This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

kareng Grand Master

So I remembered the Coconut Dream stuff? The stuff the Soy Delicious people make out of coconut milk that's made with agave instead of sugar! I get to have that instead of Haagen Dazs! My mother's bringing some over along with refried beans (tasty and squishy and nutritious with cheese) and some frozen spinach for soup. Hopefully I won't starve. It's hard to get up the chutzpah to eat when I have to get past the huge nasty bubble on my lip and the pain in my jaw. I've been making protein shakes and squishy eggs but at some point I will need meat......

So I talked to my work again today and apparently there's at least two people that never had the chickpox. Geez, what kinda parents do these people have? :) :)

Sounds like a good mom! I like that coconut ice cream. If you crumble up some hamburger into teeny tiny pieces, you can bacisally swallow it. (Had a baby who wouldn't eat squishy baby food and had 4 teeth).

My kids never got the pox. They were exposed many times but didn't get it. They got the vaccine. I heard there is one for shingles. Might look into it since you can keep getting them I think.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jerseyangel Proficient

Bun--I was gonna suggest hamburger too, and also you can mince poached (in chicken broth) chicken up very finely too--mix it into mashed potatoes. You poor thing--it sounds wretched :(

Karreighn--there is a shingle vaccine, my dad got it. :)

Drove Matt to the doctor earlier this afternoon--he caught a virus or sumphin from Mark over a week ago and woke up this morning feeling much worse. He went to work, but left by 11:30--his supervisor told him to....Anywho, the family doctor is on vacation, so we went to another one who was on call.

He may have bronchitis and is on antibiotics. I've been fighting whatever this is for a week and a half....hope me luck (and hyper immune system) holds out :unsure::P

Mtndog Collaborator

Oh Bunneigh- OUCH! Shingles is awful. My dad had them 3-4 years ago and they kept him doped on percocet 24/7 cuz he was in so much pain. His were on his back and side. I cannae believe you have one on your lip! Bunny, hunny, eat the ice cream. Lots of protein, easy to swallow. If I was a tad bit closer I would brong it to you meselph! :wub: :wub:

What darling Knikki *hereafter referred to as DK* didn't tell you is that she showed up with a bag of treats!!

You both rock! Geoss- first time I saw your abs. WOW- gorgeous!

We are at the most amazing beach, drove all the way out here to see the sunset, which is about to happen! Maddie was swimming with the sea turtles and eels, had to drag her from the water. Conversation went like this:

Me: Maddie, I can see your nipples.

Max: Nickels? Where are her nickels?

Me: No, nipples.

Max: Where?

Me: On your chest.

Max: Right here? (pointing to nipples) Nickels? They're not shiny, they're NOT nickels, but they kinda look like them....

Rolly-eyes. ;)

:lol: :lol: So happy- we's got Psillies in Spain and Hawaii! So jealous- snorkel for me. I love seeing all the fish-ees!

PeOter, brave soul that he is, is the only one who has stick wif us :lol:

That's why we love him!

Moi? :ph34r:

Si senor!

Pt Deux momentarily

Mtndog Collaborator

Pt Deux

Precisely the intestinal fortitude needed.....

M-m-m-m....wondering to selph if there is an antibody test fer this intestinal fortitude? Gene test, per'aps? :P

Patti :lol: x10

I think you're right about that, Shroomie! We need to do more squeaking--much like Nik at the airport the other day

As lomng as it's not squealing :lol: PadT- yer cracking me up too!

I'm telling yer!!... this'll be THE LAST 'Hope you're happy in your New Home' card I send Patti!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pseriously hope tis the last time.

We pack well, don't we?

Thank Gawd.....now I have to move and is not happy about it. Our landlord has decided to sell the house we've been renting. Goes on the market soon. I'm on a new round of antibiotics (the break was FUN while it lasted!) and the thought of packing is <insertSuzzle'sgreenvomitousfacehere>

I'm just thankful that she doesn't ask us to help pack and load furniture.

Oh man, I thought you guys would help me! :P

You feel sooooo very awful. It's hard to eat. Really the best food to treat shingles is premium ice cream. I'm sure I saw a medical study on that. Yes, it was 3 separate studies now that I think about it. Sorry, I can't find them right now to reference them. Trust me. ;)

I saw the same study!

Oh and BTW I am no longer a mod (didn't have enough time right now) so I can no longer protect yer identity under the Moderator Protection Program. You is on your own! :lol:

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Sounds like a good mom! I like that coconut ice cream. If you crumble up some hamburger into teeny tiny pieces, you can bacisally swallow it. (Had a baby who wouldn't eat squishy baby food and had 4 teeth).

My kids never got the pox. They were exposed many times but didn't get it. They got the vaccine. I heard there is one for shingles. Might look into it since you can keep getting them I think.

Well, apparently they can be triggered whenever your immune system takes a blow, and also by extreme sunlight exposure? Last weekend (10 days ago) I got a wicked bad sunburn on my face. So it's all my fault. And it's never going to happen again, lemme tell ya. I've had my "Come to Jesus" moment, I'll be traveling with sunscreen in my purse from March to September from now forever onward. I'm just hoping it won't last as long as I've heard it can, since my system usually kicks the crap out of viruses in half the time it takes everyone else to deal with them. I'm taking the doctor-prescribed antiviral, Vicodin, and Advil for the pain. Also- Vit C, Vit B complex, zinc, spirulina, cod liver oil, probiotics, and am going to start using a detox tea. Anyone got any other ideas?

Darn210 Enthusiast

I guy I used to work with swore that extra tough/long workouts (to raise your body temp and burn it out of you) followed by large amounts of alcohol (to help you pass out sleep) were the keys to getting over illnesses quickly.

kareng Grand Master

I still think large quantities of ice cream or an ice cream equivalent!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Darn210 Enthusiast

I still think large quantities of ice cream or an ice cream equivalent!

Depends on what's made you sick . . . I had the phlooh once and the last thing I had to eat before I got sick was mint chocolate chip ice cream . . . I used to love it, now I can't stand it.

jerseyangel Proficient

I'm currently using chocolate pudding.... :P

jerseyangel Proficient

Depends on what's made you sick . . . I had the phlooh once and the last thing I had to eat before I got sick was mint chocolate chip ice cream . . . I used to love it, now I can't stand it.

No lie--when I was in 5th grade, I puked one night after eating rice and never ate it again until after I was married. :huh:

kareng Grand Master

I used to love pumpkin pie but I puked on right after eating it as a kid. I've never really eaten it since.

jerseyangel Proficient

I used to love pumpkin pie but I puked on right after eating it as a kid. I've never really eaten it since.

Mark is the same way about German Chocolate Cake.

Mark is the same way about German Chocolate Cake.

I puked fairly recently (sometime this year) from food poisoning, and I had had pasta with tomato sauce. That was pleasant. Hasn't kept me away from tomatoes though! Once when I was a kid I threw up a chunk of chicken, completely unchewed. The weird part? I hadn't eaten chicken in days. We still sometimes puzzle over that one!

Darn210 Enthusiast

Yeah . . . can't drink Tequila anymore . . . but that had nothing to do with the phluugh . . . :ph34r:

Mysterious Chunky Chicken Puke . . . ewwwwww . . . :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient

Yeah . . . can't drink Tequila anymore . . . but that had nothing to do with the phluugh . . . :ph34r:

Scotch :ph34r:

Mysterious Chunky Chicken Puke . . . ewwwwww . . . :lol:

Tis curious.... :lol:

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Bun--I was gonna suggest hamburger too, and also you can mince poached (in chicken broth) chicken up very finely too--mix it into mashed potatoes. You poor thing--it sounds wretched sad.gif

Karreighn--there is a shingle vaccine, my dad got it. smile.gif

Drove Matt to the doctor earlier this afternoon--he caught a virus or sumphin from Mark over a week ago and woke up this morning feeling much worse. He went to work, but left by 11:30--his supervisor told him to....Anywho, the family doctor is on vacation, so we went to another one who was on call.

He may have bronchitis and is on antibiotics. I've been fighting whatever this is for a week and a half....hope me luck (and hyper immune system) holds out unsure.giftongue.gif

Bun....sounds nasty. so sorry for ya!

Patti.........hope Matt bounces back fast! and.............you don't get it

Thank Gawd.....now I have to move and is not happy about it. Our landlord has decided to sell the house we've been renting. Goes on the market soon. I'm on a new round of antibiotics (the break was FUN while it lasted!) and the thought of packing is <insertSuzzle'sgreenvomitousfacehere>

Oh and BTW I am no longer a mod (didn't have enough time right now) so I can no longer protect yer identity under the Moderator Protection Program. You is on your own! laugh.gif

Sure hate to hear this news. Know it took a while to find this place. New abx and looking for a place and packing ph34r.gif shucks......... i'f i was closer I'd help ya pack I'm kinda used to it now and still have mystery boxes in the garage after 6 months.

Shoot we lost our Moderator Protector..........laugh.gif will miss your wisdom!

Well, apparently they can be triggered whenever your immune system takes a blow, and also by extreme sunlight exposure? Last weekend (10 days ago) I got a wicked bad sunburn on my face. So it's all my fault. And it's never going to happen again, lemme tell ya. I've had my "Come to Jesus" moment, I'll be traveling with sunscreen in my purse from March to September from now forever onward. I'm just hoping it won't last as long as I've heard it can, since my system usually kicks the crap out of viruses in half the time it takes everyone else to deal with them. I'm taking the doctor-prescribed antiviral, Vicodin, and Advil for the pain. Also- Vit C, Vit B complex, zinc, spirulina, cod liver oil, probiotics, and am going to start using a detox tea. Anyone got any other ideas?

no ideas for ya.........but hope it doesn't last too long

I puked fairly recently (sometime this year) from food poisoning, and I had had pasta with tomato sauce. That was pleasant. Hasn't kept me away from tomatoes though! Once when I was a kid I threw up a chunk of chicken, completely unchewed. The weird part? I hadn't eaten chicken in days. We still sometimes puzzle over that one!

That has happened to me.......tiz a puzzleblink.gif

jerseyangel Proficient

Thanks Judith :wub:

It is going down to 63 tonight!!! Already, the air is cool and--dare I say it--a bit crisp! :D It will be short-lived fer now with the 8th heat wave of the summer expected over the weekend but this feels so-o-o-o-o good! :rolleyes:

Sleepin' weather B)

Darn210 Enthusiast

. . . The weird part? I hadn't eaten chicken in days. We still sometimes puzzle over that one!

I have this mental image of Bunnie and extended phamily sitting around the Christmas tree with presents and wrapping paper strewn about and then someone (Uncle Ray, maybe) says . . . "Hey, remember that time Bunnie barfed up some unchewed chicken and it had been days since she had chicken??" . . . followed by . . . "yeah, them were some good times."

jerseyangel Proficient

I have this mental image of Bunnie and extended phamily sitting around the Christmas tree with presents and wrapping paper strewn about and then someone (Uncle Ray, maybe) says . . . "Hey, remember that time Bunnie barfed up some unchewed chicken and it had been days since she had chicken??" . . . followed by . . . "yeah, them were some good times."

:lol::lol::lol:

Heartwarming :P

kareng Grand Master

OMG! Is Bunny in my family?

Judy, I'm good at packing mystery boxes. We have 3 that are still shut from moving 18 years ago.

jerseyangel Proficient

We have 3 that are still shut from moving 18 years ago.

OMG!! You need to open those! Aren'tcha dying to know what all is in them?

kareng Grand Master

OMG!! You need to open those! Aren'tcha dying to know what all is in them?

Nope. Old souvenirs from the fraternity. Beer cups from college football..... So.. nope!

Ooooo, my eyelid's swelling shut, how special....

kareng Grand Master

Oh no! Your mom will have to come over to read our brilliant, insightful and comedic posts! Or maybe you could get one of those computer readers that read your text in a lovely, robotic voice. It twill have a phine time prononciating da psilly spellings.

Darn210 Enthusiast

Is it just one? . . . get yerselph an eye patch and start talking like a pirate.

;) <--- the Bunnie emoticon

sorry 'bout yer I-lid, Bunnie

Archived