Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Gluten Free Oats For Baking Oatmeal Cookies Recipe

8 posts in this topic

Which companies offer a gluten-free oats to use in baking, I have recently tasted an oatmeal cookie from WowWow bakery using gluten-free oats with dried cranberries, nuts etc., double thumbs up! Anyone have a source for gluten-free oats and any recipes. Does Authenic Foods offer a gluten-free oats? Any gluten-free baking gourmet's out there, Thanks, Doug

Ads by Google:

I use Bob's RedMill gluten-free oats. They're the slower cooking variety, so I usually dump 'em in the food processor first to break them down a bit. Otherwise, they don't soften up very well.

I use Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Quick Cooking Oats. They work really well even for no-bake cookie recipes :)

FooGirlsMom

I use Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Quick Cooking Oats. They work really well even for no-bake cookie recipes :)

FooGirlsMom

Those are my favorite cookies! I was just looking for gluten free quick cooking oats. All the store had was the thick cut oats from Bob's Red Mill. If I put them in the food processer a bit will that work?

(crossing fingers!)

FooGirlsMom

I like your signature name, do you remember where you purchased the gluten-free quick cooking oats, was it at a health food store or a regular supermarket? That picture also intriqued me, since I was on a cruise recently, and was in 150-175 mph winds 300 miles off the eye of Hurricane Egor, a category 5 hurricane, off the coast of Nova Scotia. Best wishes, Doug

I react to Bob's gluten-free Oats, which is unique, as I love and use all his other gluten-free flours.

I use a product that is from a company that is confusingly called "Gluten Free Oats" which is, they say, owned by a family of celiacs. I get it online from amazon. I can eat one or maybe two oatmeal cookies and I can use it in meatloaf or an apple crisp but I can't eat a whole bowl of oats or five cookies.

If you can't find the oats, you can try Quinoa Flakes as a replacement. I was able to find the quick cooking Bob's at the grocery store. But if you can only find the regluar ones, a grind in the food processor works. Sounds like great cookies!

If you can't find the oats, you can try Quinoa Flakes as a replacement. I was able to find the quick cooking Bob's at the grocery store. But if you can only find the regluar ones, a grind in the food processor works. Sounds like great cookies!

Yep. Quinoa flakes work great. I use them in ANZAC biscuits (which are traditionally made with oats) and they work beautifully.