Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:10 PM
I make something similar to this--serve with corn chips
Sorry I am too late for tonight's poker game, but maybe you can use it next time?
Hope you're having a winning night. I love to play cards.
get some Green's, Bard's or New Planet beer to go with.
also, you could make these gluten-free Pizza Bombs
aka Gluten-Free Pao de Queijo “Chebe-Style” Pizza Rolls
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ cup tapioca flour/starch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ to ½ tsp pizza seasoning or Italian seasoning (or to taste)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (or favorite gluten-free pizza cheese or blend)
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 cup of favorite pizza toppings, pre-cooked, drained, and cut into small pieces (e.g., pepperoni, mushrooms, green peppers, onions)
- Pizza sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add eggs to large bowl. Beat slightly. Add other ingredients in order shown, stirring some after each addition. (Stir gently when adding tapioca flour as it tends to “jump” out of the bowl.) Once all ingredients have been added, stir well until ingredients are fully incorporated. I like to use a wooden spoon (gotta keep up one’s hand and arm strength).
- With lightly greased hands, form dough into balls about 1 ½ to 2 inches in diameter and place on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart. At this point, you can flatten the dough balls with your hands some if you wish, but I usually just leave mine “as is” to get more of the “bomb” effect (than roll effect). I also think that the centers turn out chewier this way.
- Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool just a bit and then remove from baking sheet. Add to individual platter or plates and serve with pizza sauce (or sauce of choice) for dipping. Giving each person his/her own small container of dipping sauce will prevent that always present “double dipping” concern.
Makes about 15 “bombs,” about 2 ½ to 3 inches in diameter.
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir
"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy
"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington
“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport
"Do or do not. There is no try. "- Yoda.
"LTES" Gem 2014
Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac 11/01/10. Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.