3 replies to this topic

#1 EmiPark210

EmiPark210

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:25 PM

Starting on Thursday, I'm going to be staying with my cousin, aunt and uncle in Vegas for about a week. My cousin is graduating from college so there are going to be about 30 people in the house during the day and for a lot of the meals, especially during the weekend. I'm bringing foil, soy sauce, cutting boards, and pastas to get me through till my parents will be there on Saturday and we can go to the grocery store. They're being really great about listening to what needs to happen including finding gluten free cupcakes for the graduation celebration and notifying the restaurant (they already have a gluten-free menu) and asking lots of questions. And I'm already planning on spending a lot of time in the kitchen so I know exactly what's safe and what's not.

Is there anything I'm missing?

IBS Diagnosis: 2010

Celiac blood results: 2/21/13 Positive

Biopsy: 4/19/13 - visually positive, 4/23/13 - positive

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

What about a strainer? I have one that is smaller and more of a scooper (kinda like a ladle) i use when i've only made a little bit.

#3 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:03 PM

Sounds like you're armed and dangerous to wicked gluten.    Way to go!!!    My only suggestion would be to  add easy snacks, like sunflower seeds or nuts.

Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#4 kareng

kareng

Yum!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,977 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:29 AM

I'm thinking like Marilyn- some filling snacks.  More than you could need just incase things don't work out the way you think it will.

"You have problems.  There are not enough paper clips, and then you've got world hunger.  Your problems are somewhere in between." -DPR,III

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

purring-kitty-smiley-emoticon.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: