Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UnhappyCoeliac

If I Pick Out The White Piece Of Chicken With No Seasoning Or Skin

Whole chicken in the fridge told my mum at least 50 times its not gluten free but she keeps buying it.... Ive had a bottle of vanilla coke all day! But have a wedding this weekend to so cant get sick.. If I dig under the skin and between the seasoning and pull out white meat what do people thing the odds are it will have gluten?

(nothing else in the fridge lol... tight with money)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Not good with the math on odds but I would think it would be hard to get a piece out without something falling on it. Maybe they injected it with seasoning or put some on the inside.

Seems a bit odd that there is nothing else to eat or that your mom would want you to be sick. If someone was trying to poison me, I would find other living arrangements. I'm sure there must be more to this story. :unsure:

Eggs are cheap. Packaged cold cuts that say gluten-free aren't too expensive. Rice and beans are cheap.

Na not like that my friend, my mum just simply doesn't understand the condition, not really her job to understand it either, oh well 4 hrs to bed I think Il just wait it out hungry and get gluten-free fish and chips tommorow!

thanks

Ugh. I wouldn't risk the chicken with a wedding coming up. Any rice you could cook or a potato in the house?

I've never seen gluten-free fish and chips in the US. That sounds really good!

If your mother loves you and cares about you, I'd say it is her job to understand the condition. But thats just me.

I'd pass on the chicken if I were you. Often the chickens are injected which means the gluten is in the whole chicken, not just on the skin.

Definitely pass on the chicken. Can you have a few things in the house for yourself, like nuts, gluten-free crackers, Lara Bars--that sort of thing?

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev