Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JerryK

Am I Old?

Don't care if you don't want your hair to get wet--that's just like the excuse about cold toes, therefore socks. Say NO to bathing caps!

It's not that I mind getting my hair wet - it's just *sigh*...do you KNOW what chlorine does to my fragile (already) uncontrollably frizzy hair??!?!?

...Not that I've worn one (with BIG flowers on it) ...but I am SSOOO tempted!! LOL!!!! :ph34r:

I think I will start wearing my pants pulled up to my navel......

:lol::lol:

Yeah - why do men do that after a certain age??? - this is clearly an international phenomenom!!!!

....again, :rolleyes: ....hubby wants to wear them high....but I will DISOWN him if he does. <_<

This is UNBELIEVABLE:

I went for my intense swim this morning at the Y. Going into the building I saw a woman getting out of her car, and she was wearing the dreaded S & S...striped socks pulled right up almost to her knees and brown Birk knock-offs, I believe. I found this funny as heck as this thread popped right to mind. But wait....she gets out of her car and approaches the doors. She has a MULLET. No question, a grey 'do, short at the front and suddenly long behind her ears. I am now laughing, which is not good as I do not know her and this could be rude...

Get into the pool...and in she comes...

wearing a bathing cap. :blink::o

How can one individual personify everything we've discussed so far?! It's incredible. Perhaps she was placed in my life today for a reason...it's kind of scary...

well----laugh at this woman if you must---but i have a great deal of admiration for her self-confidence!LOL!LOL!LOL!

Amen

I don't text because I have no idea how to work my phone that way I even had it taken off the bill because I DO want to talk to who ever wants to text me in the first place.

My mom still perms her hair and she is 59 she is not old

My husband listens to Rap music sometimes I will listen when I am in the truck with him but he soon turns it down because I can't here what he tring to tell me.

I certainly can't run at the moment because of my broken foot, But I'm not too old to run if I were being chased by a person wanting to hurt me

I guess I will be old when I'm 6 feet under

This is UNBELIEVABLE:

I went for my intense swim this morning at the Y. Going into the building I saw a woman getting out of her car, and she was wearing the dreaded S & S...striped socks pulled right up almost to her knees and brown Birk knock-offs, I believe. I found this funny as heck as this thread popped right to mind. But wait....she gets out of her car and approaches the doors. She has a MULLET. No question, a grey 'do, short at the front and suddenly long behind her ears. I am now laughing, which is not good as I do not know her and this could be rude...

How can one individual personify everything we've discussed so far?! It's incredible. Perhaps she was placed in my life today for a reason...it's kind of scary...

That is scary in more ways to mention . . . . . . .

I am 45. I listen to SOME rap music, not a lot. I got a tattoo with my son on the day he turned 18. I listen to music at a higher volume than my kids do. I DON'T wear socks with sandals, and I don't wear pantyhose with open-toed shoes. I also detest VPL's. I had my belly-button pierced when my daughter turned 16, but developed an infection and had to take it out after four weeks. My daughter decided that she just didn't want hers any longer, and took it out-- permanently. My son is of the opinion that "my" generation had much better bands, who have much more longevity than any band he can think of in "his" generation. I happen to agree. I didn't like cars that have the huge bass speakers in the trunk until my son put them in the car that I let him drive and I had to drive it one day. Aerosmith never sounded better! I think "bling-bling", or "bling" as they now call it, is rediculous. I think Audrey Hepburn was the epitomy of beauty, as was Natalie Wood. I DO have the cartilage pierced in my left ear, but I wear a small emerald post earring which tucks nicely into the curve. Until the celiac wreaked havoc with my brain, I used to ride up and down the aisles of the toy stores with my nephews "test driving" razor scooters -- until I would get busted and we'd have to quit. They thought it was hysterically funny. I have been to Ozzie Osbourne's Oz-Fest -- took my son, and I don't understand the band "Mud Vein" at all. Nor do I understand pretty much any of the bands that were there, but it was a fun experience. I thought Alice Cooper's concert was a demonstration of theatrical genius. I also thought that the band "Nelly" put on a fantastic show. Their set -- even in limited circumstances because it was the MTV's TRL(?) tour -- was phenomenal, and when they all came out on different colored ATV's, it was pretty awesome. I don't like Eve. Her fame was made based on nothing but vulgarity. And TLW?? Oh, please. I think Beyonce Knowles is extremely talented, but I like Destiny's Child better. I prefer Aerosmith, Elton John and Billy Joel to pretty much anything that has come out in the last year and a half. Carole King and James Taylor are icons of talent, as well. I have a cell phone, but I don't understand the whole "test messaging" thing. Call the person -- seriously. If you have THAT much to say, don't keep going back and forth, possibly interrupting conversations with other people, just because you have some fun technology.

Am I old?? Who knows. Who cares. I'm just having fun!

This is UNBELIEVABLE:

Gosh you should have said HI if you saw me at the pool........gosh how rude!! :lol:

Just kidding!! I am sitting here laughing and had to find something smarta$$ to say :)

-Jessica :rolleyes:

I just told my insightful 10-year old son the whole story about this thread and seeing it personified this morning. His response floored me. He said, "Whoa! That lady must have read your thread before she went out to the gym, and cut her hair quick, put on the socks and sandals, and packed her bathing cap to freak you out!"

....wow...... :blink:

It's not that I mind getting my hair wet - it's just *sigh*...do you KNOW what chlorine does to my fragile (already) uncontrollably frizzy hair??!?!?

...Not that I've worn one (with BIG flowers on it) ...but I am SSOOO tempted!! LOL!!!! :ph34r:

:lol::lol:

Yeah - why do men do that after a certain age??? - this is clearly an international phenomenom!!!!

....again, :rolleyes: ....hubby wants to wear them high....but I will DISOWN him if he does. <_<

I can't swear to it, but I think they do it to create an optical illusion that their bellies are not large.

My dad did it...it's kind of like the hair comb over thing....doesn't really fool anyone...except perhaps

the person doing it :lol:

Can we add in one for the ladies. Please stop wearing stockings with open toe shoes!!!!! Heck I never wear stockings period unless they are a color to go with the outfit, but I just cringe when I see woman wearing nude stockings with their open toe shoes. I hate this more than VPL.... stop it!! ;)

As for the issue of old:

I would never consider someone in their 40's old... heck I'm not sure there is an age anymore that's old. My stepmom is in her early 50's and acts like she's 80; but then I know other people her age that act like they're 25. It's all in your mindset. I'm 29 and 2 of my best friends are in their 40's and 50's.

Amen to that for sure!!

I can't wait until I'm old (I'm 36 now) so that I can finally keep up hiking and mountaineering. I run regularly, but all the 60 and 70 year olds who are retired and have time to be in the mountains 4-5 days a week leave me in the dust after 20 miles. :P

Wow -- this thread makes me feel better -- I'm 37 (not old -- I know) and have been getting back on the dating scene after the demise of a long relationship. Of course, I live in a university town and all the guys I'm dating seem to be 29! Now -- I guess they know what they like, but I really thought I was too old.

Erika...

Watch for the sandals with sockers, the aging mulleteers (now that you're on the dating scene they will suddenly proliferate, trust me!), and make sure any man you take a second look at has his pants belted firmly at or below his navel. And you may want to take him for a swim before you commit--make certain there are no bathing caps appearing... :)

lol! The mulleteers! Does the guy with the floppy 80's rock hair and gold chain count? Seriously, I don't have any idea what I'm doing. I'm about to retreat back to not-dating until I figure a few more things out. I think I was sick for all my earlier dating experiences, so this is a whole new ballgame and it's overwhelming!

:lol::lol::lol:

My hubby would like to wear the socks with sandals (for comfort he says) but I FORBID IT!!!!!!

LMAO! I cracked Lynne up on the phone today. I was talking to her when Connor came up to me with his brand new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles sandals on, only he didn't take is socks off to put them on! I said "Connor, get the socks off now, you are not Mr. Florida!" Lynne busted a gut laughing!

If my husband ever wears his pants up to his navel, im leaving him lol

paula

I dunno, it could be worse. He could have the beer gut so big it would be impossible to wear them that way!

**shivers.......****

I dunno, it could be worse. He could have the beer gut so big it would be impossible to wear them that way!

**shivers.......****

(chance would be a fine thing! :rolleyes: super slim coeliac hubby that I have)

OMG the beer gut thing --- EWWWW...then you get that oh so sexy (NOT!!!) ''builders bum'' (as I call it! ) at the back :o

Funny, may dad (and his dad before him) has always had a pot belly, even when he was young and in decent shape. I'm sure now it's the celiac stomach that has made its way down the generations...to me... :angry:

LMAO! I cracked Lynne up on the phone today. I was talking to her when Connor came up to me with his brand new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles sandals on, only he didn't take is socks off to put them on! I said "Connor, get the socks off now, you are not Mr. Florida!" Lynne busted a gut laughing!

OMG -- When I heard Karen say that to Connor, I could not control my laughter! "Mr. Florida"!! I told her that it was no wonder Canucks have such a bad image of the South!!!!!!!!!

That was one of the funniest things I've heard this year! Plus, if you put it in the context of how our phone conversations go, it makes it even funnier!!!!!