximity they weaken the immune system and what results would be thought of as a "Mexican standoff."

The treatment is (1) removal of amalgam, (2) DMPS Challenge Test to determine mercury load, (3) oral chelation, etc

It seems to me that you are doing the right things.

Theres lots of articles about where mercury is primarily stored in the body and about what type of damge it causes.

Mercury in thimerosal is stored in the gut, liver and brain, and as previously mentioned, becomes very tightly bound to the cells. Once inside those cells, or inside the blood-brain barrier, the mercury is reconverted back to its inorganic form.

According to international studies mercury is under suspicion as a primary or contributory cause with the following conditions:

Neurologic disease: multiple sclerosis, Parkinsons disease, epilepsy, Alzheimers, ALS og migraine.

Chronic inflammation: rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, sarcoidosis, Sj

dlp252 Apprentice
I've been very, very bad about this this last year. I'm up til 12 or 1 most nights and your supposed to get the best benefits from sleep before then. I listen to messages at night if Mitch gets off the computer in time. Can't do that during the noise of the day. I probably need to try and get myself used to going to bed early and waking up early. Seems like when I tried that before Talitha would get up if she saw a light on out here. Seth is still in my room and he goes through some rough mornings at times. If I'm still in bed I can just tell him to go back to sleep. I'll have to think on this though.....it may be worth another trial run. Of course that would also mean I can't wait up for Mitch when he's late.

Fortunately for me, I DO sleep well between 9:00 and 12:00 midnight! It's after that that I wake up every hour and sometimes just don't get back to sleep. Dr. S said that those are the hours (after 1:00 I believe) that your body does it's detoxing...I thought that was interesting. He put me on some kind of liver detox thing and said a side benefit is that it helps him sleep...Um, not for me. :P Nothing does. Maybe that means I'm just doing some heavy detoxing. :P

I know why though...it was because I ate 3/4 of a bag of my moldy sunflower seeds last night.

I had only planned on eating like 2 or 3....but yeah I cant "Carla" anything.....I racheled it. I think instead of eating only 2 seeds...I ate all but 2.

I knew it would probably mess me up....I even did an enema thinking maybe I could sweep out all the poison.

Ummm....I guess it didnt work.

:o Wish I didn't understand this whole scenario so well! :P

Yeah....that could be very therapuetic!!! After our "retail therapy" when we're feeling nice and relaxed....we can then go SHOPPING!

Oh, PERFECT!!!!! Very, very therapeutic!!! Slapping someone silly and shopping....all in the same day....at the same time. :) Might be better than relocating ants. :lol:

someone sent this to me:

Cool! There was a thread about this on lymenet which I haven't looked at yet...think I'll read it.

Yeah...I think it might be a "Bay Area" thing....everyones always in a rush here.

Major source of stress for me. :lol:

There was farming all over....some intersections didnt have any lights...it was QUIET and PEACEFUL....I could hear the cows mooooing every once in awhile.

OMGOSH!!!! This is so funny. My friend (that I always travel with) lives in Sacramento, and the first time I drove up there (YEARS ago) the directions she gave me was..."at the stop sign with the cows on the corner, turn left"!!!! :lol: :lol: It helped too! I turned left at the corner with the cows and found her place. :lol: Cows are gone there too...big ole shopping complex. :(

jerseyangel Proficient
I really cant stand customers who come into the store and get all demanding like that because they are running late. I would NEVER go into a store acting that way....nobody is sympathetic to people who act that way.

It's because people like this never stop to think about anyone except themselves. <_<

someone sent this to me:

That looks good. I'll look at the whole thing later :)

Its all about lifestyle. If you live somewhere where its calm and quiet.....spend a day in a retail store over here...you would not BELIEVE it. :blink: You would gladly go home at the end of the day. :P

This is true--New Jersey is like this. Everyone is in a hurry all the time. And the drivers are rude :angry:

Expecting hubby to call any minute (hopefully) to have me bring him his food. It's probable been around 20 hours since he last ate.

The poor guy must be starving :(

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Mercury poisoning does not limit itself to only neurological symtpoms.

Scientific Facts about Mercury and Amalgam

Mercury has been studied for many years.

The dental associations claim that it is safe and effective.

To date they have not been able to offer one published

scientific research reference to support their position.

The dangers are well known.

Even the manufacturers list the dangers of mercury from amalgam.

Dental amalgam constitutes the greatest source of mercury for the general population - up to six times more than all other sources combined. - WHO 1991 Criteria 118

Mercury is the component, which makes amalgam a 'toxic waste' anywhere except in a living mouth

The safety margin that it was thought existed in regard to mercury form amalgam has been erased - Swedish Govt Report 2003

The No Observable Effects Level (NOEL) for Mercury is ZERO

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

80% of inhaled mercury vapour is absorbed through the lungs and distributed throughout the body

Mercury from amalgam is absorbed into the body at a rate of 1 - 27 mcg per day

Mercury is the third most toxic substance known to man after lead and arsenic

Mercury constitutes about 50% of amalgam fillings

Mercury is released continuously form set amalgam for the life of the filling

Mercury causes single strand breaks in DNA

Mercury is Mutagenic

Mercury causes a reduction in immune function

Mercury can bind to proteins in the body and begin a chain of autoimmune disease

Mercury from amalgam crosses the placenta and breast milk

Mercury enters the fetus and new born child from the mother's amalgam fillings

Mercury levels in the fetus are directly related to the number of amalgam fillings in the mother's mouth

Mercury from amalgam causes a reduction in Kidney filtration function

Mercury from amalgam can cause kidney disease and other kidney dysfunction

Mercury from amalgam can have a devastating effect on cardiac function

Mercury from amalgam can spread to every cell in the body

Mercury from amalgam concentrates in the Central Nervous System

The brain accumulates about 10 times more mercury after exposure to mercury vapour,

compared to equal amounts of mercuric ions being injected or ingested

Mercury can bypass the blood brain barrier and enter motor neurons

Mercury from amalgam has been directly related to many neurologic disease including

motor neurone disease and glioblastomas

Mercury has been definitively shown to cause neurofibrilar tangles in nerve tissue

which is identical to Alzheimer's disease.

Lead, cadmium and Aluminium did not have this effect.

Mercury is transported along nerve fibres at a rate of about 10mm per day

Mercury is also absorbed into the peripheral nerves

Mercury causes deficits in both cognitive and motor function tasks

Small amounts of Mercury from amalgam can cause changes in the brain that are identical to those

observed in Alzheimer's Disease Patients

Mercury is bound to haemoglobin in the red blood cells and blocks oxygen carrying capacity of the blood

Mercury causes changes in the numbers of white blood cells

Mercury is related to increased blood cholesterol levels

Mercury interferes with female and male reproduction

Mercury can cause infertility, miscarriage and still birth

Mercury in utero causes learning deficits in children

Mercury is converted to Methylmercury in the human body -

this is the form of mercury we are warned about when eating fish

Mercury causes photophobia - bright light sensitivity

Mercury causes Acrodynia - Pink Disease

Mercury toxicity increases substantially when combined with other metals such as lead or Cadmium

Mercury has been associated with a range of respiratory problems including asthma

Mercury poisoning is associated with development of Autism

Mercury damages blood vessel walls

Mercury is strongly related to heart attacks

Mercury from amalgam causes an increase in antibiotic-resistant bacteria in the human gut

Mercury causes a change in the normal bacterial inhabitants in the gut

I highlighted damage that is not neurological

tabasco32 Apprentice

rachel

would spirulina or chorella ok to take now? I need vitamin c but I don't want it to affect my bladder. Would magnesia pills be better than milk of magnesia? What other supplements do you think would be safe right now? Would the whey protein be ok even if I tasted it like for a week after I took it the last time?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Mtndog Collaborator

OMG Rachel- I would have had to kill that guy!!!!!!!!!! I bet a lot of customers standing in line were horrified by his bad beahvior- arse :angry: I DO NOT understand where that sense of entitlement comes from. Retail can be SOOOOOOOOOOOOO frustrating and I think since I've been in it, rudeness has quadruplified (new word?). :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I am having a HEINOUS day too! Don't kno what happened. I don't know if it was related to anything I ate but I started to get really sore yesterday and tired (my friend was here visiting for the night) and when I woke up this a.m. I felt like death warmed over. Freezing cold -it's like 80 degrees here- REALLY nauseous. Very stiff, like painfully stiff and I have what I refer to as Exploding Head Syndrome (EHS) where the pressure in my head makes me feel like my head is just going to pop off. YUCKA DOOKIE. :( If i had allergies, I would think that's what it is, but I don't.

We ate out last night but all I had was shrimp, scallops and rice in a broth. I've eaten at this place before and never had any problems. :(

Just took a nap....had to meditate to fall asleep. Poopy day! :P:ph34r:

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I'm sure I could post all day long about how mercury damages the GI tract, causes candida, leaky gut, etc...

Some mercury is absorbed by the digestive system, some pass out in feces, some are ingested by microbes, some are caught in the low spots, folds, and villi of the intestines, as are abraded amalgam particles. Most of the mercury from a dissolving amalgam travels the GI as one form or another of inorganic mercury ions

GI cell walls can bear a lot of mercury and will need to be cleared more gradually

Symptoms of mercury poisoning in humans

1. Psychological disturbances

Angry fits, short term memory loss, low self esteem, inability to sleep, loss of self-control, sleepiness. Loss of an ability to learn new things, doing things by rote.

2. Oral Cavity problems

Inflammation of the mouth, loss of bone around teeth, ulcerated gums and other areas in the mouth, loose teeth, darkening of gums, taste of metal, bleeding of gums.

3. Digestive tract problems

Cramps, inflamed colon, GI problems, Diarrhea and other digestive problems.

4. Cardiovascular problems

Weak pulse, blood pressure changes, chest pain, or feeling of pressure in the chest area.

5. Respiratory problems

Weakness and problems with breathing, Emphysema, Coughing persistently.

6 Neurological Problems

Headaches, vertigo, tinnitus, shaking in various areas of the body (eye lids, feet etc)

Candida's Fire

With the friendly bacterial soldiers of the GI wiped out by broad spectrum antibiotics, Candida takes off. If the patient continues a high sugar diet, Candida infection spreads even faster. If the person has a gut full of unabsorbed inorganic mercury, amalgam particles bearing mercury, and a steady stream of mercury ions coming down from the mouth, there will soon be fire and flame.

Some people reach the state of Candida's Fire without the spark of antibiotics. They can get there by the decline of the mercury absorbing immune system. The rates of mercury exposure, absorption, and immune ingestion determine the rate of onset. A person can get there quickly by an all immune consuming viral infection.

Mercury poisoning (and/or excessive sugar or substitute sugar consumption) causes Candida overgrowth. In its turn, Candida overgrowth causes leaky-gut syndrome. The tissue of our intestines is approximately the size of a tennis court. Imagine a membrane that large, so full of holes that under a microscope it looks like Swiss cheese.

Merury toxicity symptoms (GI)...

Gastrointestinal complaints such as:

Bloating and excessive gas

Abdominal cramps

Constipation or diarrhea

Irritable bowel syndrome

Colitis

Nausea

Loss of appetite

Voracious appetite and obesity

Excessive thirst

tabasco32 Apprentice

Just to be in the lope, I racheled a whole avacado last night!ugh

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I don't have celiac disease unless leaky gut and mercury can also mimic that!

Yes...because mercury disrupts the ecology of a healthy gut...and the result is enzyme dysfunction, candida, leaky gut, food intolerance, etc. You will get the bloating, nausea, cramps, diarrhea/constipation, etc.

On tuesday I am having a digestion test done. They give you some radioactive solution to drink with food or something to check how your digestion is working. Should this be safe with mercury and candida? He also wants to do an endoscopy to check for celiac? Is this safe with mercury? I haven't even had wheat or gluten for 8 or 9 months. He says I might have a lazy stomach. It empties slow or something because I get bloated on one side of my upper left abdomen after I eat. dont know.

I am definately a big fan of having every test offered to rule out all other possibilites. In your case with having such high mercury levels, obvious leaky gut and candida, many food intolerances, etc...I'm not thinking these tests will be very helpful.

I had all these tests and they didnt identify any specific problems which may be causing all of this nightmare.

I dont know about the radioactive solution...I'm thinking since you're already highly toxic...it cant be a good thing to put into your body. Your digestion is impaired...thats obvious already. Even if they say that you have a "lazy" stomach which is slow to empty....they arent gonna be able to tell you WHY thats happening.

My guess is that he's right...and you ARE digesting very slowly but it would be caused by the toxicity you're dealing with. What is the GI Dr. gonna do about THAT?? :huh:

I would do the endoscopy.....it wont hurt....there is nothing toxic you need to take for this test. If he's ONLY checking for Celiac then forget it...if you havent been eating gluten for 9 months its kind of pointless. If he's checking for OTHER things as well as Celiac....then yeah..I would do it. It cant hurt to have everything looked at.

I had all these tests and yes...the GI saw all kinds of impacted stool (constipation) and said that I was very slow at digesting...that my whole digestive system was very slow. OK....well what does that mean??

Answer: IBS. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

We all know there are *real* reasons behind the symptoms of IBS...but the GI probably wont go any furthur than this.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
rachel

would spirulina or chorella ok to take now? I need vitamin c but I don't want it to affect my bladder. Would magnesia pills be better than milk of magnesia? What other supplements do you think would be safe right now? Would the whey protein be ok even if I tasted it like for a week after I took it the last time?

Lisa....

If you wanna try these things....start with very small amounts and see how well you tolerate...then very gradually increase. Alot of people cant tolerate chlorella...I dont know if you will or not.

Take only like one pill...or even half a pill to start out with. Do that for a few days and then add a little more. Do the same with the whey protein...start out with only a very small amount....not the big scoops you were doing before. Just do it in baby steps.

Dont start them both at the same time....if you have any problems you wont know which one is casuing it. Dont put too much stress on your body at once. Baby steps. ;)

Drink LOTS of water.

Make sure you are not constipated...you need to go at least once a day.

I wouldnt go with the milk of magnesia though.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Just to be in the lope, I racheled a whole avacado last night!ugh

:lol::lol:

Avocados hate me....unfortunately. :(

I LOVE them....but I cant even eat half an avocado. :(

Rachel--24 Collaborator
when I woke up this a.m. I felt like death warmed over. Freezing cold -it's like 80 degrees here- REALLY nauseous. Very stiff, like painfully stiff and I have what I refer to as Exploding Head Syndrome (EHS) where the pressure in my head makes me feel like my head is just going to pop off.

This is exactly how I feel when I get too toxic....either from racheling food...or racheling detox stuff. :ph34r:

The head pressure is the WORST...and yeah....I get freezing cold no matter how hot everyone else is. :(

Rachel--24 Collaborator
OMGOSH!!!! This is so funny. My friend (that I always travel with) lives in Sacramento, and the first time I drove up there (YEARS ago) the directions she gave me was..."at the stop sign with the cows on the corner, turn left"!!!! :lol: :lol: It helped too! I turned left at the corner with the cows and found her place. :lol: Cows are gone there too...big ole shopping complex. :(

:lol::lol:

There are actually still some cows near my house. Around the corner there are some new homes built shortly after mine.....I guess the people with their farm (and hundreds of cows) did not sell their land to the developers.

There are these new homes and then directly across the street hundreds of cows...right there on the corner. The people living there are face to face with cows (and manure) everytime they walk out their front door. :lol::lol:

There is another house with cows right at the end of my block....but this is a big piece of land, big house and the cows are spread out. It doesnt look out of place. The other one totally sticks out with all these cows crammed into one area and then all these new houses surrounding it. :lol:

rinne Apprentice

Rachel, thank you for all the mercury scientificness.

I am thinking I need to get these last fillings done. :(

... That would be hilarious if you put "Official Constipation Consultant of Rachelville" on your signature! :lol: People will be like "WTH?" :blink: That is so funny! Plus, Susie could teach at Rachelville University. She will be a Professor of Scatology! :lol: We will have a sign that says "Our professor knows her crap!" :lol:

:lol:

just a quick goodmorning to all---still reading along.

And sometimes that's a full time job. :P

Laura, I hope you read the good news that Beverly had about her SIL or sister of SIL, dingo me :lol: who had recovered from Lyme and was expecting a baby.

Rinne-

I think we have the same food tastes I am all about the thin crust pizza- my favorite used to be from this brick oven place in Brooklyn- so good.

Sorry you are feeling wretched. :(

I nearly Rachelled a pizza last night :ph34r: well maybe not nearly but I was out and I was hungry and I was feeling wreckless ( :lol::ph34r: a new Rachelville word that means willing to risk anything for food :lol: ) and I felt like going for a burger or ....but I didn't. I came home to find my sweetie, thinking I was going to be gone longer, waiting for his pizza. :lol:

I settled for two corn tortillas with smoked salmon.

Charlie, judging by how the posts are done at Lymenet, I'd say a lot of us have trouble with large paragraphs!

Me too. Hope you are feeling better.

We'll send in Susan and the Dingos! They have the stare down.

No kidding, what a rude customer. :rolleyes:

.....He says if I keep losing weight he will lock me up against my will and put a tube in my stomach. I showed him my mercury results test and He said it has nothing to do with what is going on with me that mercury is neurologic. ....

I would be very concerned if a doctor said that to me, I would be looking for another doctor.

I agree with Rachel.

I think you need to find a doctor who understands the issues you have with mercury and a way to treat you, it doesn't appear that he does.

Part 1

rinne Apprentice

And a two....

I am having a HEINOUS day too! Don't kno what happened. I don't know if it was related to anything I ate but I started to get really sore yesterday and tired (my friend was here visiting for the night) and when I woke up this a.m. I felt like death warmed over. Freezing cold -it's like 80 degrees here- REALLY nauseous. Very stiff, like painfully stiff and I have what I refer to as Exploding Head Syndrome (EHS) where the pressure in my head makes me feel like my head is just going to pop off. YUCKA DOOKIE. :( If i had allergies, I would think that's what it is, but I don't.

We ate out last night but all I had was shrimp, scallops and rice in a broth. I've eaten at this place before and never had any problems. :(

Just took a nap....had to meditate to fall asleep. Poopy day! :P:ph34r:

It sounds like reactions I have had to sulfites. :( I hope you feel better.

Hello to everyone. :)

Mostly I am just reading along, feeling kind of yucky myself, I know I need to get motivated to do more heinous moving chores. :lol:

Rachel--24 Collaborator

HEINOUS!!

I couldnt decide whether or not I wanted to go in to work...just looked at the time and decided I definately dont wanna go now..its too late....too many customers will be invading my space....bombarding me with noxious chemicals. :P

I'm behind with my work because my weekend guy was gone last weekend due to his wife becoming ill. He's been out all week and this upcoming week as well. I'm still trying to catch up from the mess that piled up last weekend, holiday, other people calling in sick, getting stuck in checkstand, and now my own absence.....plus no back-up for my dept. this weekend. :(

Sooo....I decided to go in tomorrow morning....on SATURDAY!! :blink:

Its gonna be heinous for sure. I'm planning on going in very early...just for a few hours...catch up on everything, write the orders and get out before customers start shopping. ;)

Mtndog Collaborator
This is exactly how I feel when I get too toxic....either from racheling food...or racheling detox stuff. :ph34r:

The head pressure is the WORST...and yeah....I get freezing cold no matter how hot everyone else is. :(

I'm thinking maybe it's a little too much racheling of Both. I think we need RA- Racheler's Anonymous. Hi- My name is Bev and I like to rachel peanut butter." "Hi Bev" :P

I also just realized that my hands are totally swollen- don't know if it's water retention (I drank like 8 glasses in a half hour earlier this afternoon), Lyme, probiotic die off or the storms we have coming.

I hope I feel better tomorrow- it's the cookout for my BIL's 40th birthday. It's only down the street but still.

Rinne- Poopy day for you too? seems to be going around!!!!!!!!!!!

But we're about to get WEATAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big thunder boomers in coming!

jerseyangel Proficient
HEINOUS!!

Its gonna be heinous for sure. I'm planning on going in very early...just for a few hours...catch up on everything, write the orders and get out before customers start shopping. ;)

Good idea--you'll get a lot done, then you can rest easy over the weekend :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator

So I'm really worried about my friend/co-worker whos wife got sick. He's a super nice guy...known him a long time. Last year on my b-day he gave me a stuffed animal...which has slept next to me here at my moms house for the past year. :)

On Xmas day his wife had a seizure...taken away by ambulance and was temporaily paralyzed. She got back to normal in a few days....when he told me about it he said it was VERY scary....he thought she was dying, felt helpless, etc. It changed him and he quit his other job to be around his family more...(they have 3 kids).

To me it sounded like it may have been triggered by stress since it was Xmas and they were entertaining alot of family...they both had been working really hard with jobs, kids and holidays. She had alot of tests and they couldnt find a cause.

So last week it happened again...except this time shes not recovering like she did last time. :(

Shes in the hospital...they've done alot of tests and cant find anything. Apparantly shes fighting alot with him (they never fought), she cant remember stuff and shes not totally recovering from the seizure.

Thats about all the details I've heard so far but what do you guys think could cause this?? :unsure:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
It sounds like reactions I have had to sulfites. :( I hope you feel better.

Rinne....you could be right....I get the syptoms from the food additives too...sulfites, MSG, etc. My hands get swollen too.

Shrimp has sulfites...not sure if scallops do too. I'll have to look it up.

Depending on the broth...it may or may not have MSG.

OK....seafood conatining sulfites:

Canned clams;

fresh, frozen, canned or dried shrimp;

frozen lobster; scallops; dried cod.

Bev...maybe you had too many sulfites in your meal??

Mtndog Collaborator
So I'm really worried about my friend/co-worker whos wife got sick. He's a super nice guy...known him a long time. Last year on my b-day he gave me a stuffed animal...which has slept next to me here at my moms house for the past year. :)

On Xmas day his wife had a seizure...taken away by ambulance and was temporaily paralyzed. She got back to normal in a few days....when he told me about it he said it was VERY scary....he thought she was dying, felt helpless, etc. It changed him and he quit his other job to be around his family more...(they have 3 kids).

To me it sounded like it may have been triggered by stress since it was Xmas and they were entertaining alot of family...they both had been working really hard with jobs, kids and holidays. She had alot of tests and they couldnt find a cause.

So last week it happened again...except this time shes not recovering like she did last time. :(

Shes in the hospital...they've done alot of tests and cant find anything. Apparantly shes fighting alot with him (they never fought), she cant remember stuff and shes not totally recovering from the seizure.

Thats about all the details I've heard so far but what do you guys think could cause this?? :unsure:

Oh gosh- that's horrible. I assume they've looked for blood clots, stroke etc. This just happened to my aunt (in her 70's) and hers was a seizure.

Not to be the hammer making everything look like the nail but my aunt is gluten intolerant and non-compliant with the diet. :blink:

What tests have they done? This is kind of my territory of "scientificness" since Kurt had a strtoke last summer. Sometimes it takes awhile to figure out where it's coming from. Kurt had had the stroke for 10 days before they realized that's hat had happened.

tabasco32 Apprentice

oh rachel I forgot to ask you are eggs ok to eat since they are a light chelator. I eat them for breakfast everyday?

Mtndog Collaborator

judy- I see you. :P just sent you a poetry email.

Archived