MitziG

Question About Test Results- And Help Deciphering Foot Pain!

Rate this topic

My 8 yo just had follow up blood work done 15 mos post dx. TTG was finally negative at 3 (last check was still elevated) EMA was still positive. They never did EMA on myself or dd, so I guess I am unsure if this is a test I can expect to stay positive, or will it eventually drop to 0?

Everything else looked pretty good- his elevated TSH dropped considerably and is now within normal- I attribute that to being casein free. It kept going up steadily for 10 mos prior to going off casein. I will keep an eye on it. TPO antibodies also dropped.

Hemoglobin was good, well within normal, and ferritin came up as well too. Total iron was lower though- anyone explain why? He was severely anemic a year ago so trying to keep tabs.

So, his depression and anxiety are gone, hyperactivity is much better, scotopic sensitivity improving...we are making progress.

The only remaining issue is the never ending foot pain. His feet hurt almost constantly, much worse if he is glutened. Now he complains about having electric shock sensations though in his feet. B12 is very good, A E, D and K are also good.

His doctor seems to dismiss it...but I am not. What should our next stp be? Podiatrist or neurologist?

Where does his foot hurt? My son complains of foot pain in his heel and goes up his leg a little. I took him to the dr and they said it was just growing pains. I don't know if I believe them!

It is the soles of his feet, mostly the ball. And I don't believe growing pains exist! When I get glutened, my feet and legs ache so badly I have to soak in a hot bath for hours, just to keep from crying!

I know that other parents on here have talked about their kiddos getting diagnosed or looked at for JRA before finally getting a Celiac diagnosis, and it turned out that the gluten was causing painful joint inflammation very similar to RA.

However, growing pains are very real. My husband would get them, always at night, usually in his feet, knees, hips, and lower back, and then he would shoot up or change shoe sizes in the next several days. My son used to get them too, and has been showing some evidence of them in concurrence with this growth spurt we are finally having after a year of no growth. His are all in the same places as my husband and he only complains to me about them at night, and I can tell that he has just outgrown his 18 month onesie in a few days, so I really do believe it is from growing.

However, if your kiddos complain of them and then don't grow, they are probably not growing pains, which are very specific.

Has he been checked for lyme disease?I *think* I've read about some people getting those electric shock feelings...just an idea!!