This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gluten Free Food Fair This Saturday In Michigan

Guest AutumnE

Guest AutumnE

Is anyone else going to it in farmington hills? Im hoping too if my daughter and husband are not sick. I'll put the link in my profile since I'm not sure if I can post it here if anyone's interested.

Autumn :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

TinkerbellSwt Collaborator

I will be at the one in Staten Island, NY on April 29th I believe.. anyone else??

mommida Enthusiast

I would like to go this saturday. Is it at the church in farmington?

L.

darlindeb25 Collaborator

Tinkerbellswt--I am pretty sure there will not be two vendor fairs here in New York on the same day. The Suffolk County Vendor Fair is on the 29th, but it isn't on Staten Island. It's in Farmingdale at the college on Rt. 110. If there is another vendor fair on Staten Island, I'm sorry. If you need more info, pm me.

ooppsss.. you are right.. deb.. sorry.. i dont know why I had Staten Island in my head.. I know its up there in NY.. thanks for the correction... sometimes I just dont know which hand is doing what over here! :P

darlindeb25 Collaborator

Just back from our meeting tonight and there are 58 vendors coming to the fair. Sounds like it will be really something to attend. Hope to see you there.

mommida Enthusiast

THE TRI-COUNTY CELIAC SUPPORT GROUP

GLUTEN FREE FOOD FAIR

Saturday April 14th, 2007

10:00 AM to 2:00 PM

Farmington First Presbyterian Church

26165 Farmington Road

Farmington Hills, MI 48334

Open Original Shared Link

This seems to get bigger and bigger every year! :P

L.

(For the record, I just go to shop. I am not promoting any business and I am not currently even a member of tccsg.)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

bookbabie Apprentice
THE TRI-COUNTY CELIAC SUPPORT GROUP

GLUTEN FREE FOOD FAIR

Saturday April 14th, 2007

10:00 AM to 2:00 PM

Farmington First Presbyterian Church

26165 Farmington Road

Farmington Hills, MI 48334

Open Original Shared Link

This seems to get bigger and bigger every year! :P

L.

(For the record, I just go to shop. I am not promoting any business and I am not currently even a member of tccsg.)

Wow, thanks for posting this, I hadn't heard!

Guest AutumnE

mommida- See you there ;)

bookbabie- This is one of the bigger ones in the state :)

Oh, I will be there deb! I can hardly wait!!!

mommida Enthusiast

I've cleared my schedule and I will be there! :D

Thank you AutumnE, if you hadn't posted I would have forgotten about it this year. :rolleyes:

I have to keep my eyes open for those individual microwave cakes.

Laura

Guest AutumnE
I've cleared my schedule and I will be there! :D

Thank you AutumnE, if you hadn't posted I would have forgotten about it this year. :rolleyes:

I have to keep my eyes open for those individual microwave cakes.

Laura

Your welcome Laura :)

I just read about those, if they are the same ones, food-tek isnt it? Or something like that? Im looking for those too, it will be nice for birthday parties so I dont have to bake a whole cake just so my daughter has a piece of cake.

My husband ditched me :rolleyes: He volunteered to help move furniture out of my grandma's. My mom and dad will be over there too. Its almost an hour drive for me but I really, really want to go. Do they allow strollers? If my daughter sleeps well tonight we will be there as long as it isnt another day like it was today. five to six hours of sleep for a toddler is not best tackled in a very public busy place ;)

hapy4dolphins Contributor

HI, I am bringing my whole family. Hubby, 2 yr. old son, and 8 yr. old daughter and I. It's my daughter and I that are gluten intolerant, but most of the kitchen is getting gluten-free.

Nicole

Lansing

Guest AutumnE

Hmm, I just posted and poof its gone :rolleyes:

Anyways, Hi Nicole :)

Have fun tomorrow! If you havent tried celiac specialties donuts, give the glazed a try them are yummy!

mommida Enthusiast

I just got back from the food fair! :)

I stocked up on the microwave Food-tek products.

The nicest surprise today was Piece O' Cake from East Lansing! YUMMY!!!YUMMY!!!YUMMY!!!

Very nice people and such good cookies, cupackes, and petit fours (which I would have sworn I hated petit fours, even from the old gluten days!). So I have to retract any former post in which I complained about the prices, because Peice O' Cake is well worth it. ;)

Laura

hapy4dolphins Contributor

HI!

Yes, Piece o Cake is fantastic. I've gone in every Wednesday to pick up my gluten-free things now for about 6 months. Linda is a very wonderful women. :) Glad you liked their things.

I did try the donauts that were glazed and wooooowwwwwwweeee! I'm so glad we took the time to go. There was so much food that we hadn't tried before or heard of.

Did anyone else get sick yesterday? One the trip back home, both my daughter and I started to have stomaches. Were not sure it was something with gluten or just simlply all the food we ate. Haven't ate like that for a very long time. :)

Nicole

mommida Enthusiast

The donuts were gone by the time I got there. :rolleyes:

I didn't get sick, but I limited what I tried. ;)

Laura

KarenDianne Newbie

Hi - I'm new to this...just looking for someone to talk to. I'm starving listening to all this talk about good gluten-free food! I live in Canton and sure wish I'd known about the food fair. Briefly, after tons of years of problems, we now believe celiac disease is the culprit. HOWEVER - for the past 3-4 weeks (along with losing 12 pounds) I can't seem to tolerate anything I eat but the following: mashed potatoes w/butter (cooked at home with soymilk/store bought really gave me diarrhea), green beans, carrots, canned peaches, lately a little plain chicken and a glutenfree cereal with Silk. In one month I've never gone more than two days feeling good...I'm not sure what I'm eating that periodically bothers me...these foods are basically all I can eat and even then, something seems to hit me. Today, for the first time, I had a baked potato from Wendy's - I just knew it couldn't possibly hurt me...I did put their butter or margarine on it - and I've been miserable the rest of the day! So do you think that could be what did it? and if so, why?? . I'm so tired of mashed potatoes...even gluten-free waffles seem to bother me, along with anything toased (like glutenfree bread). What's up?? What can I do?? Can the butter be bothering me? I thought veggies and fruits were good...but maybe the peaches are bothering me...???

Can anyone please help me get through this for the next few weeks until my next dr.s appt? I'd be so grateful to get any advice on what food I might try...and also hints on what I'm currently eating (whether or not it's ok to eat it all).

Thanks so very much!! I'm getting pretty desperate here...

KarenDianne

Also, do you know of any glutenfree restaurants in the surrounding areas (including Ann Arbor)??

mandasmom Rookie
Hi - I'm new to this...just looking for someone to talk to. I'm starving listening to all this talk about good gluten-free food! I live in Canton and sure wish I'd known about the food fair. Briefly, after tons of years of problems, we now believe celiac disease is the culprit. HOWEVER - for the past 3-4 weeks (along with losing 12 pounds) I can't seem to tolerate anything I eat but the following: mashed potatoes w/butter (cooked at home with soymilk/store bought really gave me diarrhea), green beans, carrots, canned peaches, lately a little plain chicken and a glutenfree cereal with Silk. In one month I've never gone more than two days feeling good...I'm not sure what I'm eating that periodically bothers me...these foods are basically all I can eat and even then, something seems to hit me. Today, for the first time, I had a baked potato from Wendy's - I just knew it couldn't possibly hurt me...I did put their butter or margarine on it - and I've been miserable the rest of the day! So do you think that could be what did it? and if so, why?? . I'm so tired of mashed potatoes...even gluten-free waffles seem to bother me, along with anything toased (like glutenfree bread). What's up?? What can I do?? Can the butter be bothering me? I thought veggies and fruits were good...but maybe the peaches are bothering me...???

Can anyone please help me get through this for the next few weeks until my next dr.s appt? I'd be so grateful to get any advice on what food I might try...and also hints on what I'm currently eating (whether or not it's ok to eat it all).

Thanks so very much!! I'm getting pretty desperate here...

KarenDianne

Gulios in Livonia...Bel Cibo in Clawson..lots of outback and carrbas in the area...Mitchells seafood...maggioano will prep gluten-free pasts...those come to mind!!

Also, do you know of any glutenfree restaurants in the surrounding areas (including Ann Arbor)??

StrongerToday Enthusiast

Hi and Welcome!! I'm in Ann Arbor, so first let me recommend the Yahoo group for gluten-free Ann Arbor. (If you can't find it let me know and I'll send you the link). You'll find the postings helpful as well as a database of stores, places to eat, etc.

As for you tummy problems, I would recommend that you slow down and just take it easy. Don't eat out, don't eat processed foods, and a lot of people find that they do have to give up dairy while their systems heal. I gave up dairy for a year and now I'm fine with it. Start by taking your diet to very simple plain foods, roasted meats, light fish, rice and potato. Then slowly add in one thing every 4 -5 days and see how you do. You'll find keeping a food log very helpful, that way you can see if there's anything specific that makes your tummy trouble act up.

Good luck and hope you're feeling better soon!

mommida Enthusiast

I'm in Oxford. If I can be of any help let me know.

In the beginning of your gluten free diet you may need to be casein free (protein of dairy). It could have been the butter on the baked potato that was the issue or CC. You can go to the tri-city celiac support group that was posted earlier too.

:D L.

Archived