Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 06:55 PM

artist mixes real and drawn
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#45182 kareng

kareng

Yum!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,810 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:10 PM

artist mixes real and drawn

Hub & I loved these! Haven't showed them to the boys but I will. We looked to see how much but we really shouldn't be buying art with a kid about to go to college.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

Someone told me I was delusional.  I almost fell off my unicorn.

fantasy-unicorn-15.gif

#45183 curlyfries

curlyfries

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 07:10 AM

I have no idea what's going to happen with school tomorrow. Sidewalks/bus stops are solid ice . . . as are most of the roads in my neighborhood. Thru roads are fine and dandy.

So was there school today, or is your school district the one with the 2 hour delay?

No school for me. Was quite surprised by that.

Hubby and son-in-law tried to shovel the driveway. Only got a small strip between the cars and the garage door. <_<
~~Lisa~~

"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."--Moliere

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."--Douglas Adams

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!--Amanda

gluten-free since 1/08
Posted Image

#45184 kareng

kareng

Yum!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,810 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 07:19 AM

Ours went to school today! Still really cold but the schools are all shovelled now. We only had a small coating of ice.

LTES

fantasy-unicorn-15.gif

#45185 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 07:46 AM

So was there school today, or is your school district the one with the 2 hour delay?

No school for me. Was quite surprised by that.

Hubby and son-in-law tried to shovel the driveway. Only got a small strip between the cars and the garage door. <_<

We had a 2-hr delay.

Hubby and I worked on drive last night . . . this was after we paid someone a pile of money to salt and plow it (he told us it would take at least 2 applications but we weren't willing to pay that much). . . we wouldn't have stood a chance if he hadn't got a start for us but we still only got about half done. Side walk (to the bus stop) is solid ice and we have no salt to put down to soften it up a bit . . . and apparently none of the hardware stores do either . . . all the salt is stuck in Chicago.

Headed off to go get my tire fixed . . . I'll see you there, Lisa.
Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Posted Image

#45186 kareng

kareng

Yum!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,810 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:53 AM

We had a 2-hr delay.

Hubby and I worked on drive last night . . . this was after we paid someone a pile of money to salt and plow it (he told us it would take at least 2 applications but we weren't willing to pay that much). . . we wouldn't have stood a chance if he hadn't got a start for us but we still only got about half done. Side walk (to the bus stop) is solid ice and we have no salt to put down to soften it up a bit . . . and apparently none of the hardware stores do either . . . all the salt is stuck in Chicago.

Headed off to go get my tire fixed . . . I'll see you there, Lisa.

I had a big box of Kosher salt and one of pickling salt. Hub used those once because there was no ice melt to be found. :P

LTES

fantasy-unicorn-15.gif

#45187 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:35 AM

Low tire . . . from a staple!!! . . . I didn't see the staple but must of been one BigAss staple!! Hopefully that's the end of it and no more trips to the gas station for air.
Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Posted Image

#45188 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:38 AM

Fab. I had a low tire (ok, completely flat) from a furniture leg. http://www.tablelegs...html?cPath=9_38
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#45189 mimommy

mimommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:54 AM

Well helloooo psillyville :) I was just tootin round the forums looking for info and couldn't leave without popping in and saying hi!
How is everybody doing in the great blizzard of '11? We only got about 9 inches here, not too bad--at one point they were predicting 15-20 inches so we got lucky. The roads were cleared by the next night and it was much adieux about nothing. I know others didn't get that lucky, tho :(
Not much going on with us--same ole same ole.
We are thinking about the possibility of a job related transfer overseas--that's what I was looking for info about. There may be a slim possibility of hubby's job temporarily relocating to Italy--we'll see.
Other than that, nothing new.
How are all of you all?? Missed you guys :D

#45190 celiac-mommy

celiac-mommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:58 AM

There may be a slim possibility of hubby's job temporarily relocating to Italy--we'll see.
How are all of you all?? Missed you guys :D

Wow, Italy!! That'd be a great adventure! We've looked at Maine, Virginia and Kansas City most recently. Nothing's materialized yet. I was actually hoping for the Maine one even though I REALLY don't want to move :rolleyes:

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

#45191 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:05 PM

possibility of hubby's job temporarily relocating to Italy

:lol: :lol: ....nothing new other than a possible move to Italy!

Nice to see you, minimommy :D
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#45192 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:07 PM

Wow, Italy!! That'd be a great adventure! We've looked at Maine, Virginia and Kansas City most recently. Nothing's materialized yet. I was actually hoping for the Maine one even though I REALLY don't want to move :rolleyes:

Hold the phone :o If you move to Maine, we actually have a chance of meeting in person!!!!! :D :D :D
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#45193 celiac-mommy

celiac-mommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:09 PM

Hold the phone :o If you move to Maine, we actually have a chance of meeting in person!!!!! :D :D :D

Oh, we will meet someday, mark my words! Y'all are on my bucket list ;) Forgot to add Boston. I nay'd that one but am regretting a bit. Hub's didn't want the Maine one, so after I found a good neighborhood, good school and fabulous house, he decided not to post for it :rolleyes:

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

#45194 mimommy

mimommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:10 PM

It really does sound pretty exciting, but I don't want to get too worked up yet. There is still only a slim chance that it will happen, but the reality seems to be closer than I thought so I guess I should start gathering some info on how to feed my daughter while there. Who knows--it may only be hubs that gets to go, or maybe not at all. We just don't know yet. I was hoping he'd be asked to relocate to Portland and even secretly wishing his company would open an office in Canada, but no such luck.
I've never been to Maine but we've always wanted to go. My husband had to go to Virginia Beach for a conference last fall and I keep kicking myself for not just spending the money (read: "racking up the credit card") and going along--I've been promising to take my daughter to the wild horse refuge for years.
Are you guys hoping for a transfer?

#45195 mimommy

mimommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:13 PM

Nice to see you, minimommy :D

Nice to "see" you too Padts! Gosh how I've missed talking to you guys...sigh.
So, did I just read that you're in Maine now?! No more big tex-ass air conditioning bills for yew?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: