Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

glutenfreegirl

Avoiding Tapioca... Why?

Hi there

I see that a lot of you here avoid tapioca flour being new to all of t his I was wondering if there is some connection wiht it or is it just a personal choice??

Should I be avoiding too?

celiac blood test positve 11/10

stool test postive 2009

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Tapioca is gluten free. I don't have any problems with it. I can't speak for why others may be avoiding it.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

Definately no problem with tapioca. I eat daily huge amounts. I don't know who has a problem with tapioca and why.

Meline

Celiac September 2007

Graves disease June 2008

Candida overgrowth / started treatment November 2008

Tapioca is fine--gluten wise.

I'm one who is intolerant to it--it makes me very sick to my stomach. I avoid it :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

If it weren't for tapioca I'd be having a really hard time. It's one of the most commonly used gluten-free flours that I can handle.

Hi there

I see that a lot of you here avoid tapioca flour being new to all of t his I was wondering if there is some connection wiht it or is it just a personal choice??

Should I be avoiding too?

"My mother always told me, it's okay to play with a man's mind

as long as you put it back where you got it when you're done with it."

I finally pin pointer what I was feeling sick from still (tapioca flour/starch) and stopped eating things that contained it and felt sooooo much better. It was almost like I was eating gluten but at times worst. The only thing that is bad is that pretty much all gluten free recipies and alot of really good gluten free foods have tapioca in them :(

When you go gluten you start to notice other things that bother you. Sadly tapioca is one of mine.

Do you feel sick when you eat things with tapioca? If not then you are good to go with tapioca foods and recipies :)

Rebecca

Partial Gluten Free March 2007

Completely Gluten Free February 2008

Tapioca Starch/Flour Free April 2008

No MSG July 2008

Cut out Nitrates//Nitrites January 2009

Problems with Tomatoes and Potatoes -- Cut out Nightshades Aug '09

I finally pin pointer what I was feeling sick from still (tapioca flour/starch) and stopped eating things that contained it and felt sooooo much better. It was almost like I was eating gluten but at times worst. The only thing that is bad is that pretty much all gluten free recipies and alot of really good gluten free foods have tapioca in them :(

When you go gluten you start to notice other things that bother you. Sadly tapioca is one of mine.

Do you feel sick when you eat things with tapioca? If not then you are good to go with tapioca foods and recipies :)

Thank you for your kind words and helpfull knowledge

Enjoy your day

celiac blood test positve 11/10

stool test postive 2009