4 replies to this topic

#1 jlaw

jlaw

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:00 AM

Hi Friends, I'm only a few months into this (feels longer!). My DH is extremely bad so my gut symptoms are minimal, but I'm starting to notice my eyes getting sorer. It feels like I've been swimming in a pool with too much chlorine. Does anyone relate? I've read a little about sjorgen's - but they don't seem dry so much as sore. Also, if it was related to sjorgen's is there any logical reason I would notice this now after recently going gluten free?
Since I was little and thught I was wheat intlerant, I used to get a pain in my (always my left??) leg and have now started to feel it in my arm as well after a glutening.

Appreciate any advice, particularly the eyes :-(

Thanks
DH dx by skin biopsy July 2012

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:28 AM

Could be dry eye. Dry eyes are sore. Try a natural tear drop in them twice during the day. That helps me.

Possible you are allergic to something in the air? Moldy fall leaves? A "real" Xmas tree in the house? If you think that may be it Zaditor or the generic allergy eye drops might help that.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#3 mamaw

mamaw

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:56 PM

Check out your thyroid.....TSH Free T-3 Free T-4 Total T-3. Reverse T-3 & antibodies TSI

#4 jstwnttbhealthy

jstwnttbhealthy

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

my eyes get dry, itchy, gritty whenever i ear apples.
Elisabeth

#5 Opa3

Opa3

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:05 AM

Appreciate any advice, particularly the eyes :-(

I've have pain in my eyes too. I don't think its allergies or dry eye. Maybe from constant headache from celiac disease.

I tried GABA750 from GNC for about two weeks and did notice some relief to the eyes and more calmness during the day.
Look up www.supplementcentral.com. Search for Now Foods GABA 750mg.
Abstract: "gamma aminobutyric acid ....found mainly in the brain and eyes."
I stopped for a while because I started an elimination food study. Abstract: "Best without protein." I feel less calm today.

Hope this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: