Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DingoGirl

I Cheated And Nothing Happened!

Great Avatar. Is that you basking in the afterglow of 3 gluteny donuts? You look great! :)

Tell the truth - you've got the hots for the doc, right? (too much Grey's Anatomy?) :P

how did I miss this, goofball....yes, there I am in all my donut-y, giddy glory. The tummy-ache had not hit yet (remember I also ate bean stew and homemade nut bars in same day. ugh).

The hots for my GI....I LOVE LOVE LOVE my GI - - - but he's not really a hottie. and that is a good thing, because I would be finding reasons to go all the time. :lol:;)

when celiacs eat even a small amount of gluten it can cause intestinal damage very quickly--so if it took you a year to get better, it might take only a month to reverse or wipe out that one year of healing. Again, your cancer risk and risk of many other complications also goes up when you eat gluten, so I highly recommend that you avoid it. You might find this interesting:

:o:o:o I only cheated once....NOT going to undo nine months of heinous, arduous gluten-avoidance! Besides, my stomach did hurt a bit - the same, tender ache it used to have, for years...so I know my poor villi were assaulted and unhappy. :(

Hang in there Susan, you're not alone here!

:) thanks donna.....

Yep Susan--remember, you always have us :)

:) and thanks to you, too Patti...you know I"ll always come whining when something's wrong...... :huh:

The glorious chick ... don't know who the babe is

My sister (JoAnn) is on the left (long brown hair) My daughter (Madeline now 2 1/2) is on the right. It's an old picture :P

They are both beautiful. Thanks :)

My sister (JoAnn) is on the left (long brown hair) My daughter (Madeline now 2 1/2) is on the right. It's an old picture :P

They are both beautiful. Thanks :)

And, yes they are beautiful.

Without a dissertation, thanks for keeping me laughing., You are truley a one man road show.

L. :)

How many times have I thought of tossing myself off a bridge but the fear of heights and fish flipping about in my underwear stopped me.

Ruslaa- I think you expresed the depression and despondency so well and IKNOW you've been through it, as have I, but the line about fish flipping around in your underwear was GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ruslaa- I think you expresed the depression and despondency so well and IKNOW you've been through it, as have I, but the line about fish flipping around in your underwear was GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh dear gawd...how did I miss that before??? :lol::lol::lol:

I was originally diagnosed in Feb 05. Then, in July 05 the doctors had me go back on a gluten diet for 6 months and then recheck my bloodwork and conduct a biopsy. During that time I had no issues and I was eating so much gluten it was unreal. When I got the results of my bloodwork in December and the test stated my levels were at 260, I was totally shocked. I thought the February diagnosis had been a mistake. I just didn't understand how my antibody levels could be so high and I wasn't having any adverse reactions. It's an odd disease. I'm happy they did the biopsy to prove to me that my body was being adversely effected and that convinced me to stay gluten free.

Susan - The moment you mentioned your poison oak "what will happen" experiment I instantly thought of this. And as luck would have it YouTube Obliged!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz2EGzVOWXg...%20and%20stimpy :P

COOL VIDEO!!!!!! Donuts and gluten-containing food are not tempting to me. I just get a "who cares" attitude at times and decide to cheat for the TEXTURE of it. It's not the food, it's the TEXTURE. I don't plan to do this ongoing. It's just something that I have done in my first year of adjustment and I thought I was the perfect one to reply, because I knew before I even opened the thread that she'd had donuts.

I did blame the gluten and I am calm... sorry.

I'm sorry my initial comment brought on such negativity.