Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Shaky, Nausea, Feel Weird After Eating.....help?

• Please log in to reply

4 replies to this topic

#1 TTNOGluten

TTNOGluten

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:57 AM

Well it has now been 4 1/2 months of gluten free-ness, and still little improvement. I am concerned with these peculair symptoms that I continue to have. Started with new GI doc, and I like him, seems to listen, but still have so many odd ball symptoms. Hoping you guys can help.
I notice about 2-3 minutes after eating, and it can be as simple as a banana, eggs, apple, anything for that matter, that I have episodes that begin with feeling nauseous, out of my head-foggy, and shakiness, and seem to have a tremoring feeling. This lasts sometimes for about 45 minutes to an hour, and I just feel aweful, then I return to my usual chronic achiness in the upper belly with nausea and back pain. I have checked my blood sugar and it is normal during this time frame as well as my blood pressure, also normal. Seems like after one of these episodes, I then get very drowsy, lasting for 2-3 hours or so, and feel like I need a nap???

any thoughts, or anyone else have similar things going on??

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:40 AM

I think I may have told you this already, but I had the same thing going on for many months after going gluten-free. It took a while for my system to calm down.

I found that I NEEDED PROTEIN with any carb I ate--fruit or starchy---to stop that nausea, jittery feeling, spaciness and afternoon fatigue.

I also needed B-12, Folate, D supplementation.

Eventually, all that stopped --unless I get CCed by accident.

I may have asked you this on another post you made, and I know you are still struggling post- cholecystectomy, but are all your vitamin/minerals levels up to par??

A deficiency in any one of those can wreak havoc on the body, even causing the symptoms you describe. Post surgery and a new celiac DX?--you may be deficient in a few of them.

Maybe you should ask your doctor to check them for you?

What did the GI doctor say--did he check you for other possible GI tract issues yet? You are having quite a struggle, I know. Sorry.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#3 cyberprof

cyberprof

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:13 AM

IrishHeart - as ususal - is right on target. I had these symptoms for years even pre-diagnosis. I could never eat just an apple it has to be an apple plus peanut butter or cheese or an egg.

In addition to what she said, a sublingual multi B is my choice because I know it will get absorbed. Plus I have to have a Magnesium supplement daily or I feel "off".

So, yes more protein. D, B and Magnesium supplements. Best of luck to you.
Diagnosed by biopsy 2/12/07. Negative blood tests. Gluten-free (except for accidents) since 2/15/07. DQ2.5 (HLA DQA1*05:DQB1*0201)

Son, age 18, previously delayed growth 3rd percentile weight, 25th percentile height (5'3" at age 15). Negative blood work. Endoscopy declined. Enterolab positive 3/12/08. Gene results: HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201 HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0503 Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,1(Subtype 2,5) Went gluten-free, casein-free 3/15/08. Now 6'2" (Over six feet!) and doing great.

"Great difficulties may be surmounted by patience and perseverance." Abigail Adams (1744-1818) 2nd First Lady of the United States

#4 hermpal

hermpal

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:01 AM

Was gluten free for 2 weeks feeling fine then eat kale. I have been nausea for the past month. Not much helps it I have started steriods about 5 days. What is going on. Can just eating kale make so sick for so long? What should I do? I thought once I was gluten free I would be fine but doesnt seem so. Help any suggestion is welcome

#5 Chad Sines

Chad Sines

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:02 PM

Everyone seems to be different with what they can tolerate and not tolerate. I had my gallbladder removed about 5ish years ago. I cannot tolerate fat at all until several weeks after gluten-free. If I slip, then it is back to the drawing board. Even a single egg would lead me to run to the restroom, plus lots of bloating, sometimes nausea.

We all seem to be broken down in slightly different ways and each seems to have their own weird issues. It would be interesting if it was not so devastating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: