51026 replies to this topic

#45196 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:13 PM

Oh, we will meet someday, mark my words! Y'all are on my bucket list ;) Forgot to add Boston. I nay'd that one but am regretting a bit. Hub's didn't want the Maine one, so after I found a good neighborhood, good school and fabulous house, he decided not to post for it :rolleyes:

Gee, Boston would have worked too.....well living in the New York City area is pretty cool ;) And if Philly come up, I'm there a couple weekends a month at least.

Just sayin.... B)
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#45197 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:15 PM

Halloooooo, Raye-chull! We have missed you here. .. . . .... . . please come by more often! :)

Fab. I had a low tire (ok, completely flat) from a furniture leg. http://www.tablelegs...html?cPath=9_38

:huh: Um...... . . Jeez, two questions, at least to start with.. .. . . .... . when would anyone ever need one of these add-on furniture legs? Doesn't most of one's furniture have, um.. . .enough legs? Like, four, usually. . . ...?
What would ever possess an individual to add yet another leg to his/her table, armoir, chair? Man, that ol' desk o' mine looks like it just needs somethin. . . ...... . . .not a coat of paint... .. ...not new handles.. . . .. HEY! ANOTHER LEG! That's the ticket! Perhaps TWO new legs. . . ..... . it'll be a whole new piece of furniture, and could perhaps just change my whole life!

And, uh, question number two - - Jyess, strange and rare as these add-on appendages must be, how in hell did you manage to not just find one, but RUN INTO it with your car?? :huh:

:lol:
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#45198 mimommy

mimommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:21 PM

Halloooooo, Raye-chull! We have missed you here. .. . . .... . . please come by more often! :)

:huh: Um...... . . Jeez, two questions, at least to start with.. .. . . .... . when would anyone ever need one of these add-on furniture legs? Doesn't most of one's furniture have, um.. . .enough legs? Like, four, usually. . . ...?
What would ever possess an individual to add yet another leg to his/her table, armoir, chair? Man, that ol' desk o' mine looks like it just needs somethin. . . ...... . . .not a coat of paint... .. ...not new handles.. . . .. HEY! ANOTHER LEG! That's the ticket! Perhaps TWO new legs. . . ..... . it'll be a whole new piece of furniture, and could perhaps just change my whole life!

And, uh, question number two - - Jyess, strange and rare as these add-on appendages must be, how in hell did you manage to not just find one, but RUN INTO it with your car?? :huh:

Hi Em. So nice to read you again, luv. You're still just as silly as ever :D I don't why, but this whole post just had me picturing the "three-legged jeans" spoof on Saturday Night live :lol:

#45199 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:49 PM

? Missed you guys :D

Well hell Rachel!!! No need to miss us!!! You know where to find us . . . every friggin' day!!! :lol:

Gosh how I've missed talking to you guys...sigh.

Yeah . . . like I said . . . :P

I vote for Maine . . . who ever is lookin' . . . at least in the summer!! It was GoreJuss!!!

Every time hubby has anyone talking to him about transfering (I don't think he'll leave this company voluntarily), we look at houses we could afford. I don't think we'll ever leave the midwest. We can't afford this house in any other part of the country.
Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Posted Image

#45200 celiac-mommy

celiac-mommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:55 PM

I was hoping he'd be asked to relocate to Portland and even secretly wishing his company would open an office in Canada, but no such luck.

Are you guys hoping for a transfer?

Portland Oregon? That's (about) where I am!!

He's hoping for a transfer. I am not. He wants to post for a promotion. That would entail moving, and I'm the one holding him back...

Gee, Boston would have worked too.....well living in the New York City area is pretty cool ;) And if Philly come up, I'm there a couple weekends a month at least.

Just sayin.... B)

GTK ;)

:huh: Um...... . . Jeez, two questions, at least to start with.. .. . . .... . when would anyone ever need one of these add-on furniture legs?

I need a new one pher my ottoman. Darned leg just busted right off and Gorilla Glue just isn't doin it's job!

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

#45201 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,310 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:16 PM

Maybe we could all move to Maine! Take it over. Make it the gluten free homeland! I'ld suggest you all move here to Kansas but it would take too much money to detox it from wheat.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#45202 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:18 PM

Maybe we could all move to Maine! Take it over. Make it the gluten free homeland!

I'm in--most of our stuff is still in storage from the last move so it'll be easy :P
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#45203 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:48 PM

I'ld suggest you all move here to Kansas but it would take too much money to detox it from wheat.

Yup, that would be a main concern up here in WWC - - World Wheat Central.. . .......
:rolleyes:
Emily

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

#45204 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 05:20 PM

Well, already in CT so I'm kinda ....near.... Maine. I'm down for Psillytown!!

Oh my God New Englanders are stupid. So my job is a company that sells cars at auction, and 80% of them are totalled cars from insurance companies right? Which means that when the weather is bad we are very, very busy. And these FREAKIN vehicles owners and these FREAKIN insurance people keep calling us to ask why we haven't been picking up cars!! Could it be that we have the same number of drivers but more than twice as many cars as in the summer? Or could it be that it WONT STOP SNOWING!!!!!
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#45205 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,310 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:48 PM

Well, already in CT so I'm kinda ....near.... Maine. I'm down for Psillytown!!

Oh my God New Englanders are stupid. So my job is a company that sells cars at auction, and 80% of them are totalled cars from insurance companies right? Which means that when the weather is bad we are very, very busy. And these FREAKIN vehicles owners and these FREAKIN insurance people keep calling us to ask why we haven't been picking up cars!! Could it be that we have the same number of drivers but more than twice as many cars as in the summer? Or could it be that it WONT STOP SNOWING!!!!!

Do what I would do if these were my kids. In your best mom or teacher voice, " and why do you think that is? Can you think of any reason the car might not be picked up?". Probably can't do that. Just be super sweet and nice. I used to work in No Cal and would put on a southern voice and be all apologetic and explain why those bad lawyers couldn't have what they wanted. A couple of them told my employee I made them feel really bad and evil. ;)

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#45206 curlyfries

curlyfries

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 05:35 AM

Maybe we could all move to Maine! Take it over. Make it the gluten free homeland! I'ld suggest you all move here to Kansas but it would take too much money to detox it from wheat.

Awww geez, people. <_<

Maine? :huh:

Really? :unsure:

If When I move, it's going to be south, like North or South Carolina.

If it snows there, it won't hang around for long. ;)
~~Lisa~~

"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."--Moliere

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."--Douglas Adams

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!--Amanda

gluten-free since 1/08
Posted Image

#45207 curlyfries

curlyfries

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 05:51 AM

Every time hubby has anyone talking to him about transfering (I don't think he'll leave this company voluntarily), we look at houses we could afford. I don't think we'll ever leave the midwest. We can't afford this house in any other part of the country.

This is true. But we don't need as big a house, anymore.

Oh, and if Italy ever came up as a possibility, I could consider it. :) What's the weather like, there?

DD made an effort on the driveway, trying to break up a path to our cars so we don't fall on our arses. So I picked up some of the pieces of ice, averaging about 10 inches across and about 2 inches thick and was throwing them into our skating rink yard. They landed with a 'THUNK' and slid towards the street. Didn't even make a dent. :o

Before the ice storm hit the snow plows came through our neighborhood and actually put down salt (or whatever it is they use). Unheard of! I was sooo tempted to go out there with a broom and sweep some into our driveway :P But I had the baby, so I lost my opportunity.
~~Lisa~~

"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."--Moliere

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."--Douglas Adams

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!--Amanda

gluten-free since 1/08
Posted Image

#45208 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:24 AM

If When I move, it's going to be south, like North or South Carolina.
If it snows there, it won't hang around for long. ;)

In my senior years, I'm thinking that I would like to go even further South.....much further.
Jamaica.. . . . . . ....Tortola.... .. . .. . . ...(((((sigh))))))). . . . . .....Aruba.... . ...:dreamyface: . .. . ......just have a small, fully-equipped dwelling ready for us to inhabit from November first through the end of February. . . . . .. . ..
That would be me. Snowbird Extraordinaire... . . . ... . . B)
Emily

#45209 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:31 AM

Speaking of dreams, Jack decided not long ago to start writing down his dreams as soon as he opens his eyes in the morning. I was just in his room putting his clean laundry pile on his bed when I spotted his open notebook on the night table, complete with morning scribblings. I looked at his entry for last night, and it said (I'm paraphrasing):

I was at home but I was also on The Titanic (it was kind of like in our living room), helping evacuate people. I was wearing a very official uniform, way too big for me. A really old man would not get into a lifeboat. . . . ....I began to yell at him, and finally I hit him. It was terrible.....but he got in the lifeboat.
Then I saw my mom washing post-it notes. They were no longer sticky, so she was completely ruining them.
That was all for last night.

Emily

#45210 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 11:36 AM

ANNNNNNNND... . . ...THEY'RE OFF!!!!

http://www.yukonquest.com/

Michelle would have just broken out of the gates, as the race began at @11:00 am, just over half an hour ago.. .. . ... . .she started fourth, and wearing bib #4. . . .....a lucky number! :)
Emily

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: