This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

elye Community Regular

"Take a shorter walk & see if things loosen up. Then you can go farther."

Agreed! Amazing what can happen to one's tired, stiff body once one is out there pounding along... . ... :)

Don't see any drunken post-wedding posts from Ray-shell! :(

YES, and I was hoping.. . . ..must keep checking back here....she doesn't have to be quite as careful on this thread as she does on Da Book, where all her fam and friends likely are and where she has just said that it was a beautiful wedding.. . .. .

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jestgar Rising Star

rant.gif

I just wanted to use this little guy. :)

Loey Rising Star

rant.gif

I just wanted to use this little guy. :)

awwww

love,

Loey

celiac-mommy Collaborator

Don't see any drunken post-wedding posts from Ray-shell! :(

I.Was.The.Designated.Driver... :blink:

I drank 2 mimosas in the morning and it was just enough to take the edge off, but I think having to also wrangle my 2 kids kept me occupied enough that I had NO downtime until it was literally time to walk down the aisle. It honestly was a lovely day. Tracy was radiant and the happiest I've ever seen her. Everything worked out perfectly. I had resigned myself to the fact that I was NOT the one marrying him and it's her life and all I can do is wish them well and move on!

Her best friend Joey is the BEST! I've known her since I was 9ish. We spent the 2 days making fun of everything, being totally obnoxious and had a great time! I think we were ticking Tracy off, but we basically told her to get over it, we weren't doing any harm and we were trying to enjoy ourselves!! :lol:

Sunday, I came out of my bedroom 3x. Once to get coffee and the paper, and 2x to eat. That's it!! It was GREAT!!!!

elye Community Regular

Sunday, I came out of my bedroom 3x. Once to get coffee and the paper, and 2x to eat. That's it!! It was GREAT!!!!

:) :)

Finally, a report! Sounds like a super day. . . .....excellent! ...And it's over!

kareng Grand Master

I'm glad for you that it all went well.

I'm a bit disappointed.... Was hoping for stories of drunken Father of the bride's girlfriend doing a strip tease or a groomsman falling on the cake.

I'm glad for you that it all went well.

I'm a bit disappointed.... Was hoping for stories of drunken Father of the bride's girlfriend doing a strip tease or a groomsman falling on the cake.

Ohhhhh, that.... Here's 2 stories

Preface: Dan and Kynde grew up together and dated all thru high school and college. Tracy and Kynde were housemates all through college. Dan and Kynde had a bad breakup. Tracy and Dan started dating a few years later, Kynde didn't take it well. They've all since made up, Kynde is happily married with an adorable little boy. Kynde was at the wedding....

-This guy gets up to make a toast, starts off with: "I first met Dan when he had just come out of this horrible relationship with this awful woman who made his life miserable..." Kynde was sitting right behind him... After the toast, she discretely got up and left the tent. After the toasts, Tracy and Dan went off to find her. Everything ended OK

The crazy stepmom got totally plastered-big surprise... Cornered me, told Max to go away so she could talk to me, blabbed on and on about how much she loves me and how much I hate her. Then she got a glimpse of my mom and rushed off to attack her and tell her how much she loves her and asked if she'd please, please work on me because she knows I hate her :lol: THEN, my dad comes over to get her wine glass bc they were trying to clean up and she didn't want to relinquish the glass but then suddenly she gave up the glass and then went over to the corner of the tent, grabbed a bottle of wine (THAT SHE STOLE FROM THE BAR!!!), and told my dad that the bartender gave it to her!! :lol::lol::lol: Crazy biotch!!

BUT- We're going to the beach again with them all in a few weeks, so I should have some good drunken stuff then!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

BUT- We're going to the beach again with them all in a few weeks, so I should have some good drunken stuff then!!

I don't know why you put yourself thru that! :blink:

Do you know anything about aortic valve replacements? My 83 yr old mom thinks she is getting one. I'm going to the doctor with her on Thur.

Jestgar Rising Star

For us. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Do you know anything about aortic valve replacements? My 83 yr old mom thinks she is getting one. I'm going to the doctor with her on Thur.

Me mum has had one.

kareng Grand Master

For us. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Me mum has had one.

Was it an open chest procedure? They say my mom can't have an open heart type thing. They are talking about some type of one thru the blood vessels? Just getting this from my mom so far, so don't really know what its about.

Jestgar Rising Star

hmmm. My mom had multiple bypasses at the same time, so open chest filled with ice.

I don't know about going through a vessel. Open Original Shared Link seems OK. Check out the percutaneous section at the bottom.

You'll hear about bio vs mechanical. Get the info on the risk/benefits of each.

Also try to find out why they would replace at 83. Is it completely failing? With medical management could she function for 10 more years?

kareng Grand Master

hmmm. My mom had multiple bypasses at the same time, so open chest filled with ice.

I don't know about going through a vessel. Open Original Shared Link seems OK. Check out the percutaneous section at the bottom.

You'll hear about bio vs mechanical. Get the info on the risk/benefits of each.

Also try to find out why they would replace at 83. Is it completely failing? With medical management could she function for 10 more years?

My mom suddenly has decided to get things, that she should have fixed 15-20 years ago, fixed. About a year ago, she found a doc to replace 1 hip against her GP, heart and old orthopod docs advice.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to write them down & bring them up at the appointment.

To quote Matt & J " Parents can be sooooo frustrating!"

Was it an open chest procedure? They say my mom can't have an open heart type thing. They are talking about some type of one thru the blood vessels? Just getting this from my mom so far, so don't really know what its about.

I saw an AVR this morning :) They are done with a complete sternotomy-split down the middle. They can do a mitral replacement by robot which only leaves a small scar on the left side of the body. We see patients who are well into their 80's on a regular basis. As long as they're in decent shape, not a serious risk of dying on the table. There are a few centers who do the percutaneous AVR, but it's not a standard procedure yet... Which hospital would she be going to?

kareng Grand Master

I saw an AVR this morning :) They are done with a complete sternotomy-split down the middle. They can do a mitral replacement by robot which only leaves a small scar on the left side of the body. We see patients who are well into their 80's on a regular basis. As long as they're in decent shape, not a serious risk of dying on the table. There are a few centers who do the percutaneous AVR, but it's not a standard procedure yet... Which hospital would she be going to?

I think St Lukes in KC, MO. But not sure. She had the hip replacement and was a mess - crazy blood sugars, fluid retention, heart irregularities. She barely walks because, even tho she got the hip replaced she doesn't exercise it and her knee is a mess. I'll let you know what they say on Thur.

I think St Lukes in KC, MO. But not sure. She had the hip replacement and was a mess - crazy blood sugars, fluid retention, heart irregularities. She barely walks because, even tho she got the hip replaced she doesn't exercise it and her knee is a mess. I'll let you know what they say on Thur.

I found this article and read some of the article in the New England Journal of Medicine. Looks like St. Lukes is one of the participating centers for this procedure...

kareng Grand Master

I found this article and read some of the article in the New England Journal of Medicine. Looks like St. Lukes is one of the participating centers for this procedure...

Thanks!

kareng Grand Master

My niece is a journalism major. She has to write an article about the HPV vaccine. She needs a quote from someone who has vaccinated a boy. It's hard to find a boy because insurance won't pay for it. Anyway, If any of you know someone who would talk to her pm me. I'm going to ask around the neighborhood. Not trying to start a debate. :)

Jestgar Rising Star

Good luck finding that.

Someone here in the lab mentioned an article that shows an association with HPV and throat and neck cancers, so it may become an insurable vaccine eventually.

My niece is a journalism major. She has to write an article about the HPV vaccine. She needs a quote from someone who has vaccinated a boy. It's hard to find a boy because insurance won't pay for it. Anyway, If any of you know someone who would talk to her pm me. I'm going to ask around the neighborhood. Not trying to start a debate. :)

Max isn't old enough yet, but I'd probably do it.

Jestgar Rising Star

I bought a Kindle!

One of the new $80 ones.

Now I just have to figure out what to do with it. :ph34r: :ph34r:

kareng Grand Master

I bought a Kindle!

One of the new $80 ones.

You download chicken stories like "Chicken Little" and read bedtime stories to the chickies.

mushroom Proficient

I bought a Kindle!

One of the new $80 ones.

I bought an Ipad and so far all I have figured out to do with it is play Majjong :o I am supposed to be able to operate all AV equipment in the house with it - I guess they have to do something to it first :blink:

Darn210 Enthusiast

Jess, take a look at the "Kindle Daily Deal" on Amazon. Everyday, they discount one of the ebooks so that you can get it for a pretty cheap price. You can sign up to get a daily email or just check it daily.

Love my kindle . . . but I still get books at the library and buy cheap paperbacks at yard sales.

Oh . . . and our library just added the ability to check out kindle ebooks but there aren't too many titles yet.

Jestgar Rising Star

Nice, I found a fun book for free. :)

Have spent the day cooking (not studying :ph34r: ) and just stuffed my self with shrimp quinoa salad. In just a bit here I'll take the bean soup out of the crockpot and put in chili.

Have roasted root veggies, stuffed taters, barbecued pork (crocked overnight and baked for bit wif BBQ sauce), a bowl of pork still in the frig, lentils and rice in the freezer, extra rice in the frig, and I'm sure I'm forgetting something. Oh, a couple more sweet potatoes cooked in the frig.

kareng Grand Master

Nice, I found a fun book for free. :)

Have spent the day cooking (not studying :ph34r: ) and just stuffed my self with shrimp quinoa salad. In just a bit here I'll take the bean soup out of the crockpot and put in chili.

Have roasted root veggies, stuffed taters, barbecued pork (crocked overnight and baked for bit wif BBQ sauce), a bowl of pork still in the frig, lentils and rice in the freezer, extra rice in the frig, and I'm sure I'm forgetting something. Oh, a couple more sweet potatoes cooked in the frig.

Well..that exhausted me!

I went to PF Changs!

Actually, it was kind of hot to cook today! 86 and humidity is up. Lots of clouds but no rain.

Archived