Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yenni

How Fast Do You Feel Like Normal Again After Getting Glutened?

It seems to take me a long time to get back to normal some times after getting glutened. I feel tired and muscle weak long after the pain and neasuea has gone away.

Is it just me or does it sometimes feel slow geting back to normal for you guys?

I even feel I can almost get a bit of a fever. :(

Is it just me being weird that way? Worries me.

One Celiac gene and one gluten intolerance gene (HLA-DQ 2,1).

Grain free, casein free, soy/legume free + a bunch of allergies I have had since I was a child (stone fruits, nuts..carrots)

Following the Specific Carbohydrate Diet, but no nuts, legumes or casein.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I feel pretty good the next day, but I'm still tired, unmotivated and cranky for a few days afterward. I love it when I get a long string of days where I don't get glutened because I'm really energetic and motivated.

Sometimes I get a reaction on my hands, which takes about three weeks to heal.

I've heard people here talk about not feeling back to normal for a few weeks.

I think it's just different for everyone.

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it.

~Chinese Proverb

You're definitely not alone, it can take up to two weeks to feel 'normal' again.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the link and replies!

I have had two times now when it just take so long time to get ack on track. Other times it takes a couple of days.

I am wondering if the factr that I haven't been gluten free for that long and I have been really sick for 4 years before I started on this...well that either my body gets a virus at the same time...or my body is slow and tired at cathing up.

I dunno. It freaks me out some.

Oh well. One day at the time.

One Celiac gene and one gluten intolerance gene (HLA-DQ 2,1).

Grain free, casein free, soy/legume free + a bunch of allergies I have had since I was a child (stone fruits, nuts..carrots)

Following the Specific Carbohydrate Diet, but no nuts, legumes or casein.