Canadian Girl

Sooooo Tired :(

Rate this topic

I have been sooo extremely tired since I've gone off gluten.. i've read that this is a sign of withdrawal, how long does it last for? I'll sleep in late, get up, and within a few hours so extremely tired again! I'm eating lots of fruit and veggies, taking vitamins, drinking lots of water.. anything i can do to help this? :huh:

I have been sooo extremely tired since I've gone off gluten.. i've read that this is a sign of withdrawal, how long does it last for? I'll sleep in late, get up, and within a few hours so extremely tired again! I'm eating lots of fruit and veggies, taking vitamins, drinking lots of water.. anything i can do to help this? :huh:

If you have had all your nutrient levels tested and are not deficient in anything, then it is probably just a waiting game, giving the gut time to heal. Rest is the best healer of all, up to a point, and you have not passed that point yet. On the other hand, if you have not checked for deficiencies, such as Vitamins B12, D, folate, K, and minerals such as potassium, zinc, magnesium, then I would think it would be in order to have your PCP order these tests. I did not regain my vim and vigor until I got these levels up to mid-range. Don't forget ferritin, also, and it's good to have your thyroid checked too. These are all things that seem to go out of whack when gluten upsets the digestive process.

Mushroom gave good info. Also have you had your thyroid & blood sugar checked?

I agree with the ladies above, and would add that it can take a while for the fatigue to let up. There's a lot of healing going on in there, and especially if you have been sick for a a long time, your body is going to crave rest.

It was one of the last symptoms to improve for me--for about 3 months I felt like I could not get enough sleep and even after that, I tired easily and was ready for bed as soon as dinner was over with.

Keep taking your supplements and eating well--it will get better with time :)