#47926 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,240 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:34 AM

Hi,

Last night I was diagnosed with intussusception. "Intussusception is a serious disorder in which part of the intestine either the small intestine or colon slides into another part of the intestine. This "telescoping" often blocks the intestine, preventing food or fluid from passing through. Intussusception also cuts off the blood supply to the part of the intestine that's affected".

I'll be keeping you in my prayers and sending positive energy to you.

Loey

Goodness, Loey! You have now had every disease or medical condition except prostate issues! :D

Do they do anything for that intussusception?

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#47927 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:17 AM

Loey!!! You did not need that :o You must promise us you will not come up with any more of these things, especially the ones we can't pronounce :rolleyes: I hope they are taking good care of you.
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#47928 Loey

Loey

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:18 PM

Loey!!! You did not need that :o You must promise us you will not come up with any more of these things, especially the ones we can't pronounce :rolleyes: I hope they are taking good care of you.

The first treatment they try is a painful enema. If not, surgery. I'm still smiling though and feeling blessed to have all of my psillies in my life. Evidently everything I have is connected. They're all autoimmune and you're more susceptible (as we all know). I'm going back to my PCP in 45 minutes and then I'll know what the next step is. I've seen my PCP 3 times this week (as well as once a week for the past two weeks). Coincidentally I see my GI tomorrow (pre-scheduled 6 month checkup) so that's handy.
I need to go in my basement now and dig around my rewards from when I taught first grade. My PCP has had her adorable (and precocious kids with her the last three visits. The last time Clark was there with me the youngest one tried to get him to give him $50. He was jumping all over him. I know that Clark secretly enjoyed it.
One last happy note - I think my insurance got screwed up when I got on Disability. I no longer have a co-pay with my prescriptions. Now that put a big smile on my face. It's an enormous financial burden lifted. I just hop it isn't a mistake. I'd hate to have to pay it all back. Does anyone know if this is a part of disability? I'll be able to get medicare but not for another two months.
Miss and Love you all! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Loey
P.S. I swear I'm not trying to make the Guinness Book of Records as the girl with the most autoimmune diseases. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#47929 flourgirl

flourgirl

Peaches

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:47 AM

Gee whiz Lo! Hoping you can get some relief from some of this! The fun sometimes just never ends. Sorry to hear that the saga continues....but glad that you have some answers. Hang in there!
GOD IS GREAT, GOD IS GOOD, THANK YOU FOR OUR GLUTEN-FREE FOOD!

MUSIC IS THE BREATH OF LIFE
Theresa

#47930 flourgirl

flourgirl

Peaches

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:55 AM

thanks to you all for letting me Wine or Wodka or Wat-ever! Lol.....I never could drink....wish I could. I do plan on firing my Dr. office in total. They have been rude on a number of occaisions to top it all off. As soon as I find a decent replacement, and get a grip on this new information.
I have started physical therapy....working first on the neck pain/issues, before addressing the many other areas of pain. Seems I can't have anti-inflammatories or Nsaids...as they are triggers for the big D with the colitis. I've known for a long time now that I can't take them....they make me ill. (Duh). The therapist said that no wonder the other meds that the PA had me try didn't work......(Duh again). I can't wait to fire them and tell them why! I have some fun fanatasies about that....but I promise not to be "too" cruel and sarcastic. (Assume that the word "too" is a relative term).
Hugs to you all, and great health and happiness in the coming year!
GOD IS GREAT, GOD IS GOOD, THANK YOU FOR OUR GLUTEN-FREE FOOD!

MUSIC IS THE BREATH OF LIFE
Theresa

#47931 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:40 AM

The word "too" has an unlimited range; I think you should explore its upper end :D
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

#47932 curlyfries

curlyfries

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:44 PM

So let me tell you how my day went. <_<

I got ready for work and decided to start my carto give it a headstart at warming up(it's in the driveway), then went in the house to grab my things, forgot there was something I needed to bring and went upstairs to get it. I walk out the front door and see my car backing out of the driveway. It's still dark so I can't see who's in my car.

I'm thinking...."I can't just stand here and watch my car get taken away!" So I run up and start banging on the hood screaming, "GET OUTTA MY CAR!!! GET OUTTA MY CAR!!!"....all the way out into the street.

Then he stomps on the gas and zooms down the street....still in reverse. So I'm standing in the middle of the street watching him and he stops,puts it in drive, and is coming back this way!

For one second I thought, "Maybe I should stand in front of him and make him stop!.....no wait, that only works in the movies." So he zooms past me, close enough for me to bang on the side of the car and scream at him again.

I watch him drive past and stop at the next stop sign and pick up somebody.

Now there's nothing to do but go back in the house.....only I'm locked out. He has my house key!!!! At least Brian is home....sleeping. He goes to work in the afternoon. So I have to bang on the door to wake him up and then he can hobble on his crutches to let me in.

So after calling the police, insurance, rental car, Brian takes me to work and stops at the hardware store on the way home to get new locks for the house.

But there's a happy ending. A few hours later the cops spot my car, give chase, and end up catching 2 guys. A third got away. And the car is fine...except it stinks of cigarette smoke <gag>

And by the way car thieves.......I have your earbuds....nyah, nyah!!!!! :lol:
~~Lisa~~

"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."--Moliere

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."--Douglas Adams

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!--Amanda

gluten-free since 1/08
Posted Image

#47933 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:02 PM

For one second I thought, "Maybe I should stand in front of him and make him stop!.....no wait, that only works in the movies."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm glad it all worked out.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#47934 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 05:05 PM

Good gawd, Leeeesargh... . . ..what an adventure.... :o :wacko: But glad to hear that the cops are earning your tax dollars! ;)

Loweee and Tareeesuh.....I'm so sorry to hear about all these *!#!*#!@*! illnesses...... ..makes me realize how incredibly lucky I am. I really admire you both.....such incredible spirits! :wub:
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#47935 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 05:22 PM

Three good things:

New set of earbuds
You didn't have to find pencil and paper to write down the license number
They at least knew how to drive

oh, and another:

They didn't change the license plates :D

What a discombobulating way to start the day. Now you need two sets of keys for the car: one to warm it up with, one to lock and unlock the doors while doing so.
Neroli

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

#47936 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 05:31 PM

Jeez-O-Pete!!

Wow Lisa, you make my day sound relaxing and stress free. Glad you got your car back.
Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Posted Image

#47937 curlyfries

curlyfries

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 05:36 PM

Three good things:

New set of earbuds
You didn't have to find pencil and paper to write down the license number
They at least knew how to drive

:lol:

For a split second I was thinking "........crap! I didn't get the license plate! Wait.... :rolleyes: "
~~Lisa~~

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."--Douglas Adams

gluten-free since 1/08
Posted Image

#47938 curlyfries

curlyfries

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 05:41 PM

Now you need two sets of keys for the car: one to warm it up with, one to lock and unlock the doors while doing so.

I could've done that but wasn't thinking. Hubby doesn't even want me doing that, though, cuz he's afraid they'll just break the window. I think we're going to look into the electronic car starter. If they don't have the key. the car will shut off as soon as they press the brake to shift out of park.
~~Lisa~~

gluten-free since 1/08
Posted Image

#47939 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,240 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:30 PM

Febreeze does a good job on car odors. Also, supposedly, lots of newspaper and a closed car works. Must separate the pieces of newspaper and, for my van, I would need to steal a lot of paper from the neighbors. The paper is supposed to soak up the odor.

There are car detailed that can wash the inside & get smells out. We have 5 cars. I can't remember the plates. Should write them down.

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#47940 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,057 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:43 PM

Look for a source near you of a product called Nok-Out. It is more effective than Febreeze. It works on just about any odour of organic origin, including tobacco, but also skunk, urine, vomit, feces, sweat (gym bags), etc.

We sell it in the store, and use it ourselves. It is awesome.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: