This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

A New Weight Loss Support/accountability Thread

lonewolf

confused Community Regular

I am only measuring and not weighing myself, i havent went and got an scale, is that ok if i only post my mesurements in here lol

paula

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lonewolf Collaborator
I am only measuring and not weighing myself, i havent went and got an scale, is that ok if i only post my mesurements in here lol

paula

Sure! Whatever helps you the most.

Mango04 Enthusiast

Okay so I weighed in at the Doctors office this morning and was happy to learn I don't have as much to lose as I thought. Still a few pounds to go though.

Yesterday:

B - Jay Robb's protein shake

L - Health Valley Organic black bean soup and an apple

S - Clif Nectar Bar, (lots of) Lundberg Rice Chips, nectarine

D - Lettuce, cucumbers, avocado and carrots wrapped in rice paper

I also did a wimpy 30 minutes or so of strength training.

I'm really bad at dieting! Lately I've been consuming way too many pre-packaged foods but not enough veggies and not enough protein.

Today so far:

B - Same as dinner last night plus a Nana's chocolate mint cookie bar :ph34r: (I was in a rush LOL)

L will be - Sunshine veggie burger, nectarine, applesauce

Posting this stuff is actually really helpful.

Hope everyone has a happy weekend :)

Kaycee Collaborator

Kat I can relate to your trials, sounds quite similar to mine. About three years ago I was 196 pounds, dieted and managed to get down to 170 and it has since been two years of trying to get lower. It feels like I have been on a diet for three years, and on top of that I have had to adopt a gluten free diet as well. Going gluten free has meant, what I was eating (Calorie wise) before is now enough for me to put on weight with. The dynamics of the weight loss diet for me has changed. It did my head in for a bit, but I'm pleased to say I did not put on much.

Kristen congratulations on the four pounds way to go.

Paula measuring and not weighing is fine. Haven't we been told countless times to throw out the scales and go by measurements. But I haven't done that. I like to see on the scales the weight going down. It's like dieting, we have our own way of doing it. I can only manage a diet if I count the calories.

Mango, that is good to know you are not as heavy as you thought you were. When I went to the doctor I weighed more than I thought I should've! The doctor just told me to not wear my boots next time! But he still ordered me to loose weight, keep up with the walking and join a gym. Now where can I fit all that in? I'm not a gym person, and it would cost me an arm and a leg.

Yesterday I ate 1500 of calories. My down fall was the icecream. My freezer is quite packed, and I was trying to fit something else in, and it wouldn't go in unless I emptied out the icrecram container. So I did!

You all have a great weekend and keep smiling.

The countdown is on, only 6 days till my 24 year old son from Sydney comes home. And then it will be 2 days from then when I will have been married for 2 years. Alls great in the world.

Cathy

Cathy

lonewolf Collaborator

I think I did okay today. The only exercise I got was pulling weeds for an hour and jogging a half mile.

B - 2 chicken tenderloins with about 1 Tbs garlic sauce (I love that stuff!)

L - Roast chicken breast, cooked carrots, handful of raspberries, handful of raisins

D - Mexican lasagne, lots of guacamole, lots of fruit, lots of salad

have a great weekend!

Janeti Apprentice

Hello Liz,

I think that it was your prayer that did the trick :rolleyes::) Thank you, the biopsy was negative. I have been sick to my stomach, this weekend I will be eating whatever I want!!! Then Monday I will be back to join all of you :D Janet

[

Paula measuring and not weighing is fine. Haven't we been told countless times to throw out the scales and go by measurements. But I haven't done that. I like to see on the scales the weight going down. It's like dieting, we have our own way of doing it. I can only manage a diet if I count the calories.

I like to measure for lots of reasons, one i cant measure every day, like when i weigh myself, i will weigh myself like 10 times a day and all it does it drives me batty lol. I also like to measure due to the fact that my main goal is to get into a size 7 by the end of summer. Also the only place i really want to lose weight is my tummy, having 4 kids in 5 yrs really did damge to my tummy, and the c/s has caused me never to have an flat tummy again. But I am going to try to get it close lol. I also dont really care about pounds due to the fact im in a normal BMI range. And last but not least i dont want to spend the money on a new scale lol

I admire you to able to count the calories., That is something i can not do. I have done many diets through out the yrs, and counting calories and counting points were 2 things that i could never do longer then a few days lol.

paula

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lonewolf Collaborator
Hello Liz,

I think that it was your prayer that did the trick :rolleyes::) Thank you, the biopsy was negative. I have been sick to my stomach, this weekend I will be eating whatever I want!!! Then Monday I will be back to join all of you :D Janet

Great news! I'm so glad everything is okay. We'll look forward to having you join us again next week!

little d Enthusiast
Jestgar - happy to have you join us!

Kathy - sounds like you're doing great getting going with your workouts - keep up the good work!

Little d - how can we help encourage you to be totally gluten-free? I know from experience that it's all or nothing. 90% gluten-free is the same as eating a regular diet. Would having a diagnosis, probably from Enterolab at this point, help with your motivation? We all know how hard it is to get into the swing of it, especially in the first 6 months. Maybe we can help with some suggestions for food on the run to help you out with your busy schedule?

I'm planning to be "good" today and tomorrow, and take a free day on the 4th of July. I won't totally overdo it, but I do want to enjoy our traditional barbecue with all the fixings and popcorn while watching the fireworks. I've found that taking a free day once a week or so helps keep me motivated and makes it easier to stick to my diet. Usually I take a free day on Saturdays. "I can't have these chips and salsa or a piece of this chocolate cake now, but on Saturday I can." That kind of thing helps me stay strong.

Hoping to see everyone posting and letting us know how you're doing!

The only help I geuss that I need is to keep my hands off the Brownies and be stronger to not eat out with my husband.

July 4th I did not do so well I gave in and had a brownie fudge sundae from Braums

Lunch we went to Don Pablos and i had something that I don't think was gluten free

I did ask for Corn tortilla for my Quasadiallas, beef nachos, and the hard rolled up things that I don't know the name of right now.

Thursday

B gluten-free Maple Buckwheat ceralwith Lactaid milk

D Chinese Sweet and sour chicken I took off the breading off the chicken, when I ordered this I did not think about the breading, and two egg rolls

Friday

B- gluten-free Maple Buckwheat ceral with Lactaid Milk

D- SpringCreek Chicken with backed potatoe and a roll I could not help myself (yes I could have) I love there rolls

Saturday I did not do so well I really did not eat much of anything because we had plans to go have breakfast at Craker Barrel but we had someone come over and we went to the Mall to see a movie so all we had at the Mall was and I regret having this because I later when we got home had to take a Tagament because I was having heartburn and stomachburn bad

At the mall I had half of a Cinnobun and Dr Pepper that I shared with my husband

L- gluten-free Turkey sandwich

Went to work and for

D- gluten-free brown rice Tortilla with gluten-free sunshine pattie with cheese

gluten-free strawberry cheesecake yogert by Yoplai

Sunday we went to Craker Barrel for lunch after I woke up I think that I did good even though I was still sleepy, so Im assuming that it was ok because I did not have my midsection or heart start pounding

L- Grilled Trout, Green Beans, Baby Carrots, and Mash potatos with no gravy, and Diet Coke

And so for tonight my dinner at work will be

Spring Onion Thai noodles and chicken

My weight in for today is 154 1/2 lbs I need to loose for my target of 120lbs another 34lbs man that seems alot.

donna

confusedks Enthusiast

Hello everyone,

It's a long story but I want to lose about 5-10 lbs. As far as my exercise goals, I don't have any. I am in Physical Therapy for my back so I do a lot of stuff with them, so for now I don't have any need to exercise. I also was told NOT to do anything unless with the Physical Therapist, so I will be holding off for a little while. As far as food, I want to be REALLY healthy. Today was good, except "breakfast" but tomorrow will be better.

B- Chocolate Chips (like i said, tomorrow will be WAY better)

L- Brown Rice with spinach and olive oil and lemon

D- spinach salad (homemade)

S #1- handful of cherries and a couple bites of tuna salad

S #2- nectarine

I will weigh in tomorrow because I want to know my starting weight so I know when I have lost the weight I want to lose.

Kassandra

lonewolf Collaborator

Welcome Kassandra! Glad to have you join us. It looks like you might need to have a little more protein with each meal. That might help you avoid cravings for things like chocolate chips. ;)

Donna - I encourage you again to get tested either through Enterolab or your doctor. If you are gluten intolerant or Celiac, you're hurting yourself to eat that much gluten. Is your husband supportive at all?

I did pretty well over the weekend, although I didn't really keep track of everything I ate. I worked out hard on Saturday and then went for a bike ride last night.

2plustwins Rookie

I was glutened yesterday - I woke up this morning feeling lethargic. All I want to do is stay in bed, but with four kids that is not going to happen.

Does anyone have the Gluten free for Dummies book? What do you think about it? I have thought of buying it, but wanted some opinions first.

I also try to keep a count of calories. I just have an idea in my head of what each thing has. I am trying to stay between 1100 - 1300 cals a day.

Janeti Apprentice
I was glutened yesterday - I woke up this morning feeling lethargic. All I want to do is stay in bed, but with four kids that is not going to happen.

Does anyone have the Gluten free for Dummies book? What do you think about it? I have thought of buying it, but wanted some opinions first.

I also try to keep a count of calories. I just have an idea in my head of what each thing has. I am trying to stay between 1100 - 1300 cals a day.

I have the book, and I think its great. Get it, even if it's just to enjoy the authors sense of humor. But also it has alot of great information. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Janet

Janeti Apprentice

Hello everyone!

Ok, heres the damage...last night my family and me went to a gluten free italian restaurant, yummy!

So there were leftovers that I didn't want to waste :D

B) rice krispies with berries

L)1 piece of chicken parmagiana

D) 1 sausage, baked potato, large salad, carrots

I have to start weaning myself from the abundance of food that i have been having, so I think this a

start.

Janet

GeoffCJ Enthusiast
Hello everyone!

Ok, heres the damage...last night my family and me went to a gluten free italian restaurant, yummy!

So there were leftovers that I didn't want to waste :D

B) rice krispies with berries

L)1 piece of chicken parmagiana

D) 1 sausage, baked potato, large salad, carrots

I have to start weaning myself from the abundance of food that i have been having, so I think this a

start.

Janet

Were they Gluten-free rice Crispies? Because I've not found any gluten-free rice crispies that aren't disgusting.

Geoff

I was wondering the same thing about the rice crispies, i would love to know how to make them or buy them. I know i have heard to make them with fruity pebbles but havent done that yet lol

paula

confusedks Enthusiast

I didn't post yesterday...so here's what I had:

B- two slices of turkey bacon

L- turkey burger (just the patty) with brown rice and spinach (this is my favorite combo lately!)

D- Brown rice with chicken stir-fry and green beans

S 1- 10 almonds

S 2- 10 cashews

Kassandra

P.S. What do people do when youre craving something SO BADLY but you know you shouldn't have it? This is really hard for me because I think I'm hypoglycemic, so I crash and the only thing that gives me energy is sugar. Any ideas?

lonewolf Collaborator

Hi everyone. I can't even remember what I ate yesterday, but didn't do too bad. I didn't get any exercise in though.

Today:

B - two slices deli turkey, small apple

L - panini sandwich made with light tapioca bread, turkey, goat cheese, lettuce and mustard

S - raspberries and a small banana

S2 - a large handful or maybe 2 of macadamia nuts (oops)

D - ground turkey patty, about 1/4 C baked beans, lettuce

Mango04 Enthusiast

Today:

B - Two buckwheat waffles with peanut butter

L - spinach, celerey, chicken breast, sliced almonds, olive oil, balsamic

S - coconut flour muffin

D - hopefully protein of some sort with veggies LOL

Yesterday:

B - coconut flour muffin (I justified it protein-wise since the 12-muffin recipe used nine eggs LOL)

S - a few Corn Thins

L - Sunshine Organic veggie burger patty, applesauce

S - cantelope

D - grilled chicken breast, tomato, celerey, cucumber, olive oil, balsamic

Jestgar Rising Star

In the interests of being honest..

Yesterday

B Tomatoes sauteed in olive oil with two eggs, 1 oz feta and 1 oz cheddar cheeses

L Can lentil soup

S big handful of almonds, walnuts and dried blueberries

S2 same thing

D way too much potato salad, bean salad and roasted chicken from store

Exercise: general house cleaning

Today

B Rest of the potato and bean salads

L salad with 1000 island dressing

D TBD (but probably something to do with the rest of the chicken in my frig)

Exercise: walked up the hill and will walk back down

Janeti Apprentice
Were they Gluten-free rice Crispies? Because I've not found any gluten-free rice crispies that aren't disgusting.

Geoff

Yes, they are made by Erewhon. They are crispy brown rice and comes with an assortment of berries. Very good, usually i don't eat cold cereal for breakfast. I'm not sure where you live, but here on Long Island there is a food store called Uncle Giuseppes. I has an entire aisle of gluten free foods, and also a frozen food section, it's wonderful. Actually, the cereal has a website if you would like to check it out. www.usmillsinc.com Good Luck! Janet

Janeti Apprentice

Here's today:

B) 1 egg, 2 bread

L) 1/4c ricotta cheese on toast

D) chicken, yucky curryrice(never again), peas, applesauce

I think I am getter better!! See you all tomorrow :lol: Janet

Janeti Apprentice
In the interests of being honest..

Yesterday

B Tomatoes sauteed in olive oil with two eggs, 1 oz feta and 1 oz cheddar cheeses

L Can lentil soup

S big handful of almonds, walnuts and dried blueberries

S2 same thing

D way too much potato salad, bean salad and roasted chicken from store

Exercise: general house cleaning

Today

B Rest of the potato and bean salads

L salad with 1000 island dressing

D TBD (but probably something to do with the rest of the chicken in my frig)

Exercise: walked up the hill and will walk back down

You are too funny, do you usually eat like this? Do you wake up early in the morning and feel like eating salads?

Meemsy Rookie

Okay...count me in. I have gained almost 10 lbs since going gluten free...and I eat pretty blasted well (if I manage to forget about an unfortunate brownie incident last weekend...but they were SOOOO good!). I try to eat lots of mini meals during the day.

Today I had:

*2 cups of coffee with rice milk

*1 Glutino blueberry breakfast bar

*A huge bowl of fresh fruit (kiwis, apples, grapes, melon, and bluberries)

*1 slice of Whole Foods roasted garlic and sundried tomato bread with tuna (no mayo or anything)

*For dinner? Not sure yet...the family is going out for Chinese tonight and I'll eat at home (I make them go out once a week and eat their fill of gluten!!!)...probably a spinich and tofu scramble.

Excercise: walked to work, ran around at work, walked home from work, walked around the mall for about an hour (hey, that counts as excercise doesn't it?!?).

Jestgar Rising Star
You are too funny, do you usually eat like this? Do you wake up early in the morning and feel like eating salads?

:) When my other choice is veggies...

So. Knowing I was going to have to post this I did NOT go home and plop my butt in front of the TV and consume half a chicken dipped in barbecue sauce while watching Wheel of Fortune.

Instead I got off the bus 1/2 mile early and walked home, then chopped 1 breast from the chicken in my frig and added ~3 T of light Miracle Whip and ate little spoonfuls of that on celery. For dessert I had 1 pear and three plums.

B - Three tomatoes, ~3T olive oil, 2 eggs sauted together.

Archived