Photo
- - - - -

Sick, Shocked And Scared

newbie tylenol heart attack liver biopsy

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,075 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:17 AM

Hi Bianacad,

Being hypothyroid could certainly cause some of your symptoms.  Hashimoto's thyroiditis is something celiacs get sometimes.  It is an auto-immune attack on the thyroid.  Vitamins and minerals being low can also cause many symptoms.

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 0range

0range

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:36 PM

You can have wonky thyroid results if you have Celiac (and vice-versa)... sometimes you have an additional (thyroid) autoimmune disease, like Hashimoto's or Graves, and other times it's untreated Celiac causing problems elsewhere. I have Hashi's and had extreme symptoms very similar to yours (shortness of breath, memory loss, paresthesia, you name it!) and ended up in emergency a few times -- but I was on a thyroid medication dose that was not right for me. I hope you find some answers soon!

Canadian undergraduate student in 3rd year, studying Psychology and Speech Communication. Hoping to go into rehabilitation sciences!  B)

Dx with: 

Hashimoto's thyroiditis - 22/09/12

benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (bppv) - 18/05/13

irritable bowel syndrome - 21/06/13 

HLA-DQ8 gene ~ heterozygous (moderate risk for celiac) - 29/11/13

-> underwent a colonoscopy on 24/08/13, showed mild focal colitis + lymphoid hyperplasia (aka inflammation) in terminal ileum

#18 Juliebove

Juliebove

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:45 AM

Are you on any medications?  I just read about something last night but can't remember what it is called.  It's a very rare side effect that can happen with some medications and most Drs. are clueless about it.  It can cause swelling in any part of the body.  But when it causes swelling inside of you such as your lungs, stomach or various organs, it can cause shortness of breath.  Not saying that this is what you have but it's possible.

#19 biancad

biancad

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:35 PM

I'm not on any medications. I will see the liver doc and a immunologist in the next two weeks. Overall am feeling better though I begin to have foot and joint pain along with "attack" symptoms when I get glutened. I was shocked to find out that Trader Joe's pink salt is processed on a machine that processes wheat. Also, sashimi can still be cross contaminated from a cutting board or towels the sushi chefs use. I may never eat out again! I knocks me back over and over! 

I'm beginning to wonder if I shouldn't try an SCD diet for six months since I seem unable to eat grains, soy, coconut, dairy, eggs, honey, many fruits, tomatoes, etc. My diet is so limited and restricted right now. Frankly, I'm afraid of food at this point.

I've read that it may take a year to recover and being to add some of the above items back in but I really wonder if anyone fully recovers on a gluten free diet or if there will always be some lingering fatigue and stomach issues. ugh!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: