7 replies to this topic

#1 conniebky

conniebky

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 03:37 PM

Hi everyone! Well, it's been one month since I've been to my doctor and went on hormones. I CAN eat gluten, I've been a little apprehensive to post this.....

It turns out my hormones were so screwy that it was giving me panic - not attacks, but panic syndrome.

I've lost 23 pounds. It was ME who searched the net and found that my symptoms equaled gluten intolerance.

Well, the hormones have helped except I'm still goofy.... well, my glasses broke so I was trying to super glue the frame back together but it was hard because I had to put my left hand on the frame and the right side on my knee to put the super glue in there .... so the glasses got stuck to my knee and you know how when you can't use your hands it makes your nose itch? So my nose started itching so I scratched my nose, but there was super glue on my finger, now there's my finger stuck on my nose and the glasses got stuck to my knee and Lord or Lord, I was a big ol' mess with all that but it all worked out.

I know you all said my doctor doesn't know what he's talking about, but I am better, only I can't take caffeine or sugar anymore.

Be kind to each person that you meet, for everyone is fighting a great battle

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,077 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 03:49 PM

Well at least we got you off the sugar and the caffeine Connie. Now if we can just get you off the cheap booze, the roughnecks, the cream puffs, the chawin' terbacky and the glue sniffin' we will have something to celebrate! Lol, just kidding. Congrats on your perseverance with the health search paying off. :D
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#3 T.H.

T.H.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 04:25 PM

If you've found the reason for your symptoms, that is all that matters in the end. :)

I think so many of us here have been through so much where we had to hunt and fight to figure out what's wrong, most of us are just happy to hear that someone else has found the answer for their own health, no matter what that answer is. COngrats - I hope your doc had some good hormone therapy that works really well for you.

T.H.

Gluten free since August 10, 2009.
21 years with undiagnosed Celiac Disease

23 years with undiagnosed sulfite sensitivity

25 years with undiagnosed mast cell activation disorder (MCAD) 

Daughter: celiac and MCAD positive

Son: gluten intolerant
Father, brother: celiac positive

#4 Skylark

Skylark

Glutenologist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 05:37 PM

Connie, that's wonderful news. The only sad thing about it is that we'll miss your hillbilly humor around here.

Glad you're feeling better and rid of those awful symptoms, and kudos to your doc who figured it out.

#5 chasbari

chasbari

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 07:32 PM

She doesn't really HAVE to leave... does she?

#6 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,990 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:02 PM

She doesn't really HAVE to leave... does she?

She does not, and is most welcome to stay. :)
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#7 WheatChef

WheatChef

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 01:55 AM

Eat a big soft pretzel for all of us.
Receiving a qualified diagnosis of Irritable Bowel Syndrome is as useful as a Psychiatrist giving you a diagnosis of "Doesn't Think Right".

#8 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,667 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 03:02 AM

Glad you figured out what was wrong and happy to hear you are feeling better.
Hopefully you were smarter than I was when I superglued my glasses to my nose after I ran into a cupboard door. When the end of the day came I just ripped them off my face. Yowch!!!
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: