4 replies to this topic

#1 Kimbalou

Kimbalou

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

I ate a gluten-free pizza last night that I've had before at this restaurant. I know it's safe, the manager told me they have a dedicated gluten-free area. The first pizza I had there was just cheese and olives. This time I had a veggie one...with mushrooms, olives, artichokes, tomatoes and garlic. I think it was the garlic in combo with the veggies...now I have been to the bathroom 5 F'ing times this morning! The worst part is, I am at work. Took Immodium and it's barely helping. I can't eat anything sometimes, and it really gets to me. I brought the left-over pizza with me today, but I guess I'll skip it.
11/19/10 diagnosed with Celiac disease after positive blood test
12/14/10 Biopsy positive for Celiac disease

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:43 AM

Sorry :( you are having such a bad day.

One of the most frustrating things for me is the unpredictability of some foods (which are fine one day) and are suddenly not "okay" for me the next. No pattern. Nothing I can figure out. I have tried. I chock it up to my still-healing gut.

Is it possible it is not the pizza, but a stomach bug?
or something else you ate/drank yesterday? (but, you have probably already thought about all this)

Whatever caused it, it still sucks that you are suffering today.
Stay hydrated and I hope you feel better soon!

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#3 tictax707

tictax707

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:05 PM

I totally feel your pain. It's so frustrating! I too, have problems with other foods sometimes, even if they are gluten free. But ultimately I just pay attention, like you are, and note that maybe the veggie/garlic combo is not for you and avoid it in the future. Maybe you can pick off the veggies & garlic for lunch? It's all kind of lame, but it's a learning process, this whole taking care of your body thing... Depending on how bad the D is, you can pick up some pedialtye as it works better to rehydrate you than gatorade. Here's to you bouncing back quickly!
Diagnosed celiac 2002
Diagnosed lymphocytic colitis 2003
Casein free
Love baking/cooking
Love triathlons

#4 dani nero

dani nero

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:50 PM

Although I would love to have my stomach move even once when I'm reacting to something, I still so understand your frustration. I feel like crying when it happens just because I've been thrown off the well-wagon again and I can't seem to find foods that don't give me indigestions. I hope this passes quickly for you and that you'll be back to feeling good again, and without being discouraged about eating out!
Self diagnosed January 2012, and on elimination, low-salicylate & low-iodine diet.
Also G6PD

#5 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:19 PM

I had to go without tomato products for over a year. The acid did a number on me. I now tolerate them well, but have to watch it if I get run down or fatigued. Do you have a set of symptoms that you get from gluten, so that you can tell whether you're having a gluten reaction or something else?
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: