15 replies to this topic

#16 AndreaB

AndreaB

November 2008

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 12:19 PM

I lived on Cap Hill for several years...now I live in Bellingham (1.5 hours north). I don't miss Seattle traffic, noise, or smell...but other than that. I miss Lake Union, and rowing, and restaurants that are open late, and "Whole Paycheck..." I mean, Whole Foods.

B-ham is great, though. Got the fresh air, enough dogs to satisfy anyone (even me), trails, mountains, skiing, Vancouver BC...yeah, I like Bellingham.

All you Seattle-area-ites should make a trip up here and we can all go on a Celiac hike in the Chuckanuts.

Welcome, anyway, though I see it was months ago you started this post.

Yeah, Seattle! (I read that Seattle was voted #2 good eatin by PETA - lost to San Francisco but beat out New York for place 2...never mind PETA makes me cranky, that's another story.)

Bully4You,

I like Bellingham as well. I went to WWU for 2 + years up there. Very pretty area. Now I live about 30 minutes from Vancouver WA. Another pretty area but not as picturesque as Bellingham. I would love to try and get to NE Washington but jobs aren't very plentiful there and my hubby is the only income earner as I stay home with the kiddies.

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: