Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sjust

Gluten Free Dairy Free Bagel Recipe

I am looking for a good bagel recipe. It needs to be gluten free and if possible dairy free. I can use rice milk so if somebody has a recipe that would allow that that would be great. Thank you so much.

Sarah

Sarah 29 gluten-free for daughter since March 2007

Rebecca 12/21/06 apppears to be sensitive to all foods FFT

Robbie 1/12/07 cashew allergy, doing better off gluten

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I am looking for a good bagel recipe. It needs to be gluten free and if possible dairy free. I can use rice milk so if somebody has a recipe that would allow that that would be great. Thank you so much.

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

These were not one of my better creations, but they have all the flavour and texture.

Here's the link to my Recipe

(even got a photo, the smoked salmon,cream cheese and chives will make your mouth water)

Maybe sub the milk powder with coconut milk powder ??

Can't say if it works have never substituted it.

gluten-free Bagel Recipe With Photo

Chronically Ill and lost 56lbs in 3 Months Prior to Diagnosis.

Diagnosed in Nov 2005 after Biopsy and Blood Tests

Cannot tolerate Codex Wheat Starch.

Self Taught Baker.

Bake everything from scratch using naturally gluten-free ingredients.

If milk powder is called for, you can use Vance's Dari Replacer, although I find it has an overly sweet taste.

I tried making gluten-free and DF bagels a couple of times. I don't have the recipe handy. It was in one of the cookbooks I have. Although they were good, they really didn't taste anything like real bagels. They were boiled in sugar water to help them brown. But they also stuck like mad to the pan and didn't keep for any length of time. They tasted fine (although very sweet) when eaten fresh, they got rock hard mere hours after making them. I tried the recipe twice.

Since then we've been buying the Enjoy Life bagels from our health food store. I'm not sure they taste like real bagels either but my daughter likes them.