This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omgoooodness....cupcakes Out Of This World Cupcakes...

kbabe1968

kbabe1968 Enthusiast

FINALLY...a while back Guhlia gave me the link to the Gluten Free White Cake at Allrecipes...

I've been making it, tinkering....well....follow the recipe, add 1 Tbs vanilla pudding powder....

I made them today, and I made a whipped chocolate ganache frosting for them! OH MY!!!! They tasted like the Hostess cupcakes with the little whilte squiggly on them! SO GOOOOOD!!!

Whipped Chocolate Ganache Frosting

1 Cup Chocolate Chips

1 Tbs butter

1 Tbs milk

2 Cups powdered sugar

Mix chips, butter, milk in a microwave safe bowl. Melt at 30 second increments, stirring each time.

Once chips are melted, pour into the mixer bowl with the whipping attachement. Add 1 cup powdered sugar while on lowest setting - 1/4 cup at a time. Once that is in well, add the 2nd cup same way. THEN...let hit whip on high speed for about 4 minutes.

Dip the cupcakes in and get them coated ontop.

SO GOOD!!!! NO ONE who eats gluten would ever be able to tell they were gluten free. NO ONE. :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Nathan's mom Apprentice

Thanks so much. I'm always on the look out for good "goody" recipes. I take a cooler when we go places for my son. I have an array of substitutes. One Sunday morning his class at church had animal cookies. He had to eat his corn chips. I felt so bad for him :( I won't let that happen again if at all possible. Do you use the Nestle semi-sweet? What is the brand of Vanilla pudding powder?

Thanks,

Debbie

kbabe1968 Enthusiast

I used Aldi brand chips last night, they are very simple ing and have no weird additives. I also use their pudding powder. They've recently started listing allergens, which makes buying generics great! I've also used Walmart's Great Value Brand before b/c they label right on there "glutenfree".

Don't forget to search the cupcake recipe on allrecipes....I think it's under "Gluten Free Yellow Cake" It's better than any of the mixes I've bought...so light and fluffy just like REAL cupcakes. I think the next time I bake them, I'm going to make a bunch more than I need so I can freeze them and have them to grab for a birthday party or such if I go to one...it's always a bummer not to be able to eat the cake! :D

Have you tried Mi-Del's arrowroot Animal Crackers? I get them for myself (and for using as my crust on a cheesecake). They are really good, and they are shaped like animals and taste no different to me. Maybe your son would like them?

Sweetfudge Community Regular

thanks for posting. i'm gonna have to give in and make these :D the pics on the allrecipes's site look amazing!

cmom Contributor

Kinnikinick (SP?) K Kritters are also really good :):)

Katydid Apprentice

Help - I can't find this recipe on allrecipes.com. I found some recipes, but they don't have the vanilla pudding powder mentioned in the posts. Can someone steer me in the right direction?

ebrbetty Rising Star

thank you, I love that its low in butter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Darn210 Enthusiast

katydid,

kbabe1968 is using the gluten free yellow cake recipe - then she adds the dry pudding.

That's the recipe I use and have great luck with it. I think using rice flour from an asian market (finer ground) helps, too. I also freeze the extra cupcakes (unfrosted) and that has worked out great.

Guhlia Rising Star

Open Original Shared Link

This is an absolutely wonderful recipe!!! Plus, the cupcakes last room temperature for SO long! I think I was still eating mine almost a week later and they were still the perfect texture and taste. I highly recommend NOT refrigerating these cupcakes as it changes the texture somewhat.

Kbabe... I'll have to try this recipe with the pudding mix added. That sounds really tasty! :)

kbabe1968 Enthusiast

YES! I add the powder to the basic recipe that Guhlia posted....it's not part of the original recipe. I liked the box mixes before I was gluten-free and they tend to be stronger flavored than the original recipe of the gluten-free ones. I added the pudding powder to get them to taste more like a boxed mix. I also add extra vanilla extract - although i use a fake extract, not the real thing....I found a gluten free one that's inexpensive.

I made them again yesterday b/c we had company last night, and they have 4 kids. Thier kids didn't even notice a difference and they all asked for 2nds. My daughter told the oldest that they were gluten free and the girl said "no they aren't!". LOL :D they fool kids!

My son's birthday is coming up, can't wait to make these for all the kids....they'll never know!

Hey...Gulia how do you get them to last a week? I bake them and can't resist them...I have yet to get them to last 24 hours without getting eaten! LOL :D

Guhlia Rising Star
Hey...Gulia how do you get them to last a week? I bake them and can't resist them...I have yet to get them to last 24 hours without getting eaten! LOL :D

He he he... I bake a few batches at a time... :) That's the ONLY way I can get them to last more than a day!

imsohungry Collaborator

I followed your link to the cupcakes and printed out your icing recipe...I am going to use the pudding suggestion as well! :)

I want to make them tonight! B) However, I have had a traumatic day in the kitchen today, and I think it's safer for everyone if I just stay out of it. <_<

There are two recipes posted this week on the forum I REALLY want to make soon. I hope my kitchen survives 'til the weekend.

Thanks for the recipe! Blessings. -Julie

Archived