Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I remember reading on a some website that thickners contain gluten yet I bought "Fruche" yoghurts due to the fact it had gluten-free written on the package. (And they are yum... i am in australia i dont know if anyone else has seen/heard of them) As i read the ingredients list though i was suprised to see thickener 1422 listed.

I am a bit confused :unsure: does anyone know if thickners contain gluten? i may be being over paranoid considering it does say gluten free on the package.

Also i still am not gluten free and i have been trying so hard, i even opted for fries and a garden salad at Maccas today. As i found on MD website that these were gluten-free, only to find out later my favourite sauce seet and sour contains gluten. :( i was so annoyed at my thoughtlessness, as i would never normally think about not getting this sauce with fries. Oh well one day at a time.

Luv Sal :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Kati is right, listen to what the package says, but if you get sick then don't eat it again. The thickeners can come from wheat flour or corn starch, so if it says gluten free on it then it should be gluten-free.

Potato starch and corn starch are used as thickeners, too. If it says gluten free on the label, then one of the other thickeners was used.

One day at a time, one bite of food at a time! I am glad that you came on to visit with us, come back more often! Check out the "getting to know you" thread, we would love to learn about you!

Open it up :) . Basically, it's a survey...after awhile you become friends with some here and good acquaintances with most, so it's interesting to learn more about them...lifestyle, spouse, children, location, age...that type of thing. It's fine, though, if you don't reply to such threads....this is information that is open to anyone who wants to read it and has an internet connection, after all.

It's in the gab/chat room. It is like a poll, with lots of questions about ourselves. You can skip any that you are not comfortable with answering. We are glad you found us, too! :D