This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Any Natural Ways To Cure Gastric Trouble

ebookmania

ebookmania Newbie

Hi friends, im new to this community anybody knows any natural way to cure gastric troubles if any suggestions plz post it here

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

chrissy Collaborator

i think you need to know the cause of the gastric troubles before trying to cure them with anything "natural". natural does not equal safe. some "natural" things can be more dangerous than "un-natural" meds.

BRUMI1968 Collaborator

Just a couple things:

1. peppermint is good for tummy aches

2. chamomile is good for calming down

3. a combo of those is good for tummy aches from stress

4. ginger is supposed to fight gas

those are all pretty safe - ginger can no doubt be overdone since it is "spicy", but I think the taste of it would warn you off.

a couple other things:

cayenne pepper stimulates stomach acid, so if you are low on stomach acid, sprinkle some cayenne over your food. Again, too much is probably no good, but would also taste bad.

black pepper stimulates the appetite, so if you have trouble feeling hungry, use appetitizers with black pepper on there.

That's all I can think of. THere are other things, but they are more "processed", such as licorice (I think it's called DGL) and Triphala (an Indian blend of things)...thus I agree somewhat with the last poster - you don't really want to just randomly take everything under the sun to fix your problem before you know what your problem is.

Take care.

-sherri

queenofhearts Explorer

As Sherri says, peppermint is soothing-- but be careful if your problem is heartburn or reflux, it can make it worse.

Ginger is renowned for curbing nausea, especially motion sickness.

But it is better to pin down the cause of your distress & attend to that rather than treating symptoms-- if you are gluten intolerant no treatment will help you as much as ridding yourself of gluten!

Leah

BRUMI1968 Collaborator

Thanks Leah - I didn't know about the reflux/heartburn thing with peppermint. That's why this board is so great...all together, we're an amazingly genious person!

queenofhearts Explorer
Thanks Leah - I didn't know about the reflux/heartburn thing with peppermint. That's why this board is so great...all together, we're an amazingly genious person!

I know what you mean! I've learned so much from you all.

There is somebody who has done a study showing that the amalgamated wisdom of a large group beats the "experts" in most fields... I'd be willing to bet we'd beat 99% of doctors!

Leah

oceangirl Collaborator
I know what you mean! I've learned so much from you all.

There is somebody who has done a study showing that the amalgamated wisdom of a large group beats the "experts" in most fields... I'd be willing to bet we'd beat 99% of doctors!

Leah

That's a brilliant concept- I like your style!

lisa

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

marciab Enthusiast

Papaya, mango and pineapple contain digestive enzymes that will help your stomach digest your foods. You can buy the papaya in a bottle at the health food store, but I felt better if I just ate the fruit.

Also, if you buy the fruit, you can dry the seeds in the oven at 250 degrees for about an hour and a half.

Let them cool completely. Then put them in a pepper grinder and put them on your food. Tastes like pepper and aids digestion.

Hot peppers are good for increasing your saliva. Start with mild and then build up your tolerance.

Do not drink anything with your meals. Your saliva contains digestive enzymes.

Chew your food thoroughly. This allows the digestive enzymes in your saliva to work on the foods first.

Use oils, such as EVOO, grapeseed oil, flax and borage to relieve constipation. Cooking these oils degrades them, so put them on your foods after they are cooked.

Don't I sound like someone who has stomach trouble ? :lol:

Archived