Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

A List Of gluten-free Restaurants - Unconfirmed/confirmed.

applebees gluten free chain restaurants red lobster logans roadhouse restaurants

• Please log in to reply

32 replies to this topic

#16 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

I've had good luck with texas roadhouse grill.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 rene83

rene83

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

If you are in southern California 2 great places for pizza that are GREAT with gluten-free are:

AJ Bariles Chicago pizza in Yucaipa CA

Bill's Pizza in Palms Springs CA

#18 Peggy Tye

Peggy Tye

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:28 AM

What about in Canada????

#19 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,235 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:29 AM

What about in Canada????

Anyone can add to this list, even people in Canada.  :D

There have been many threads on here about places to eat.  Maybe if you used the google function in the top right corner?

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#20 Denine

Denine

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:09 AM

We have had good luck with Macaroni Grill.

#21 anti-soprano

anti-soprano

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:28 PM

My favorite quick spots are: 

Chick-fil-a (as far as I know this is regional to the South).  They don't put anything in their fryers but fries and their grilled chicken is gluten-free as well as many side items.  

Chipotle: Most of their food is gluten-free.  Get the bowl- obviously.  Oddly the guac is not gluten-free.  

Five Guys Burgers and Fries (can't live without it).  Employees are trained in how to handle food for gluten "allergies".  Fries are the only thing to go in their fryers. I feel very safe at this restaurant.

Of course, depending on your sensitivity, you can ask for them to change gloves (5 guys does it as part of their training).  I have never gotten glutened at any of these places and some times I have asked them to change gloves and sometimes I haven't asked for it and things works out fine.  Traveling in the south quite a bit, I've been to many different locations (but only one Chipotle).  

#22 GlutenStinks15

GlutenStinks15

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:31 AM

I've only been gluten free for a month now, but have dined out.

Outback Steakhouse - I know a few of you have mentioned it already - but just want to say how SAFE I felt dining there. Even the server knew my meal was gluten free which means the waitress told the chef who told the server.

Pizzeria Uno's - was very impressed with the options and with the fact that it's in their regular menu and didn't have to ask for a special menu when I got there.

I've also found that smaller mom and pop diner/restaurant/pub places will do a lot to accomodate me --  more so than the bigger chains.

Supposedly McDonald's french fry fryers are ONLY for the fries, but I haven't gotten up the nerve to try them yet.

Celiac disease April 2013 -- so glad I got answers and can heal now.

Love Red Apple Lipstick!

#23 Nikki2777

Nikki2777

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:49 PM

Chipotle: Most of their food is gluten-free.  Get the bowl- obviously.  Oddly the guac is not gluten-free

Really? I thought the flour tortillas were the only thing not gluten-free at chipotle. Is that new?

#24 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,235 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:59 PM

Chipotle: Most of their food is gluten-free.  Get the bowl- obviously.  Oddly the guac is not gluten-free

Really? I thought the flour tortillas were the only thing not gluten-free at chipotle. Is that new?

Not according to their website.

http://www.chipotle....nformation.aspx

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#25 Lightforth

Lightforth

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:38 PM

I can confirm Red Lobster. My adoptive mom is celiac (and I'm just starting to eat gluten free), and it's one of our favorite places to eat. They have a gluten free menu she requests every time we go there. She's never had a problem with getting sick from there, so they seem to be pretty good about watching out for cross-contamination as well. Or at least, the particular restaurant we go to is. 

Here is their allergy information webpage with a downloadable PDF. 

http://www.redlobste...health/allergy/

Plus Red Lobster is really awesome in general with special requests, and you can make up your own menu if you want. 

#26 Nikki2777

Nikki2777

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:40 AM

Not according to their website.

http://www.chipotle....nformation.aspx

Hi Kareng - I'm confused - the link goes to a page that says only the tortillas have wheat and gluten.

Am I reading it wrong?

#27 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,235 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:33 AM

Hi Kareng - I'm confused - the link goes to a page that says only the tortillas have wheat and gluten.
Am I reading it wrong?

Right. And the guacamole is gluten-free, too. Someone was saying it had gluten. According to their website, it is gluten-free.

It looks like you are saying the guac was gluten-free but maybe you were just repeating another poster? 

dancing-turkey.gif

#28 Lizanne

Lizanne

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:49 PM

I have eaten at many different UNO's with great experiences.  My local UNO's is very educated.  I've been to others where the server may not be the expert but they always call over the manager who puts me at ease. 

Carrabba's is excellent as well. They have a separate gluten-free menu with many of their regular dishes on it.  They are also very educated and make me feel comfortable and welcome.

Gluten-Free Since July 2012

#29 SMRI

SMRI

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:26 AM

I am eating at Texas Roadhouse on Sunday for a work thing.  I love Texas Roadhouse, but sadly, it looks like it will be my last time there.  I have to be officially gluten-free next week so I have one more shot but I was looking on their website to find a gluten-free menu and found this :

http://www.texasroad...luten-free-menu

Basically they said since it's too hard for them to keep the kitchen gluten-free, they are no longer offering gluten-free foods...

#30 gilligan

gilligan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:41 PM

Guac is gluten free at my Chipotle.  I eat there all the time.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: