Newtoitall

New T Fal Cookware Set Is Evil

Rate this topic

ok so, for xmas I was given a cookware set, I thought it was very thoughtful, It's a really nice set that normally we would never consider (to much money) but it was A fantastic sale.. so accepting this is proving very hard for me..

I have done nothing at all different, the same safe diet... but I am facing some rather annoying C, and all the discomforts that come with that.

I do not understand what I could be reacting to..what's wrong with this set..

I couldn't find the exact set, but this one looks really similar just different pieces.

http://www.t-fal.ca/All+Products/Cookware/Non-stick/Products/Pleasure/Pleasure.htm

I can't believe I'm having issues with nice new cookware now..It makes you want to cry it's just that frustrating >_>

anywhoo, Does anyone understand this, maybe they have a similar issue and have an explanation?

Do you have soy issues? I had something happen like that with an All Clad Emeril grill pan. It was treated with soybean oil. You might call and see if they treat with anything.

I cannot imagine what would be on/in a set of new pans that would cause you to suffer C. That is perplexing. :unsure:

Unless--and I have no idea if this is even possible--they are made of iron and somehow you are absorbing that?? I think I read on here somewhere you can absorb iron from cast-iron pans.

Iron supplementation can cause major C.

Common causes of constipation include:

Inadequate water intake.

Inadequate fiber in the diet.

A disruption of regular diet or routine; traveling.

Inadequate activity or exercise or immobility.

Eating large amounts of dairy products.

Stress.

Resisting the urge to have a bowel movement, which is sometimes the result of pain from hemorrhoids.

Overuse of laxatives (stool softeners) which, over time, weaken the bowel muscles.

Hypothyroidism.

Neurological conditions such as Parkinson's disease or multiple sclerosis.

Antacid medicines containing calcium or aluminum.

Medicines (especially strong pain medicines, such as narcotics, antidepressants, or iron pills).

Depression.

Eating disorders.

Irritable bowel syndrome.

Pregnancy.

Colon cancer.

(Mayo clinic)

Anything like that going on??

GFreeMO:

I have never heard of a NEW cookware set being treated with an oil-pre-shipping! Especially treated with an allergen. :blink:

Imagine the LAWSUITS that could be filed??!! :blink:

(I believe what YOU are saying--I am just very surprised!)

What did the company say???

Sometimes metal is coated with oil. Non- food uses have silicone. I would image food would be something like soy. Are these Teflon? There are new types of Teflon stuff in the last few years. Can you clean Teflon with an orange based cleaner or lemon juice or white vinegar? That should cut any grease left on them. But if you have been cooking with them, they are likely clean by now.

Do you still have the old pans? Try them & see what happens. It could be something else that will go away in a few days but hard to know.

Email the company and ask?

What a bummer!

I cannot imagine what would be on/in a set of new pans that would cause you to suffer C. That is perplexing. :unsure:

Unless--and I have no idea if this is even possible--they are made of iron and somehow you are absorbing that?? I think I read on here somewhere you can absorb iron from cast-iron pans.

Inadequate water intake.

Stress.

Resisting the urge to have a bowel movement, which is sometimes the result of pain from hemorrhoids.

Overuse of laxatives (stool softeners) which, over time, weaken the bowel muscles.

Hypothyroidism.

Medicines (especially strong pain medicines, such as narcotics, antidepressants, or iron pills).

Depression.

Eating disorders.

Pregnancy.

Colon cancer.

(Mayo clinic)

GFreeMO:

I have never heard of a NEW cookware set being treated with an oil-pre-shipping! Especially treated with an allergen. :blink:

It was an All Clad Pre seasoned cast iron grill pan. I called to see what it was pre seasoned with. They told me soybean oil. I returned it.

This is not the one that I bought but read where it says materials.

http://castirongrill.blogspot.com/2011/09/henlepro-cast-iron-grill-pan-round.html

There was nothing on the box saying that the pan had soy in it. CRAZY!

It was an All Clad Pre seasoned cast iron grill pan. I called to see what it was pre seasoned with. They told me soybean oil. I returned it.

This is not the one that I bought but read where it says materials.

http://castirongrill.blogspot.com/2011/09/henlepro-cast-iron-grill-pan-round.html

There was nothing on the box saying that the pan had soy in it. CRAZY!

That IS crazy! They should not do that. They should have paid for the return shipping at least :angry:

GFreeMO:

If that is what this was, since it isn't a consumable they don't need to label it. Also, soy oil is not considered "allergenic" because it's so highly processed that it's rendered "allergy free" though there are many people who may react to it.

If that is what this was, since it isn't a consumable they don't need to label it. Also, soy oil is not considered "allergenic" because it's so highly processed that it's rendered "allergy free" though there are many people who may react to it.

True, true, Stephanie. :) Thanks for clarifying for us.

Right after I wrote that, I thought about it and realized exactly what you are saying. I should know better, having had a soy intolerance. :rolleyes: Still, it does seem like something they should not do--as actually, it is consumable via the cooking process. Probably wouldn't be a problem, but you never know.

I can tolerate soybean oil and soy lecithin, but soy flour or edamame, etc? No.

The consumer can treat the pan before cooking the first time herself.

Inadequate water intake.

Stress.

Hypothyroidism.

Depression.

Eating disorders.

Pregnancy.

Colon cancer.

(Mayo clinic)

GFreeMO:

lol well it most certainly isn't pregnancy xD but as far as I know I don't suffer from any of that, especially not dehydration, I drink a TON of water, maybe I had a bit to much lactose free milk but I don't drink THAT much, and it never caused issues like this before, and I would go back to the normal silverish looking pots we used but.. my mom went and cooked Gluten pasta in them and I'm not sure if they are alright to just clean?

I do plan on getting a cheap set similar to the silver one to trial, I suppose I should send the company off an email, oddly I never thought of that =/

lol well it most certainly isn't pregnancy xD but as far as I know I don't suffer from any of that, especially not dehydration, I drink a TON of water, maybe I had a bit to much lactose free milk but I don't drink THAT much, and it never caused issues like this before, and I would go back to the normal silverish looking pots we used but.. my mom went and cooked Gluten pasta in them and I'm not sure if they are alright to just clean?

I do plan on getting a cheap set similar to the silver one to trial, I suppose I should send the company off an email, oddly I never thought of that =/

You could use the old pans. Just scrub with vinegar or baking soda or Barkeepers Friend. They are just plain metal not a Teflon coating. Boil Water in them for a while and pour it out.

Well, I still think that pans should not be sold with food already in them :ph34r:

Well, I still think that pans should not be sold with food already in them :ph34r:

<_< Ditto from me.

I'm wondering, did we find out if these are Teflon? Her previous pans were not. Maybe it's the Teflon that bothers her?

I'm wondering, did we find out if these are Teflon? Her previous pans were not. Maybe it's the Teflon that bothers her?

The link to the ad for the pans says "non-stick"...could be!

T-fal non-stick coatings contain Teflon. T-fal was the first maker of non-stick cookware based on Teflon fifty years ago.