This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

gluten-free Pizza Delivery In Kansas City!

KellyM

ElizabethN Apprentice
do you know of any other resturants in the kc area that have gluten free resturants

Lulu's Noodles downtown has a gluten free menu with a ton of options, if you ask for it. Their food is really good and I have never had a problem with getting sick from it. I eat there as much as possible.

Also, Bonefish Grill is an upscale place that has a gluten free menu. If you like fish, it is delicious.

I heard a rumor that Skye's also has a gluten free menu though I have never been there myself to confirm..

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

hillyb6 Rookie
Lulu's Noodles downtown has a gluten free menu with a ton of options, if you ask for it. Their food is really good and I have never had a problem with getting sick from it. I eat there as much as possible.

Also, Bonefish Grill is an upscale place that has a gluten free menu. If you like fish, it is delicious.

I heard a rumor that Skye's also has a gluten free menu though I have never been there myself to confirm..

wee out in the blue springs area so most of those resturants i dont even know, i guess i have to find some that are more kid friendly i have 6 kids and we used to love to eat out we do have an outback near us,

joes crabshack, zios, olive garden, applebee's, gold corral,carrabas, mongilan bbq i think, ihop, dennys, all the regs, tgif, then the normal fast food places, between no mcdonals and no pizza my dd is gonna be bumming, but dh works in kansas and he knows where waldos pizza is he used to work by there i can have him pick some up for us from time to time

thanks for the info

jayhawkmom Enthusiast

Hiya! Waldo Pizza isn't in Kansas - it's on the Missouri side of the state line, 75th and Wornall. And, it's SOO yummy. We've been there 3 or 4 times now. We like to go on the "off times" though, since it tends to be horribly crowded at dinner time. Cross contamination scares me, even though they've all been trained with regards to the issue.

I wasn't sure if you were asking about all those other places or just commenting on where you guys like to eat, but Applebee's is a HUGE nono. There's nothing there that's safe, and they know very little about food allergy issues, intolerances, or cross contamination issues. We haven't been there since June, when my daughter's endoscopy.

Lymetoo Contributor
Since I'm not in Missouri I'm not in their delivery area. But, I would have no problem sending DH over there on his way home from work to bring home a pizza every now and then. =) =) =)

Ask them if they deliver to Branson!! :D

jayhawkmom Enthusiast
Ask them if they deliver to Branson!! :D

LOL!!!! The next time I go for pizza, I'll be sure to ask! =)

We buy pizza crusts from the same bakery that supplies theirs. And, I make pizza at home. But, there is something so much better tasting about a pizza baked in a pizza oven, as opposed to MY oven. KWIM?? :D

celiacgirls Apprentice

I went to Waldo's last week when I was in KC. We ordered the gluten free/dairy free crust. Even my gluten-eating friend liked it. We ordered the soy cheese and the waitress came back out to tell us that the soy cheese had casein in it but they had vegan cheese which did not. I didn't even ask her about that :o but luckily, they knew enough about it to tell me.

One of my daughters is also soy free and the pizza crust has soy in it but I brought her a pizza crust and they put their toppings on it and baked it for her.

I am very concerned about eating in restaurants but I felt very comfortable eating there. Too bad I don't live close to KC!

angel-jd1 Community Regular

OMG OMG!!! I FINALLY got to have Waldo's Pizza.........it was too good to be true! It tastes alot like Pizza Hut Pan pizza without the thick crust.

I was/am in heaven. Thanks for letting me in on the secret. I am so glad I finally got to go.

I was sitting in the booth waiting for my pie, and I had to make phone calls telling folks where I was and what I was about to eat! ha

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

OMG OMG!!! I FINALLY got to have Waldo's Pizza.........it was too good to be true! It tastes alot like Pizza Hut Pan pizza without the thick crust.

I was/am in heaven. Thanks for letting me in on the secret. I am so glad I finally got to go.

I was sitting in the booth waiting for my pie, and I had to make phone calls telling folks where I was and what I was about to eat! ha

I think that they may need to work a bit harder on their CC. My tummy feels not so great today :( I'm also wheezy and dark circles under my eyes ........ darn it!!

jayhawkmom Enthusiast
I think that they may need to work a bit harder on their CC. My tummy feels not so great today :( I'm also wheezy and dark circles under my eyes ........ darn it!!

Ohhh, that's not good!!!! The person who owns the bakery that supplies the gluten-free crusts personally trained the staff on how to deal with CC issues. Oh, that's very upsetting to read. She will want to know that!!!

I'm so sorry!!!

Ohhh, that's not good!!!! The person who owns the bakery that supplies the gluten-free crusts personally trained the staff on how to deal with CC issues. Oh, that's very upsetting to read. She will want to know that!!!

I'm so sorry!!!

Do you know if they have checked the status on all of their toppings? Of course the fresh veggies would be fine, but what about the peperoni, sausage (in tiny balls with spices), canadian bacon, spices etc?

I just got to thinking that it could have been something like that also that they haven't checked into yet?!?! :blink:

If anybody knows or can find out please let me know :)

jayhawkmom Enthusiast

Ohhh, I honestly don't know about *that* Jessica!! My kids won't eat meat on their pizza, so I never even considered to think about it.

I hope you didn't feel "icky" for too long.

My older child just had positive blood tests and is really frustrated. I was thinking of taking him to Waldo, as a special treat, just to remind him that his life is NOT over. The pizza is so good, he would not even notice that he's missing something. He's a "cheese only" kind of guy.

Ohhh, I honestly don't know about *that* Jessica!! My kids won't eat meat on their pizza, so I never even considered to think about it.

I hope you didn't feel "icky" for too long.

My older child just had positive blood tests and is really frustrated. I was thinking of taking him to Waldo, as a special treat, just to remind him that his life is NOT over. The pizza is so good, he would not even notice that he's missing something. He's a "cheese only" kind of guy.

Well shucks!! I was hoping you would know ;)

It is hard feeling "normal" with this diet. I can't imagine being a kiddo and trying. Pizza is one thing that I terribly miss. I make it at home, but it just isn't like picking up the phone and ordering :)

Hopefully someone will know if the topings have been checked for gluten free status :)

Thanks for the quick reply :)

• 4 years later...
isntsheclever Newbie

I know I'm digging up an old post... But I am curious if anyone else is having problems after eating Olivia's Oven pizza crust. I seem to be intolerant of something in the recipe...

silk Contributor

I love Waldos! My family and I came to KC for the Royals/Red Sox game this summer and ate at Waldo's. We were in heaven. So many delicious options from the salad to dessert and they carry 6 different types of gluten-free beer. So........do you suppose there would be a delivery fee if I called and placed an order for delivery to Lincoln, Nebraska? :lol:B):lol:

• 2 weeks later...
bentramer1981 Newbie
Open Original Shared Link Wheat State Pizza also delivers a gluten-free Pizza I know the name sounds scary but the crust is differnt from everybody elses gluten-free crust. I've only tried it once so I can't yet give it my full seal of approval yet. I talked to the lady there and she knows to change her gloves, use clean utensils withoout me having to say anything about it so you might give it a try.
kareng Grand Master

Open Original Shared Link Wheat State Pizza also delivers a gluten-free Pizza I know the name sounds scary but the crust is differnt from everybody elses gluten-free crust. I've only tried it once so I can't yet give it my full seal of approval yet. I talked to the lady there and she knows to change her gloves, use clean utensils withoout me having to say anything about it so you might give it a try.

Do they get fresh toppings? Clean gloves mean nothing if they have been getting thier floury fingers into the cheese & then use that floury cheese on the gluten-free crust.

Archived