Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

marciab

Can We Detox From Gluten Using Dpp-iv ?

This article states that digestive enzymes will work on undigested foods in our bodies if taken on an empty stomach. I'm not eating gluten on purpose, but since I'm super sensitive I wanted to try this to see if it would help me with CC.

I started taking this 2 weeks ago and right away had smelly poop and watery "D". I'm currently taking 1 - 2 a day with nuts or seeds and feeling fine. Actually, I've noticed an increase in my energy level. It's too early to tell if this is what I needed.

I was wondering if anyone else has tried this ?

http://www.jonbarron.org/barron_reports/4-1-1999.php

Jan 1990 - Dx CFS/ME/FM (URI's, Ataxia, myoclonus, orthostatic hypotension, insomnia, brain fog, swollen lymph nodes, sore throat... ) Completely Disabled (housebound and bedridden at times)

2004 - Digestive pain all the time.

May 2004 - Hiatal hernia, erosive gastritis, gastroparesis (endoscopy)

August 2004 - Colon polyps, diverticulitus, internal hemorrhoids (colonoscopy)

No relief from Nexium, Prilosec, Protonix, Zelnorm, Miralax, Imodium, Lomotil ...

July 2005 - GP recommended WFDFSFEFCF + vegan (Also, anything that hurts free)

Immediately stopped needing naps and digestive pain reduced.

Sept 2005 - GFDFCFSFEF + chemical free - Immediately stopped feeling jittery / buzzing and digestive issues were much better.

June 2006 - Dx B12 and iron deficient. Started B12 injections and using cast iron pan.

August 2006 - MYOCLONUS GONE. (off Klonopin)

September 2006 - ATAXIA, INSOMNIA and Feeling like the floor was moving under my feet gone.

June 19, 2007 - Positive DQ2, Dx Celiac

October 2007 - Sleeping like a baby, waking up with energy, but still having fatigue/stamina issues

Nov 2007 - Started Paleo diet for chronic hypoglycemia

April 2008 - GTT normal. I'm no longer hypoglycemic. Started Low oxalate diet for kidney stones.

May 1, 2008 - Began salt loading for OI/NMH - noticed immediately muscle weakness was gone. I was sodium deficient but my labs don't reflect it. Still working on OI and PEM.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

This article states that digestive enzymes will work on undigested foods in our bodies if taken on an empty stomach. I'm not eating gluten on purpose, but since I'm super sensitive I wanted to try this to see if it would help me with CC.

I started taking this 2 weeks ago and right away had smelly poop and watery "D". I'm currently taking 1 - 2 a day with nuts or seeds and feeling fine. Actually, I've noticed an increase in my energy level. It's too early to tell if this is what I needed.

I was wondering if anyone else has tried this ?

http://www.jonbarron.org/barron_reports/4-1-1999.php

i have no clue about the detox thing, but people say DPP-IV is recommended to them by knowledgeable doctors since it's supposed to help digest gluten, but not to be able to eat it, in case of small traces/CC...it also helps digest casein but i never hear too much talk though, but never heard any bad experience, probably not too well known

I take Digesticol and Proiotics:)

Good luck on your healing journey B)

Collette

Positive Bloodwork Oct 1st 2007. Gluten-free 3 YEARS Oct 1st!

Dairy & Soy free since Dec 1st 2007.

Potato free since January 3rd 2008.

Remaining Nightshades since April 1st 2008. Back on September 2010. :)

Developed Rice & Tapioca & Corn Intolerances...

NO Carageenan.

In a constant state of evolution... sending love! :)

I think if you want to use them for CC, you would have to take the enzymes while the food is still in your stomach, but if you take the enzymes on an empty stomach, they circulate around cleaning things up. They are supposed to be kind of irritating to your stomach when you first start using them, the website I was reading said it's like cleaning out a scraped knee, you would want to go gently at first and maybe just take 1/2 a capsule until things start to heal.

Thanks for the interesting link. I've read some good things about enzymes. I wouldn't purposely eat gluten with them, but I think they can help heal and get the most from the other foods we eat. Let us know how it goes!

Thanks for your replies. I just started looking into the different types of digestive enzymes available, but I've been eating raw papaya, pineapple, mango and ground up dried papaya seeds and taking probiotics for over 2 years now. These have really helped anytime I've felt like my food wasn't moving through me or I was gassy or cramping. But, after reading this, I was thinking it might be a good idea to vary our digestive enzymes. And add more raw foods to our diets. Maybe it's time to try some sushi ... ;)

Here's a blip on Digesticol. I only copied in a small part ...

http://enzymes-digestive.com/digesticol/

Digesticol

Jan 1990 - Dx CFS/ME/FM (URI's, Ataxia, myoclonus, orthostatic hypotension, insomnia, brain fog, swollen lymph nodes, sore throat... ) Completely Disabled (housebound and bedridden at times)

2004 - Digestive pain all the time.

May 2004 - Hiatal hernia, erosive gastritis, gastroparesis (endoscopy)

August 2004 - Colon polyps, diverticulitus, internal hemorrhoids (colonoscopy)

No relief from Nexium, Prilosec, Protonix, Zelnorm, Miralax, Imodium, Lomotil ...

July 2005 - GP recommended WFDFSFEFCF + vegan (Also, anything that hurts free)

Immediately stopped needing naps and digestive pain reduced.

Sept 2005 - GFDFCFSFEF + chemical free - Immediately stopped feeling jittery / buzzing and digestive issues were much better.

June 2006 - Dx B12 and iron deficient. Started B12 injections and using cast iron pan.

August 2006 - MYOCLONUS GONE. (off Klonopin)

September 2006 - ATAXIA, INSOMNIA and Feeling like the floor was moving under my feet gone.

June 19, 2007 - Positive DQ2, Dx Celiac

October 2007 - Sleeping like a baby, waking up with energy, but still having fatigue/stamina issues

Nov 2007 - Started Paleo diet for chronic hypoglycemia

April 2008 - GTT normal. I'm no longer hypoglycemic. Started Low oxalate diet for kidney stones.

May 1, 2008 - Began salt loading for OI/NMH - noticed immediately muscle weakness was gone. I was sodium deficient but my labs don't reflect it. Still working on OI and PEM.