This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Non-Food Products - Personal Care & Cleaning

peppyking

peppyking Apprentice

Are these okay? 

Dawn dish soap with oil of olay

Tide

Shout

Softsoap hand soap with aloe

Also, my 3 year old (diagnosed w celiac) loves the little girl lipgloss and nail polish (non toxic, no strong smells) sets that they sell at Target and Toys R Us. Is there a specific brand I can buy her? I tried emailing the company on her "Frozen" makeup set and never heard back.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ravenwoodglass Mentor

I don't use Shout but do use all the other products with no problems. 

You may want to try and find a phone number for the 'Frozen' products or see if you can find a safe lip gloss for her. Some companies make nice 'chapstick' type products that have a bit of color and are safe. 

cyclinglady Grand Master

Kids love those round EOS lip balms. They come in many flavors and are gluten free. We use them.

Serielda Enthusiast

For hygene I do know of the following

Acure bath wash and shampoo and conditioner and bars of soap are gluten-free.

Andalou unless otherwise  noted are safe.

Nourish essentials

Hugo naturals

some of the Everyone brand is cleared.

Eos as mentioned.

Desert essence makes some toothpastes that are gluten-free and sls free.

Nourish essentials stick deoderant

Lahes roll on is  gluten-free

Hugo essentials deodorant* i personally did not care for it but some do

as for around the house I do know again some of the Everyone's brand is cool.

peppyking Apprentice

Thank you for the tips! This is all so overwhelming.

GF Lover Rising Star

Your detergents should be fine because they don't get in your mouth.  With the hand soap, it would depend on how well she rinses her hands.  For any play make-up sets and lip color, they should be gluten free because of her age (only because it may get in her mouth :).  Adults typically only need to be concerned with lip color and face lotion.  

Colleen

peppyking Apprentice

Updating, in case someone else checks this link in the future...

Whole Foods had several brands of cosmetics that are gluten free. I was able to buy her sparkling lipgloss and blush for her ballet recital. She put the lipgloss on every 10 minutes this evening, and fell asleep with it on her nightstand:)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cyclinglady Grand Master

Priceless!

Archived