Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

heathen

One Year Anniversary

on thursday, i will have been diagnosed for a full year (time flies, right?), and i want this year to be different from the "will i ever be able to eat again" fest that i had last year. i feel better, i made it through the holidays, i found frozen chebe bread, i baked my first gluten free pumpkin pie--these are all things to celebrate!

so what do you crazy celiacs do for fun--and of course, it has to involve eating, since all major life events come with a meal.

personally, i might hit up PF Changs, but i'm open to suggestions.

Diagnosed Celiac in February 2006

Villus blunting and positive blood test

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hit up your local movie theater and pig out on popcorn. Of course, you'll want to call first to verify whether or not the popcorn is gluten free. Our theater's popcorn is and many others are as well.

You could curl up on the couch with a few good friends and a big tub of Edy's ice cream (their website tells you which products are gluten free) and watch a great movie.

Or you could go out to eat... Fine dining restaurants can often accomodate special diets, Outback Steakhouse, PF Changs, Carraba's, Bonefish Grill...

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Congrats! When I hit my one-year I invited all my friends over for a taco dinner. My one-year felt like a second birthday to me I was so excited!

Gluten-Free since September 15, 2005.

Peanut-Free since July 2006.

Congrats, I just hit my one year mark too..feeling better, but still having stomach pain, thought it would have stopped by now.

go out and havea nice gluten-free meal!!

~Betty

heathen,

Congratulations on your one year anniversary! I know that it is a big deal....it is amazing how far we can come in a year.

Enjoy your day, and remember that the hardest part is over.....thank goodness!!

L

Congratulations heathen!!!

The first year is the hardest :lol: Hope you did something really fun!

Shirley

[save the Earth, It's the only planet with chocolate and wine.

It isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...

It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Gluten free since 1989

West Kootenay.... British Columbia

Congrats Heathen on your first anniversary and I hope the rest find you as happy! :lol:

Deb

Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!