17 replies to this topic

#16 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,353 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:51 AM

I sleep with earplugs myself, also due to my husband's incessant snoring. I swear it sounds like an army of chainsaw murderers coming to get me. I found that until I got used to earplugs I would take them out in my sleep. I still take one or both out some nights. It took some time to get the hang of getting them in just right, it's practically an art form. It's possible that you did the same rather than them falling out, but of course I've been known to be wrong. I use the pink ones called Sleep Pretty in Pink, they're fairly cheap at Wal-Mart.

We have also gone to the last resort of separate rooms, but he's so loud I still need earplugs. :lol:

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 cavernio

cavernio

Advanced Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:17 AM

My fiances CPAP machine is pretty easy to travel with. It has a case that looks just like a lunch bag with a strap.
His would be medium sized though. He has a mouth and nose mask, and there's a smaller one just for your nose. However, especially with the mouth and nose combo, people often need/want to moisturize the air that's constantly blowing in your face, and that means a container of distilled water as well. They're also not cheap.

However, even if your hubby doesn't travel with it, it could still be worth having it at home. He should get tested for sleep apnea regarldess of how well you sleep though anyways...
Of course, that said, CPAP machines will only work properly for the type of sleep apnea where the person's airway gets blocked. There's another type the autonomic reaction to breathe is messed up, so even if the airway is open breathing might not happen. The vast majority of sleep apneas are actually a combination of both of these. My bf definitaly has a combination, although no one diagnosed him with that. But I can tell because his breathing is super shallow and terribly uneven, and then when he hasn't breathed for awhile he often gets a spasm and then starts to breathe again, and he does that even with the CPAP. It's the jostling that bothers me the most.

Honestly though, there's nothing wrong with sleeping separately, or at least trying it out. Nothing wrong with using the couch. You could even fall asleep next to him and then if/when you wake up, change to another bed or couch. Both my bf and I will do that on occasion. Doesn't say a thing about your relationship.
diagnosed Jan 2012, bloodwork only
June 2012 positive visual of celiac disease from gastroscopy

#18 Skylark

Skylark

Glutenologist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:05 AM

My parents went to separate rooms because they like about 10-degrees different temperatures at night and dad coughs a lot from allergies. They are both much happier. It's hard to have a happy and affectionate marriage when you're walking around sleep-deprived.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: