#1 Judy3

Judy3

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 02:46 PM

Hello all.
I just got back from a week long trip to Northern California to see my son and his family. Had a great time and plenty of gluten free food available. The zucchini muffin at the North Coast Co-op was to die for!!! I made chocolate cake for my son's birthday party, one regular and one gluten free (with Bob's Red Mill baking flour but the same recipe for both). Everyone liked the gluten free one better LOL

3 doctor's appt's on Thursday when I got back. Opthalologist for Diabetes eye exam - no issues see ya in a year!! - Gastro doc asked how I was doing, I told him great, haven't felt this good in my whole life or had this much energy. He smiled and said you look good too, you have color in your face again. Told him I had been cutting down on my pain meds and it seems to be ok and he said I will eventually get off of them and several others too. I can use my judgement on cutting down and then discontinuing. He was impressed that the diabetes meds were already gone. He then said "See you in a year!".
Regular (GP) doc, can't believe my blood sugar is so good since going gluten free and also commented on the color in my face and my energy levels. Off all my meds for diabetes now and he's finally convinced as he did an A1C test. Maintained my weight over 3 months didn't lose anymore or gain so both GP and Gastro doc's were happy with that. I have to see my GP every 3 months in 2011 just to keep a handle on this whole thing but that's ok. 2 out of 3 said 'see ya in a year' LOL

So in essence, I had a great trip, great doctor visits, and life is good for Judy! :D
*Judy

Food allergies to fish, seafood, tree nuts, aspartame(Equal),flax seed, and many drugs
Stomach issues since childhood
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) age 6-44
Diabetes age 44 to present now going back to Hypoglycemia since gluten free.
Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 2005 and it's gone now that I'm aspartame and gluten free. Hmmm
Celiac disease- negative test in 2009, positive tests in Nov. 2010
Gluten free started 11/08/2010
Genetic tests positive- DQ2, positive -DQ6 (?) negative- DQ8 11/15/2010

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 03:19 PM

Hooray for Judy!!! Nice work :D
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,709 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 04:36 AM

That's great news. It does feel so good when our 'personal pharmacy' keeps getting smaller and smaller. Glad to hear everything went so well.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: