• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

momandgirls

Going To Nyc

Rate this topic

We've just decided to go to NYC next month - we have relatives there so we go fairly frequently, actually, but this will be the first time since the celiac diagnosis. Reading this board, I've already decided that we need to go to Risotteria. This is my question for those who have been already...do you think they can accommodate a gluten and dairy free meal? I noticed that the pesto has butter and the risotto has cheese and, obviously, the pizza has cheese, too. What about Babycakes bakery? Has anyone been? Is there anyplace else anyone would recommend? Thanks so much...

We went last November for my birthday. The food was great. The owner poses as a waiter and the whole atmospere is NYC. You will have a great time. I don't know about dairy though... I know their food is gluten free, but I not sure about dairy free. The risotta and pizza are loaded with cheeses.

We also had lunch at a small deli-style restaurant in the Upper East Side [near 57st Street]. I think the name was Gary and Pat's - I'm not sure - had a very good chicken fillet on gluten-free bread with fries.

Have fun and enjoy!