Kimbalou

Safest Grits?

Rate this topic

What brand would be the safest grits to eat? Is Alber's ok?

I don't know Alber's, but I just buy ordinary Quaker grits. I eat them all the time and never have any problems. I love grits. :)

I don't know about Alber's either. I contacted Quaker about theirs and they said they can't guarentee their grits or their Oats because of the wheat products manufactured in their factory. Bob's Red Mill has Gluten Free Corn Grits.

thanks for the information

I don't know how sensitive you are but I only trust corn that states "gluten-free" because of rampant crosscontamination of corn (similar to oats).

Bob's Red Mill has gluten-free poltenta/grits. They also sell regular non-gluten-free corn grits, so you have to check the label to be certain. They are also available via amazon.

I don't know how sensitive you are but I only trust corn that states "gluten-free" because of rampant crosscontamination of corn (similar to oats).

Bob's Red Mill has gluten-free poltenta/grits. They also sell regular non-gluten-free corn grits, so you have to check the label to be certain. They are also available via amazon.

I'm curious too. The grits I have un-opened in my pantry are Quaker. The grits I've been eating were in an un-marked plastic jar on my kitchen counter, those gave me no problems but I don't know if they were Jim Dandy, Aunt Jemima, or Quaker. :(

I'm curious too. The grits I have un-opened in my pantry are Quaker. The grits I've been eating were in an un-marked plastic jar on my kitchen counter, those gave me no problems but I don't know if they were Jim Dandy, Aunt Jemima, or Quaker. :(

Well, like I said for me personally the Quaker have been fine. I'm pretty sensitive to cc also (although not as bad as some people on this forum) and haven't had any problems with these.

• Upvote 1

I love grits and eat them all the time. Have never heard of the brand you mentioned, but I use Arrowhead Mills organic yellow corn grits. They say gluten free right on the box. Never had a problem with CC.

I love grits and eat them all the time. Have never heard of the brand you mentioned, but I use Arrowhead Mills organic yellow corn grits. They say gluten free right on the box. Never had a problem with CC.

I just found Arrowhead Mills corn Grits today at the store. It was the only one I could find. I love grits too.