3 replies to this topic

#1 BlessedMommy

BlessedMommy

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:22 PM

Any good ones that you could share? I'm kind of bored with my current ones. They can have tofu, since we have no soy issues in our house. Recipes with cheese are welcome as well, as there are a couple of dairy free cheese shreds that I like.

~Ruth

Gluten free since 2/14/2010 after suffering a rare and serious complication from my gluten challenge

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 LauraTX

LauraTX

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:56 PM

I like to do the thing where you get zuchinni and slice it long ways, so you have lasagna noodle shaped slices instead of noodles. For the meat like layer I get veggies chopped up really small, and sauteed in a pan until they are soft.  Mushrooms, carrots, cauliflower, squash, and zuchinni work well.  Add a little sauce to them and make those the meaty layer.  I use ricotta cheese in one layer, I don't know if there are any DF alternatives to it- I would think you could do something like it with tofu but out of my expertise area.  But definitely to replace meat go for the meaty mushrooms and use maybe more than one kind.  I am a big mushroom fan :)  I also like lots and lots of garlic.  Mmmm!

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 KCG91

KCG91

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 03:31 AM

My mum's veggie lasagne is... *mwah* Haha!
Once you've made your tomato sauce, add 2-3 cans of either red kidney beans, chickpeas, lentils, fava beans - whatever you have to hand and however much you need. I usually use a can of chopped tomatoes in the sauce plus 3 bean cans for a large lasagne. It does call for lasagne sheets although I think sliced aubergine would work well too. It sounds simple but with the right flavouring it's so good...in fact I think I might have to have it for dinner!

Katie

Diagnosed with Coeliac and severe anaemia in September 2013

Gluten free 11/10/13

#4 RiceGuy

RiceGuy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:43 AM

If you need it to be dairy-free, one idea I tried which was really tasty was to use pureed coconut instead of cheese. Might sound strange but it really was delicious. Of course, I happen to like coconut quite a bit :)

There's also spinach lasagna, which gives good flavor and can make up for the absence of meat.

A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: