This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Looking For Gluten Free, Yeast Free, Egg Free, Dairy Free Bread Recipe

Yasmine

Yasmine Newbie

Looking for a good bread recipe that is yeast, egg, gluten, and dairy free. Tall order, I know, but most of the quick bread mixes I've had are okay--looking for something like a plain or corn dinner muffin that isn't too sweet. Anybody have any good ones? (I am also garlic free, black pepper free, orange free, and a few other things but can have most gluten-free flours and dairy free margarine).

Yasmine

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

purple Community Regular

If nobody posts a recipe you could google on the web a recipe for it. Try gluten free, yeast free, vegan, bread recipe. There are a few out there. My dd is gluten-free/vegan, not yeast free.

freeatlast Collaborator

I have a recipe for Irish Soda Bread by Bette Hagman that fits every category except dairy free b/c it used one cup of sour cream; however, I have substituted pumpkin for the sour cream and it came out very good. I THINK you could substitute applesauce, as well, but have never tried it. Let me know if you're interested.

mommida Enthusiast

I didn't have time to respond to your post yeasterday. (and very little time today, so this may be confusing) :rolleyes:

A good mix to use a start, is some of the Chebe bread mixes. Some of the mixes have dairy so read the label! You have to find a good substitue for replacing 2 eggs. It has suggested subs for the butter/oil and liquid you can use anything down to water.

It is a different texture. More like a denser artisian bread. It also has more of a salty taste.

Good luck! Please let me know if you find a better recipe.

RiceGuy Collaborator

Making bread without those things really isn't difficult IMHO. I bake all the time, and never use dairy, eggs, or even sugar (and no gluten of course). Baking powder works in place of yeast in most cases too. It's just that you need to take the difference into consideration if you're starting with a yeast risen bread recipe. Sure, the taste will be different, but that's to be expected. For best results, use a baking powder based on Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate (SAPP). This will provide a much better rise than say Rumford's, which I found to basically fizzle out before I could get the dough into the oven. Bob's Red Mill baking powder is of the SAPP type.

The recipe you use depends on the sort of bread you are trying to bake. If you can outline the texture and crust you are aiming for, that should help others in giving you some tips and recipes. Also, it might help to know how you plan to use it. For example, sandwiches, toast & jam, French toast, garlic bread, etc.

Takala Enthusiast

I think if you read the two links I'm going to put up, and combine the ideas out of each, you should be able to come up with something.

I can tell you how to do a quick bread in a cast iron skillet, which doesn't have dairy, yeast, or gluten, but you will have to use an egg substitute. This can be a commercial type of product or some people make their own out of ground flax meal and hot water, with a bit extra leavening such as baking soda or powder in the recipe, and maybe adding a bit of xanthan gum. This thread here, when you scroll down, look for my post and the Gluten Free Quick Bread whole grain style recipe

https://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/index.php?showtopic=57610&st=0&p=529375&hl=quick%20bread%20recipe&fromsearch=1&#entry529375

I think maybe I will cut and paste it into here, anyway. This was from an April 30 2009 comment in a thread called Toasted Millet Pilaf

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Gluten Free Quick Bread, whole grain style no rice, no dairy no soy

pan. loaf. 4" x 8", oiled with olive oil. oven 350

• 10 months later...
salexander421 Enthusiast

This recipe is not quit as good as the one I use for yeast/egg bread but it is really good.

Open Original Shared Link

And,haven't tried this one yet...waiting on my teff flour to come. This one looks good though.

Open Original Shared Link

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

salexander421 Enthusiast

Oops, just realized this is an old thread :P

Jestgar Rising Star

recipes never really get old :)

salexander421 Enthusiast

recipes never really get old :)

I guess you're right :)

Archived