17 replies to this topic

#16 DavinaRN

DavinaRN

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

I would say eat the 1500 calories with smart choices, but throw in some type of exercise. Your weight is a combination of food intake, exercise, mental state, health concerns and genetics. Everyone is different in what they need. My body is calories in vs out, doesn't matter what I eat as long as I'm moving. My husband only responds to low carb.
Gluten Free since October 2012
Negative blood work, positive dietary response
Endocrinologist offered referral to GI if I needed formal diagnosis to follow the diet, otherwise just pass on wheat, barley & rye
and save my money

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Juliebove

Juliebove

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

Sorry about bumping old thread... I am using 1500 calorie diet and I don't see positive results... So, what would be better:
A) Switch to 1200 calorie diet, or
B) Use the same 1500 calorie diet, but start exercising consistently? :huh:

My daughter has lost about 36 pounds on South Beach. No counting calories.

Basically the first two weeks are meat, cheese, eggs and as many non-starchy veggies that you want. You can also eat beans but no other carbs. They do give dessert suggestions such as ricotta cheese with cocoa powder, vanilla and an artificial sweetener. Daughter didn't like that at all.

Then for the next two weeks you gradually add some carbs back in. But they have to be whole grains and fruit. Eventually you will be allowed 3 servings of each daily. Brown rice is her main source of carbs now. It is easy to make a small amount of brown rice go a long way if you combine it with meat and vegetables to make things like Spanish rice or soup. Again, you can eat unlimited beans on this diet.

You are also supposed to have three meals and two snacks daily. The snacks should be protein and vegetables. You can also have some nuts on this diet.

#18 MadCake

MadCake

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:45 AM

what are u eating? is there a type of diet you're trying?? do u have any thyroid issues??

i have been on every diet in the world, and ive been dancing & dieting my whole life, even had a bout with anorexia.. i can say with all my experience- yes, exercise is great for your immune system, mental state, & quality of sleep- & great for your musculoskeletal system- but the foods that i eat and the amount have the BIGGEST influence on my figure- way more than exercise

i truly exercise now to stay sane, to help tone down my autoimmune diseases, and also- exercise really helps with posture & chronic pain... and studies have shown that women who exercise (regardless of their weight)- tend to feel happier with their bodies than those who don't

Thanks for reply! I am trying this diet now:http://www.caloriegu...0-calorie-diet/. It is too early to tell results, but I will definitely share my success or fail... :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: