Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Argghh !. Why Is It So Hard To Find Out What's Happening ?!.

• Please log in to reply

36 replies to this topic

#16 Manonfire

Manonfire

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:57 PM

Hi everyone.
Thanks for the replies. IrishHeart , I really appreciate that reply also.
I'm up again now at almost 3am with my stomach burning and feeling sick again since about 11.
I didn't end up going to the walk in clinic that day , I was about to leave and just thought to myself " what's the point ".
I did go to my GP's today though and she examined my stomach and had a little chat with me. I told her all of my syptoms and everything that had been going on. it was a doctor I don't normally see.
She thought the burning belly pain could be acid reflux but like most doctors ( and I suppose as much as I hate to say it , understandably ) didn't really know what was going on. She said she'd write a letter to my gastroenterologist and said that I should also phone his secertary myself in the morning also.

Like Irishheart mentioned I will start a log of what I'm eating and see if anything matches up. I did notice today I haven't ate as much and whilst I've still had symptoms they've not been as horrible as they sometimes are. What worries me though is that it could be the fact that it isn't what I'm eating but the fact that I'm eating that's making me ill.

I THINK I've been avoiding gluten but honestly not being sure 100% what's wrong with me I haven't put 100% effort into staying strict and being 100% positive. I am certain though I haven't had any wheat for a few months and I've only gotten worse since which is also even more frustrating.

I also went to see a pain doctor today who I've been under for several years for my prostate and he was surprised at how much weight I'd lost and could see it as soon as I'd walked in the door ( even though I've been wearing long sleeved tops so people wouldn't notice as much ). He asked what had happened and I told him everything and he said he thought it sounded like an inflammatory bowel disease or celiac.

I'm struggling to think my problem is Celiac now if I'm honest since I think I've been avoiding gluten and I've actually gotten worse. It can't hurt to try altering my diet though so I'll give it a shot from now on.

I've been taking probiotics for a few weeks now although I've not tried digestive enzymes so I'll have to look into those.
Also I'm having a really hard time finding things to eat that are gluten free , dairy free , nut free and don't aggrivate my acid reflux. The worst meal to figure out is always breakfast.
On top of this I've got to worry about gaining weight back and not loosing any.

I'll update the thread soon. It helps me to write in here , makes me think a little clearer and go over everything again.
Thanks for listening too everyone , I probably sound like a broken record lol !.

IrishHeart , when you said you were up with burning in your stomach and throat was that through acid reflux , meaning to much acid or were you struggling with like you mentioned not enough stomach acid ?.

Is it common for celiac disease to cause any problems such as B12 defeciency , allergies or maybe even prostate problems ?.

Thanks.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 anabananakins

anabananakins

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:24 PM

I'm really sorry you feel so ill and I hope you feel better soon.

My breakfast tip is hardboiled eggs and hummus. I take the yolks out because I'm trying to lose weight (and don't like the taste). The hummus cuts the egg-y taste and adds in some calories which you need.

B12 deficiencies are extremely common with celiac.

Most of us seem to get more sensitive to traces of gluten the longer we are gluten free. If you're sometimes gluten free, and sometimes getting traces, this could be part of the problem. I really encourage you to be completely 100% about it and see how that makes you feel. Though being gluten free will make celiac testing results unreliable.

All the best!

#18 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:16 AM

Okay, let's start over again! :)

ARE you eating gluten at all? rye? wheat starch in prepared products? Barley? hydrolyzed wheat fillers? Because not being --as you say 100% strict--will keep the autoimmune response going and keep you ill.
Trace gluten is still gluten.

Did the endoscopy by the GI include biopsies? If not, there is no way in hell the GI can declare you are not a celiac. Just having a "Look-see" down there will not reveal a thing about villous atrophy. And some people have negative biopsies too---because of the extent of damage and/or biopsies are taken from the wrong place. In the end, testing may prove unhelpful and the only treatment/resolution is a gluten-free diet anyway!

Yes, celiac (and non-celiac gluten intolerance) is associated with acid reflux, constipation , major weight loss, lost muscle mass, allergies, B-12 deficiency and dozens of other conditions and autoimmune diseases. An "allergy" to wheat is not known to cause such reactions. Do you have trouble breathing after ingesting wheat? hives? swollen eyes? closed throat? You CAN have both an allergy to wheat and an intolerance, but gut issues, and vitamin deficiencies etc. come from the intolerance to GLUTEN in wheat, rye, barley and in some cases, cross-contaminated oats.

You need to understand that there is a big difference between allergies, intolerances and full-blown celiac disease. Read up on wheat allergy vs. intolerance and celiac here:

http://americancelia...celiac-disease/

Here is a link to over 300 symptoms of celiac disease and gluten intolerance. Read it, print it off, circle ALL your symptoms and bring it back to your doctor:

http://glutenfreewor.../symptom-guide/

You have many symptoms going on, kiddo--and yes, they may very well be related to GLUTEN. There is no question that you're in pain and suffering and so, you have to get to the bottom of it.

Keep a food log. Eat PURE, WHOLE foods. NOTHING from packages. PURE water. Use digestive enzymes--but MAKE SURE THEY ARE GLUTEN FREE !! Check all your vitamins.

In answer to your question about heartburn pain, some people actually have reduced stomach acid --I think I am one of them--as heartburn medications tended to make things worse for me. I stopped taking them and I felt better. There is a test for this as well. Ask you doctor about it.

Keep persisting until you find the cause of your pain and weight loss. I wish you luck.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

β€œIf idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#19 starrytrekchic

starrytrekchic

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:16 AM

Are you sure the chicken is wheat-free? Some meat processing companies use wheat as filler to plump up meat, including chicken.

#20 Bubba's Mom

Bubba's Mom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:00 PM

I just wanted to add..check your toothpaste ingredients, spices that you cook with, are your pans/utentils, cutting board, toaster new or never been used with gluten?
Are you handling pet food that may contain gluten?
Are you eating small amounts of food at a time so you don't overload your angry digestive system?

Just a few more things off the top of my head. We want you feeling better! :)

#21 Manonfire

Manonfire

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:09 AM

Okay, let's start over again! :) ARE you eating gluten at all? rye? wheat starch in prepared products? Barley? hydrolyzed wheat fillers? Because not being --as you say 100% strict--will keep the autoimmune response going and keep you ill.Trace gluten is still gluten.Did the endoscopy by the GI include biopsies? If not, there is no way in hell the GI can declare you are not a celiac. Just having a "Look-see" down there will not reveal a thing about villous atrophy. And some people have negative biopsies too---because of the extent of damage and/or biopsies are taken from the wrong place. In the end, testing may prove unhelpful and the only treatment/resolution is a gluten-free diet anyway! Yes, celiac (and non-celiac gluten intolerance) is associated with acid reflux, constipation , major weight loss, lost muscle mass, allergies, B-12 deficiency and dozens of other conditions and autoimmune diseases. An "allergy" to wheat is not known to cause such reactions. Do you have trouble breathing after ingesting wheat? hives? swollen eyes? closed throat? You CAN have both an allergy to wheat and an intolerance, but gut issues, and vitamin deficiencies etc. come from the intolerance to GLUTEN in wheat, rye, barley and in some cases, cross-contaminated oats.You need to understand that there is a big difference between allergies, intolerances and full-blown celiac disease. Read up on wheat allergy vs. intolerance and celiac here: http://americancelia...ac-disease/Here is a link to over 300 symptoms of celiac disease and gluten intolerance. Read it, print it off, circle ALL your symptoms and bring it back to your doctor: http://glutenfreewor...mptom-guide/You have many symptoms going on, kiddo--and yes, they may very well be related to GLUTEN. There is no question that you're in pain and suffering and so, you have to get to the bottom of it.Keep a food log. Eat PURE, WHOLE foods. NOTHING from packages. PURE water. Use digestive enzymes--but MAKE SURE THEY ARE GLUTEN FREE !! Check all your vitamins. In answer to your question about heartburn pain, some people actually have reduced stomach acid --I think I am one of them--as heartburn medications tended to make things worse for me. I stopped taking them and I felt better. There is a test for this as well. Ask you doctor about it.Keep persisting until you find the cause of your pain and weight loss. I wish you luck.

I'm 99% sure I'm not eating any gluten. My diet only consists of a few things now.
Green beans , lettuce , sweetcorn , beans that say they are gluten free ( but I'm not eating these now anyway because of the acid reflux ) , potatoes , egg , gluten free bread , bacon ( again not much anymore because of the acid reflux. I think that's it.
It's a really limited diet really and I'm finding myself to be starving everyday but scared to eat , with all the allergies and acid reflux on top of avoiding gluten it's a real challenge. I've noticed because I'm not getting many carbs Ive got no energy also.

When they did an endoscopy they did take a biopsy , how many I'm not sure but I'm going to find out when I get my appointment with my gastroenterologist , which it's looking like I wont be getting forwarded.

Are you sure the chicken is wheat-free? Some meat processing companies use wheat as filler to plump up meat, including chicken.

I've been buying the same chicken for years and I've just had a look on the packaging and it doesn't mention anything regarding gluten , wheat or even allergies so I'm not sure. I'll have to try and look deeper into it.

I just wanted to add..check your toothpaste ingredients, spices that you cook with, are your pans/utentils, cutting board, toaster new or never been used with gluten?Are you handling pet food that may contain gluten?Are you eating small amounts of food at a time so you don't overload your angry digestive system?Just a few more things off the top of my head. We want you feeling better! :)

I've just changed my toothpaste to another but neither of them mentioned gluten. :( I'm going to have to really have a good look at everything next time I'm shopping.
Another thing I'm noticing is this gluten free stuff is so expensive !. For example a small loaf of gluten free bread is £2.00 here. It's double the price of a large normal loaf of bread !.

My pans , utentils, cutting board and toaster do get used by my mum and she eats wheat so I'll have to be really careful with this now too. It can take a long time to start feeling better and because I'm not even sure if I'm celiac how long do you guys think should I wait before I start to try something else ?.
I suppose it wouldn't hurt to stay gluten free for good ecspecially since I have an allergy and intolerance to it but it's a lot harder to gain weight like this and I literally look like a skeleton.

Thanks everybody , I really appreciate the support as always. I think most people that know me personally think I'm blowing this diet out of proportion and think I'm being stupid. They say I'm not gaining weight because I'm not eating all the things I'm avoiding and say allergies don't matter.

I'm tempted to just listen to them sometimes , even though they drink and smoke they all seem healthy.
I've never had a cigerette or a drop of alcohol in my life and feel like this , typical lol !.

I'm going to have a look on some UK celiac websites for some meal ideas. :)
Thanks again.

#22 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:57 PM

My pans , utentils, cutting board and toaster do get used by my mum and she eats wheat so I'll have to be really careful with this now too. It can take a long time to start feeling better and because I'm not even sure if I'm celiac how long do you guys think should I wait before I start to try something else ?.
I suppose it wouldn't hurt to stay gluten free for good ecspecially since I have an allergy and intolerance to it but it's a lot harder to gain weight like this and I literally look like a skeleton.

OMG!! Here is the problem!!!!
You are being cross-contaminated (CC) every day, hon! There is no way you will heal if you share these items with a wheat eater!!!! You have got to read about CC and stop it immediately. Whether you have an allergy, an intolerance or celiac--you will never heal with CC going on. It is just that simple--if it is a gluten issue.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#23 Manonfire

Manonfire

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:35 PM

Yeah , it will be a problem.

To be more specific I don't use a toaster because I haven't been using one since going wheat free. A chopping board I do use and obvious pans and other things similar so I suppose I'll be buying all that stuff new. I feel sick again now , it always seems to get ten times worse at night. I'm not sure if that's because I have acid reflux.
I've just took an ant acid but they don't seem to do much good and make my stomach feel a little strange.

If it is acid reflux what I find strange is the fact that I feel like this despite what I eat. My stomach burns and I feel really sick. As mentioned this has been a lot worse in the last week and seems to be just carrying on.

Something I don't think I've mentioned is that just before I started getting ill the end of last year I took an antibiotic for my skin called " tetracycline ". Now towards the end of using it I started to feel sick so stopped it early. Frustratingly enough it didn't help me in anyway at all and I'm guessing they might have caused or at least made my acid reflux worse. I really regret taking that drug.

When I was given two B12 shots last week there was 1 or 2 days when I strangely felt great and I actually went to the toilet 4 days in a row ( which for me is a miracle lol ). I've read that low acid levels in the stomach can cause B12 deficeincy and maybe even acid reflux ?.

So I'm wondering if when I've had the endoscopy and they've seen acid reflux could that mean I have low acid production instead of too much ?. Is this still called " acid reflux " and would doctors see a difference upon inspection ?.
If I do have low acid levels ( maybe caused by celiac disease ) why would acid go back into the esophagus if there isn't enough in my stomach ?.

Sorry , this is all getting compliacted now lol.

One more thing I'd like to mention seeing as though I'm going all out and you guys have been so helpful.
I was on antibiotics for 2 and a half years straight when I was 13-15 for my prostate problems ( which they think were caused by constipation ) and then as mentioned after taking the tetracycline I felt a lot worse.
I read Candida overgrowth can be caused by antibiotic abuse ( so to speak ) so it would make sense if I had candida overgrowth and then took antibiotics I would feel worse.

I asked my doctor to do a stool sample a few weeks ago and he brushed candida overgrowth off as an overblown myth and said it's only common in people with an auto immune disease ( which is what celiac is anyway as I understand it ).
I'm going to push more to get a stool sample done and in the mean time try my best to take as little medication as possible , I'd rather suffer short term than ruin my body with more stuff and never find a cause.

Thanks again everyone.

#24 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:12 AM

Okay, you keep revealing things that are possible clues to your continuing stomach pains. I personally cannot tolerate antibiotics in my gut. It hurts like heck.

YES! prolonged use of antibiotics will make for a leaky gut and gut flora imbalances. That is exactly what happened to me. They kept "treating" my diarrhea with antibiotics, suggesting I had a giarrdia infection (WRONG!!)and never suggesting PRObiotics or what to do to heal. So, for several years, I just kept getting worse. Idiots!

It is possible you have canidida or a small bowel bacterial overgrowth, despite what your GI has told you. They always deny anything like this exists--yet look at all the people on here who suffer. So, what DOES this doctor think is going on? Certainly, he sees your massive weight loss??? (then again, I dropped 90 lbs. without trying and no one seemed to find that alarming except hubby and me)

You may have more things going on than just a gluten intolerance.
You may need to find someone who can help you get to the root of the problem. Digestive Stool sample testing is a good start. From some things you say, I am assuming you are not in the US? Do you have access to naturopathic doctors or integrative doctors? They will run tests like these.

Aside from all the advice I have given you, kiddo, I'm about out of ideas. Sorry. I was certainly in the same kind of burning pain as you describe --and the probiotics, gluten-free/SF/DF and plain foods diet, avoiding processed foods and sugar has helped me immensely. I have a long way to go--celiac has done a lot of damage to me--yet I know healing takes time.

You may not feel well just yet but I do hope you continue to improve. The burning "acid" feeling took a while to clear up in my stomach/gut. If antacids are NOT quenching the fire, something else may be causing this pain. Again, there are tests for determining stomach acid levels. I am just offering ideas to you and there's no way any of us can "diagnose" you. Wish we could!

I hope you find your answers soon. Do not give up! Best wishes.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#25 mommida

mommida

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:52 AM

Sorry to play doctor online, it was a lot more fun as a kid ;)

Diagnosed with GERD, but what was the Eosinophil count? You are describing Eosinophilic Esophgitus symptoms. It is now being diagnosed more often but still not as often as it should be in some cases. Sometimes the Eosinophils are imbedded in "normal" looking tissue. Eosinohils are active for 12 DAYS once activated by a "trigger" food or airborn allergen. If you really could remember back almost 2 weeks to the meal that contained a 'trigger" that would be quite the trick. Start making a food journal. (For practice, don't remove anything from your diet yet.) Ask what the count was from your first scope (It may not have been screened for Eosinophils.) Adult diagnoses goes by how high the count is.
There are other possible things going on in your situation. H.Ployri, parasites,hernia, and so many more I can't remember. Good luck, but get back to the doctor ASAP.
Michigan

#26 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:23 AM

Diagnosed with GERD, but what was the Eosinophil count? You are describing Eosinophilic Esophgitus symptoms. It is now being diagnosed more often but still not as often as it should be in some cases. Sometimes the Eosinophils are imbedded in "normal" looking tissue. Eosinohils are active for 12 DAYS once activated by a "trigger" food or airborn allergen. If you really could remember back almost 2 weeks to the meal that contained a 'trigger" that would be quite the trick. Start making a food journal. (For practice, don't remove anything from your diet yet.) Ask what the count was from your first scope (It may not have been screened for Eosinophils.) Adult diagnoses goes by how high the count is.
There are other possible things going on in your situation. H.Ployri, parasites,hernia, and so many more I can't remember. Good luck, but get back to the doctor ASAP.

Mommida raises many excellent points and EE symptoms can be caused by use of tetracycline, too, I believe?? (a friend of mine had this and she had trouble swallowing food)...ask the GI if he checked you for this! (the stool testing can also check for parasites and h. Pylori--I believe) Good luck--keep pressing for an answer!

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#27 Manonfire

Manonfire

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:23 AM

Okay, you keep revealing things that are possible clues to your continuing stomach pains. I personally cannot tolerate antibiotics in my gut. It hurts like heck.

YES! prolonged use of antibiotics will make for a leaky gut and gut flora imbalances. That is exactly what happened to me. They kept "treating" my diarrhea with antibiotics, suggesting I had a giarrdia infection (WRONG!!)and never suggesting PRObiotics or what to do to heal. So, for several years, I just kept getting worse. Idiots!

It is possible you have canidida or a small bowel bacterial overgrowth, despite what your GI has told you. They always deny anything like this exists--yet look at all the people on here who suffer. So, what DOES this doctor think is going on? Certainly, he sees your massive weight loss??? (then again, I dropped 90 lbs. without trying and no one seemed to find that alarming except hubby and me)

You may have more things going on than just a gluten intolerance.
You may need to find someone who can help you get to the root of the problem. Digestive Stool sample testing is a good start. From some things you say, I am assuming you are not in the US? Do you have access to naturopathic doctors or integrative doctors? They will run tests like these.

Aside from all the advice I have given you, kiddo, I'm about out of ideas. Sorry. I was certainly in the same kind of burning pain as you describe --and the probiotics, gluten-free/SF/DF and plain foods diet, avoiding processed foods and sugar has helped me immensely. I have a long way to go--celiac has done a lot of damage to me--yet I know healing takes time.

You may not feel well just yet but I do hope you continue to improve. The burning "acid" feeling took a while to clear up in my stomach/gut. If antacids are NOT quenching the fire, something else may be causing this pain. Again, there are tests for determining stomach acid levels. I am just offering ideas to you and there's no way any of us can "diagnose" you. Wish we could!

I hope you find your answers soon. Do not give up! Best wishes.

Thanks !.
My doctor doesn't have a clue what's going on. In fact I had to pay to see a private doctor and he was shocked I hadn't been referred. My GP's has over six thousand patients and seem to rush you in and out with every appointment so when I go in I always end up forgetting to mention something since everything is so complicated at the minute.
I've been thinking a hernia , candida , celiac , acid reflux or maybe a combination of them all.
It's frustrating to say the least but hopefully soon I'll be able to get this under control.
Thanks again for all the help you've given me.

I'll have a look into that and the other possibilites you've mentioned.
I've been keeping a food diary as from yesterday but to be honest it seems now I'm in constant pain , falling asleep and waking up with it even if I eat barely anything which is strange.
Thanks.

One more thing maybe worth mentioing is that my oven broke a while ago and since then I've been using a george foreman grill to cook my chicken on. It tends to cook quite hard and if I get it out earlier it doesn't look cooked to me. I'll have to get an oven soon. This is getting expensive , I'm having to redesign the kitchen and stock it with expensive food lol !.

#28 mommida

mommida

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:17 AM

Try and have some frozen things to soothe the burning in your chest for the "GERD". Popscicles, Slurpees, fruit sorbets (look for fuits types that can bring down inflammation), and some people suggest frozen banana (I would be careful not to choke on frozen fruit).
Michigan

#29 jcmi10236

jcmi10236

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:36 AM

I have a question for mushroom. If I have been avoiding gluten, will a colonososcopy still show celiac etc?
I actually have Constipation, nausia, horrible back and tummy pain. Is that normal for the back to hurt?

Its so hard to figure out what to eat because almost everything has gluten or soy. I stuck to the meat and cooked vegi/sweet pot diet and water for a couple weeks and actually had relief briefly. I obviously added something that has me a mess. Going to go back to the plain diet. I get a little rebelious and want something enjoyable and ya know . . . just something a simple as adding spices. Plain chicken gets old and I cant hardly tollerate fish much more.
Interesting to hear that IC and muscle weakness go along with gluten issues I have never heard that. One of my previous theories is that the bowel pushing on the bladder(inflamation) might be increasing the bladder pain.

#30 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 08:03 AM

I have a question for mushroom. If I have been avoiding gluten, will a colonososcopy still show celiac etc?
I actually have Constipation, nausia, horrible back and tummy pain. Is that normal for the back to hurt?

Its so hard to figure out what to eat because almost everything has gluten or soy. I stuck to the meat and cooked vegi/sweet pot diet and water for a couple weeks and actually had relief briefly. I obviously added something that has me a mess. Going to go back to the plain diet. I get a little rebelious and want something enjoyable and ya know . . . just something a simple as adding spices. Plain chicken gets old and I cant hardly tollerate fish much more.
Interesting to hear that IC and muscle weakness go along with gluten issues I have never heard that. One of my previous theories is that the bowel pushing on the bladder(inflamation) might be increasing the bladder pain.

I'm not Shroomie but -

First - A colonoscopy will not show Celiac ever. You need an endoscopy. A colonoscopy is for the large intestine. You need the endo for the small intestine. A Doc might want to do both to rule out any other issues.

If you have been gluten free, The villa damage may have healed enough that it will be hard or impossible to get a biopsy during the endo that will show Celiac.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

β€œThe main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

β€œOne can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: