Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

isiskingdom

Going To Summerfest Today!

I am going to Summerfest today and I need to be able to take food with me that does not need to be heated up. Veggies are not a option and I still have not found premade bread so a sandwich is Not a option. I doubt the food there is safe. Please help

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I am going to Summerfest today and I need to be able to take food with me that does not need to be heated up. Veggies are not a option and I still have not found premade bread so a sandwich is Not a option. I doubt the food there is safe. Please help

Since no one is replying to my post all I am taking with me is water. I normaly have veggies, bake potato and rice noddles but, those are out.

If I were you I'd take CrunchNMunch. I like the Toffee kind. I'd also take potato chips and applesauce or pudding. You can probably eat an ear of corn and a snow cone and a burger with no bun at the fair! I do. Have fun!

My husband and his friend are at summerfest today too (i would have gone but i have to be at work at 630 am tomorrow and we live in Chicago :( ) anyways, suppsoedly they are serving new grist beer there this year. foodwise i looked at the vendors with my husband and there looked to be several options a celiac could try there. the greek place looked promising as did several other "fruit" stands. good luck hope you have fun!

My husband and his friend are at summerfest today too (i would have gone but i have to be at work at 630 am tomorrow and we live in Chicago :( ) anyways, suppsoedly they are serving new grist beer there this year. foodwise i looked at the vendors with my husband and there looked to be several options a celiac could try there. the greek place looked promising as did several other "fruit" stands. good luck hope you have fun!

I took some Hummus and chips by the time I read the reply it was to late I called ahead of time so I could bring it into the grounds. I will try something next year maybe. I will be going to State Fair and our fair so I'm sure I will have the same problem. It was Really HOTT!! Toby Keith was awesome though....Thank God For Toby!!!

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

This is good advice. Some restaurants offer gluten-free menus or mark items with “GF” on their regular menu, and I try to eat at such places. I still talk to the manager when I order to be sure. 
    I've had a swollen gland in my neck similar to what you described.  I found that taking thiamine helps immensely.   Here's an article that you might find helpful..... http://wandererandhome.weebly.com/heal-yourself/vitamin-b1-th...
    Mummu said her daughter was "constantly nauseated, tired, and having little to no interest in eating.  She's lost weight and I'm worried she may be becoming depressed"   I agree with M.Martha.  The Autoimmune diet without dairy and...