This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Celiac And Infections

thomas3000

thomas3000 Rookie

Hi everyone,

I've noticed that some have been suffering with symptoms even after going gluten free. Well I just want to let everybody know there is help out there. I am not a spokesman nor do I work in the medical field. I'm a pro golfer actually. I am gluten intolerant person seeking the truth. I encourage all of you to visit www.biohealthinfo.com. They specialize in every kind of illness, especially celiac and subclinical gluten intolerance. I was listening to the radio programs and Dr Timmins states that over 50 percent of the population is gluten intolerant to a certain degree. You don't have to be diagnosed as celiac to be gluten intolerant. I would encourage all of you to check for parasites and other infections. I can guarantee that everyone on this site will have 1 or more of them. It has been seen clinically in his practice for 20 years. If you are gluten intolerant you will have at least 1 infection. I'm really trying to help people on other sites and they think that gluten doesn't cause problems, and they don't believe me. Yet they keep on suffering and taking there anti-depressants. For those of you who still have symptoms if you accidentally ingest gluten(even a little), get tested for these infections. It will make you feel better than ever, I promise. Best of luck to everyone and my heart goes out to all of you!!! God Bless..

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

sspitzer5 Apprentice

hi thomas,

if an infection is found, what is the usual course of treatment?

thanks,

susan

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Hi everyone,

I've noticed that some have been suffering with symptoms even after going gluten free.  Well I just want to let everybody know there is help out there.  I am not a spokesman nor do I work in the medical field.  I'm a pro golfer actually.  I am gluten intolerant person seeking the truth.  I encourage all of you to visit www.biohealthinfo.com. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Didn't you state in a previous post that you are currently doing work for this particular company? I'm sorry but that makes me a little skeptical. Also you "guarantee" that all of us here are going to have some kind of parasite....I had all of those tests done and I don't have any. I tested with Great Smokies...they are very well known...if they say I don't have parasites...then I believe them.

thomas3000 Rookie

I'm a patient, so yes I'm working with them but not for them. Rachel, if you tested negative just after going gluten free, I urge you to test again. These infections are sometimes so deep in the small intestine, once the gut heals , they start to come out. Sometimes they will be detected months after going gluten-free. Great smokies doesn't have the workup anywhere near biohealth nor do they have the expertise. Dr Timmins is the worlds best, and I swear on my mother I am no way affiliated with them in any way possible, just trying to help people, it's my mission..By the way, if you still have Graves, they can reverse it!!

thomas3000 Rookie

Susan,

The treatment is mainly anti-parasitic meds. They do treat with drugs, but they know what treatment works for what ever infection(s) you have. They don't use a shotgun approach, there are standard protocols for different infections. While taking the meds, supplements will help keep the liver working properly, every base is covered here.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I'm a patient, so yes I'm working with them but not for them.  Rachel,  if you tested negative just after going gluten free,  I urge you to test again.  These infections are sometimes so deep in the small intestine, once the gut heals , they start to come out. Sometimes they will be detected months after going gluten-free. Great smokies doesn't have the workup anywhere near biohealth nor do they have the expertise.  Dr Timmins is the worlds best,  and I swear on my mother I am no way affiliated with them in any way possible,  just trying to help people,  it's my mission..By the way, if you still have Graves, they can reverse it!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've had radioactive iodine treatment for Graves...so if they can reverse that and somehow give me my thyroid back I'd be very intereseted. :)

thomas3000 Rookie

Did you have your thyroid removed or is it not working properly? It wouldn't hurt to get a second opinion. Have you read the books the Diet Cure and The mood cure?, good stuff. Lot's of info on thyroid disorders. I read a study that gluten alone causes Hashimotos autoimmune thyroid. I believe it since cutting out gluten reversed Hashi's in all patients studied. Pretty cool..

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Rachel--24 Collaborator

My thyroid was overactive...to stop this autoimmune response my thyroid was intentionally destroyed with radioactive iodine...it is now underactive (which is the point of the procedure). It will never function normally again...no books...or second opinions are gonna change that fact. I take thyroid replacement and have no thyroid problems now. Thanks for you help though. ;)

thomas3000 Rookie

That's too bad Rachel, sorry to hear that. Take care..

Lisa Mentor

You're a smart girl, Rachel!

musikate Apprentice

Thomas,

Check out this site: www.quackwatch.com

thomas3000 Rookie

What about quackwatch? I'm only trying to help. So you believe medication is the only to treat diseases? What about finding root causes? The doc on quackwatch doesn't know his ass from his elbow. Why is disease and sickness on the rise? Check out the website before you cast judgement..

musikate Apprentice
What about quackwatch?  I'm only trying to help. So you believe medication is the only to treat diseases?  What about finding root causes?  The doc on quackwatch doesn't know his ass from his elbow. Why is disease and sickness on the rise?  Check out the website before you cast judgement..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's an ad hominum attack on Dr. Barrett with no basis in evidence. I assure you his credentials are more legitimate than yours.

thomas3000 Rookie

First of all, I didn't start this thread to start an argument, I started it to help others. I believe in conventional medicine for certain things. There good at fixing broken bones and giving bypasses and saving lives and such. As far as preventative medicine goes, they don't have a clue. They treat diseases with drugs but rarely diagnose conditions correctly. I had dizzy spells and anxiety and was diagnosed with GAD with no testing. Fourteen hundred dollars please said the doctor. Who's the quack and the crook here? Gluten intolerance is the most misdiagnosed condition out there. Gluten kills people and is responsible for hundreds of medical conditions. I thought we were on the same team here, guess not.. So I will be not posting any longer. Good luck to everyone!

Rachel--24 Collaborator
You're a smart girl, Rachel!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:D Thanks...I know alot of people who would probably beg to differ! :lol:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
    The treatment is mainly anti-parasitic meds.  They do treat with drugs,  but they know what treatment works for what ever infection(s) you have.  They don't use a shotgun approach,  there are standard protocols for different infections.  While taking the meds, supplements will help keep the liver working properly, every base is covered here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thomas...if you're still around,

I have nothing against alternative medicine..in fact I see an alt. doctor. My conventional doctors were only good for handing out prescriptions for meds which were unnecessary and only masking the underlying cause. I am on nobodys side here. The problem that I DO have is when people go to various message boards promoting certain cures and treatments and such. In this case its a lab and a certain doctor we're talking about. No offense but I prefer to test at a lab which has no finacial stake in the results of these tests. This doctor you're talking about has a standard protocol for these so-called infections...in other words he is offering treatment and cures for whatever pops up in these tests. You say if I retest at this lab they will "certainly" find some parasites...well I have no doubt they will after reading your posts and visiting their site. The doctor I see has NEVER tried to sell me anything...not a single supplement. This says alot to me. If you are so concerned why not speak your mind w/out continuing to promote this company? If you truelly have nothing to gain why not just suggest the tests and not the lab and doctor providing them?

thomas3000 Rookie

Best of luck to you Rachel.. :D

aikiducky Apprentice
Best of luck to you Rachel.. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you ask me, this reply speaks volumes...

Pauliina

thomas3000 Rookie

Ok Rachel,

Go to diagnos-techs or great smokies again. Doesn't matter to me, but get tested again..How long have you been gluten free? Sometimes it takes months after the gut starts to heal and these infections will start to surface. I urge all of you with celiac to test for these buggers. Like I said, I'm not affiliated with any lab, so I encourage all of you to find a lab that tests for parasites and other infections. Make sure the stool test contains 4-5 stool samples and collect around a full moon. It has been proven that parasites are more active around a full moon..Sounds weird but it's true. Parasites are animals and lunar changes influence behavior. Damn, it's sucks caring about the well-being of others...Never thought it would hurt my feelings..

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Thanks for your concern Thomas. Honestly I have no interest in testing again....its very costly and I've already got the results I needed. I've been gluten free for over 4 months now sooo...if they were hiding somewhere I'm sure they woulda come out by now. I also tested twice previously with negative results. Parasites may not be visible in the stool but in the presence of parasites there are also eggs...which would likely show up at some point. I've done plenty of research on candida and parasites and I have a doctor who is knowledgeable on the subject. If symptoms do appear I know all about cleanses, diet, natural and rx antifungals so I think I'll manage ok. The only reason I'd consider retesting is if nothing else was working and I was still experiencing symptoms. To date...nothing has relieved symptoms like the gluten-free diet has. I was nearly on my death bed in April with severe depression on top of it....simply changing my diet caused dramatic improvement within one weeks time. I don't think parasites played a role here since almost complete recovery from symptoms came so quickly and in the absence of antifungals or supplements of any kind. Once again...thanks for your concern.

BTW...you are much nicer on the board than you are in your private messages.

thomas3000 Rookie

Ok, I'll leave you alone, I only have one more question. Did you collect multiple stool samples and have bloodwork? Just curious.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Ok, I'll leave you alone, I only have one more question.  Did you collect multiple stool samples and have bloodwork?  Just curious.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

*sigh* Yes...I filled up several of those small speciman bottles...over a 3 day period plus gave normal stool sample. Like I said, I've repeated this procedure 3 times now. Please don't ask me if the moon was full when I did this because I forgot to check. I've also done one blood test.

I think we are done now.

Take Care :)

Lisa Mentor

"FULL MOON"?....... Rachel, you can hold your own pretty darn good.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
"FULL MOON"?....... Rachel, you can hold your own pretty darn good.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL...yeah...I may be only 100 lbs. right now but at least I'm still strong on the inside. ;)

thomas3000 Rookie

Is there any way to erase this thread? I didn't mean to start a war. GEEEEZZZ!!!Why doesn't everybody calm the heck down? I'm only stating facts through education and research. Boy oh boy, I feel like the world is against me...I truly care about people and that's why I posted this thread. . I know from experience that conventional medicine is lacking in certain areas, mainly preventative medicine. I certainly don't appreciate smart ass remarks from people who don't have the credentials to state medical opinions. I'm an educated man who has seen many conditions completely reversed through the use of functional diagnostic testing. That's why I came to this website, TO HELP OTHERS!! Not to scam anyone out of money. If anything, you should sue the docs who misdiagnosed you for the years that you have been sick..Even my friends believe that you can live however you want until you become ill and docs will prescribe a pill to take the pain away...It doesn't work that way...I'm just trying to tell people if you still have symptoms even after going gluten free, there's more work to be done..That's all I'm saying...The "FULL MOON"comment was a shot that wasn't appreciated, since I have the documentation to prove otherwise.

Archived