This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Hypothetical Question

Poppi

mushroom Proficient

We went tenting and tramping at Mt. Lassen during the time (as I later found out) I had a giardia infection :blink: - quelle horreur!! :ph34r: The night-time flashlight excursions were the worst but I did not run into any bears - the explosions probably drove them off :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IrishHeart Veteran

We went tenting and tramping at Mt. Lassen during the time (as I later found out) I had a giardia infection :blink: - quelle horreur!! :ph34r: The night-time flashlight excursions were the worst but I did not run into any bears - the explosions probably drove them off :lol:

holymotherofpearl!!...I had a giarddia infection back in 1999...that is no fun AT all.... :huh:

yikes....just had this image of you in the woods, flashlight in mouth, balancing precariously........poor 'shroom.... :unsure:

From what I know of you, you made the best of it, no doubt!

cassP Contributor

yikes...let's hope there aren't any more Damiens!! :unsure:

Fructose causes what kind of reaction, may I ask? I'm trying to figure out why I am bloated still...I feel much better and it's not gluten doing it...but...I have a bit of a pouch going down there (I had been stick- thin preDX...

edited...scratch that... I read about fructose malabsorption...I don't think that's it..!maybe I am just gaining weight :D

the fructose in enough of an amount will bloat me up like too much lactose, and make me feel like im gonna get major "D", but the D usually doesnt come till the following day. if too much fructose- it give me HORRIFIC intestinal cramping- just like gluten- and i will be hunched over pillows and heating pad for the rest of the night :(

IrishHeart Veteran

the fructose in enough of an amount will bloat me up like too much lactose, and make me feel like im gonna get major "D", but the D usually doesnt come till the following day. if too much fructose- it give me HORRIFIC intestinal cramping- just like gluten- and i will be hunched over pillows and heating pad for the rest of the night :(

Poor baby...that's awful.

I read that it is often secondary to celiac...is that right? any chance you can tolerate fructose down the road??

cassP Contributor

Poor baby...that's awful.

I read that it is often secondary to celiac...is that right? any chance you can tolerate fructose down the road??

i hope to be able to eat it all again someday. it's also possible that maybe i have SIBO ??? a girl i met on twitter used to have severe fructose malabsorption, then she went RAW VEGAN (still gluten free), and she no longer has a fructose problem- but she's also a vegetarian who has no issues with soy. im a big time meat eater- and i have to avoid soy.

maybe i could add a good amount of raw... maybe im lacking enough enzymes.. ???

IrishHeart Veteran

Ditto for me. No soy or dairy and I need the protein from meat right now as I lost so much weight and muscle mass. My friend is a vegan/soy girl and has kept her MS at bay doing that. She's very healthy!

Raw vegetables are still difficult for me to digest. I used to love snacking on cut up vegs all day long.. When I was very ill (preDX) I could not keep anything in, I was starving and dehydrated, so my sweetie purchased a juicer for me, figuring all that good stuff would be something I could tolerate and I would get the nutrients I needed.

What a mistake! The beet, celery, apple and carrot combo---was like pouring battery acid down there. :blink: Everything burned and then, came out with such force...well, you get the picture, Apparently, even the "raw" goodness was too much in an inflamed GI tract. I simply could not digest it. have been afraid to try too many raw vegs ever since.

I did try lettuce and tomato and some cuke the other day. No problem!! And all fruit is okay now, except for citrus--yikes! Still ouchy.

All this to say.....you do use probtioics don't you? They have been an enormous help for me. Almost all my GI issues have cleared up except for the burning sensation in my mouth, tongue and other "areas" :unsure: but even that is calming down!

I can tell from your posts, you are so pro-active about your health, so I imagine you have thought of everything by now!

But if you do suspect a SIBO, you may want to ask for the test.

Best wishes, cass!! :)

cassP Contributor

thanku irish girl :)

im very into health, but dont always eat how i preach... i have company in town again and we wanted pf changs- so i got it... so far so good... but i DO have to get back OFF the soy for the thyroid.

anyways... i guess i could ask for a SIBO test- but im afraid of it being a fiasco ... i already have a few more battles before that with my PCP & Endo..

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived